mtbr member
    Jul 2006

Upgrade Cycle.com

opinions and/or coupon codes appreciated.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    I have purchased xx1 cranks and a Reba RL from them in the last couple of months. They have the lowest prices around and ship fast...especially if you talk to them after you order. Universal and Tree Fort wouldn't even match their prices on either product. I have not found any coupons...probably because prices are already rock bottom and they have free shipping for any order. Great to deal with!

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Bought all the parts for my cyclocross build from them including the frame. Shipped fast, good to work with.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Like a lot of other sites, Upgradecycle is basically just an online storefront for the largest parts distributor in this country, Quality Bicycle Parts. Compared to other sites, I've found Upgrade cycle generally has the best prices on items over $100. Their prices for small $ items tend to be quite high, probably because of their no-minimum free shipping policy.

I've had great luck with them, too, but others have run into problems with them not updating their inventory in a timely fashion. For whatever reason, the inventory they show on their site lags 3-7 days behind what QBP actually has available, and their site allows them to take orders for items that may not actually be available. When that happens there can be problems.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    I ordered a XX1 crankset from them on a Monday. I was already told it was not in stock but it showed to be in stock on their website in order for it to be ordered through their system. I was told that if I called on Friday to remind them that I would be first in line for that crankset. I did as they requested and received it the following Wednesday. $60 cheaper than anywhere else and free shipping. All said and done 1.5 weeks which is what many places would take anyways. This crankset is currently very hard to come by so I was VERY pleased with them that I got it at such a great price.