mtbr member
    Apr 2010

Upgrade Cycle Works in Chicago, IL

Just ordered a Marzocchi Marathon RL from them. It is on sale for $242 and change with free shipping. Beat nearest competitor by $50... and they're an actual shop here in the USA.
    Ordered by phone, and the girl taking the order was helpfull and curtious. today is Thursday. I should receive it Monday.

Some of the other items I looked at were pretty cheap also.
    Last edited by indianadave; 04-04-2012 at 03:48 AM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    I've seen some great deals from this shop. I don't know how they do it, but I may be ordering something from them soon. Let us know how it goes- i.e. did you receive everything ok???

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    I ordered a Reverb from them a few days ago. They were out of stock of the one on the site but they agreed to nearly match the price for a newer one. Should get it in the mail tomorrow.
    2011 Santa Cruz V-10

2008 Giant Reign X

2007 Specialized Allez

mtbr member
    Karate monkey shipped free and 75$ less than any other place. Fast shipping too.

banned
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by indianadave View Post
    Just ordered a Marxocchi Marathon RL from them. It is on sale for $242 and change with free shipping. Beat nearest competitor by $50... and they're an actual shop here in the USA.
    Ordered by phone, and the girl taking the order was helpfull and curtious. today is Thursday. I should receive it Monday.

Some of the other items I looked at were pretty cheap also.
    What the URL?

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    I got a Monarch RC3 Plus from them a month ago. Unreal pricing and fairly fast shipping. I will buy from them again. Oh yeah the shock is money.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Fork arived Monday... Just got around to opening the package, and it's as described...
    A1 vendor! Will be shopping with them again!

Life Is Short

Stiffler's mother

They have an account with QBP, the super giant bike parts warehouse. So does a few others.
    So they don't actually have them in-stock, they order them and sometimes have it drop shipped to YOU. Or they get them and re send them to YOU. They save $$$ by not having to own the merch. And pass the savings along to you.
    Good concept, except when you want to see the real mccoy in hand, you can't.

Also, Your LBS hates this style of marketing. I can't blame them. Its a different world now,
    things change. I wish I were still 19 chasing beautiful girls around and coming home at 3AM
    Instead of chasing STIFFLER'S MOTHER, cougars & moms with mini vans and coming home at only 2AM

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by fatcat View Post
    They have an account with QBP, the super giant bike parts warehouse. So does a few others.
    So they don't actually have them in-stock, they order them and sometimes have it drop shipped to YOU. Or they get them and re send them to YOU. They save $$$ by not having to own the merch. And pass the savings along to you.
    Good concept, except when you want to see the real mccoy in hand, you can't.

Also, Your LBS hates this style of marketing. I can't blame them. Its a different world now,
    things change. I wish I were still 19 chasing beautiful girls around and coming home at 3AM
    Instead of chasing STIFFLER'S MOTHER, cougars & moms with mini vans and coming home at only 2AM
    At least you didn't marry her...
    =====
    bacon (is my dog)
    http://www.sbtec.com

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Also, I'd like this store better if they spelled upgrade "Upgradde" (with 2 Ds, for a double-dose of their pimping)
    =====
    bacon (is my dog)
    http://www.sbtec.com

mtbr member
    Mar 2013

Upgrade Cycle is not on the Up and Up!

I ordered a 29" Rockshox SID fork off Upgrade Cycle's website and was sent a 26" fork instead. I'm quite certain I ordered correctly but Upgrade Cycle was sure I didn't despite the fact that they could not produce any info regarding my original order. For a slight upcharge they agreed to send me a 29" SID that was "on it's way" from their supplier. I heard the words "on it's way" a lot over the next month. Eventually, Josh, the guy I was dealing with finally admitted that the fork was never sent to me despite giving me non-existent tracking numbers. Really. This guy was a master at giving me the runaround on the phone. I could go on and on. Josh promised to refund my credit card-which never happened. The refund was issued only after my credit card company got involved. What a disappointment these guys are to the biking community. Beware!

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Ya, they suck big time. I placed an order for a set of wheels last year that they didn't actually have and got the run-around for a few weeks. Had to get credit card company involved before refund was given.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I ordered lots of stuff from them in the past and never had any problems. They used to be ~20% lower on QBP stuff but I have noticed in the last 6 months their prices have risen to retail level. Aebike, Universal, and BOI usually have better deals now so I order from them instead.