Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Apr 2006

universalcycles.com ROCKS!

I just changed most of my parts on my 2006 Epic and before purchasing parts I read that universalcycles.com are awesome.

True enough, they are so far the BEST online retailer I have dealt with. Mike and Josh were excellent all throughout my transaction and even wrote a personal note on my receipt. Small things like that really mean a lot to me especially coming from online retailers.

Anyway, thanks again Mike and Josh. Looking forward to buy some parts again.

Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
    That's a switch, a few years ago there was countless complaints about them.
    I don't post to generate business for myself or make like I'm better than sliced bread

3xv
    mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    I second what ALFRED said. I saw how they took care of his orders.

TranceX Rider

Great!

Nothing's permanent here except change itself... Way to go, Mike!!! You're improving!
    Quote Originally Posted by jcatienza
    There was no need to scare potential buyers and burn bridges "buddy"
    Tell me now, what's Product testing all bout then?

Who are the brain police?
    Last year I ordered from them and received great service, the best prices and quick delivery. They suck! Oh wait...
    The Who - Glittering Girl
    Ween - The Grobe
    Yellowman - Strong Me Strong
    all your base are belong to us

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    I've had good experience every time buying from them.
    2 wheels

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I will definitely not hesitate buying or recommending these guys to anybody. I'm always on alert whenever I purchase something online since I have been burned a couple of times before and did not receive good service at all.

Kudos to the guys at universalcycles.com!

neutiquam erro
    Yeah, I agree - numerous excellent transactions with them recently. Got a phone call today from them regarding a shipping status; I appreciated the proactive way they handled it for me.

I remember them having a not stellar reputation before also, so whatever changed, I'm happy to see it! Their prices and selection are impressive; I'll definitely continue to order from them.

Cheers, Chris

ong
    mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Especially if you're in Portland!

They don't really have a retail store, but if you're local, you can get a "credit" for shipping -- they actually reduce your invoice by a few bucks if you're going to pick up items locally. And they're just a short ride from my house... I came back with a messenger bag full of derailleurs and tires recently!

ups and downs
    I've been buying from Mike at Universal since they were located in Nevada and have always had good service. They're my first choice when it's time to buy new stuff online.

What It Be ?
    Got me a EC70 Zero last week should be in monday. And yes they ROCK!

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Never had any issues with Mike. He's always been good to me.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005

Great Wheelbuilder Too!

I guess I'm piling on, but the wheelset they built for me is still the best upgrade I've done to my bike!

mtbr member
    i had a problem lately with universal. I placed a 760 dollar order jan.21st which at first they said would ship out by the 23rd but then never sent out till the 26th at almost midnight. To top that i paid for express shipping, 41 dollars and they sent it out ups ground. So my shipment didn't arrive till 2pm today. Thats almost two weeks. When i contacted them about this they blamed the weather. I never had any problems like this with pricepoint or cambria and will never buy from universal again.

ups and downs
    They did have a stretch of seriously ugly ice storm weather in Portland over the week of Jan 17-24.

http://www.king5.com/sharedcontent/V...14054&catId=80

TranceX Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by ong
    I came back with a messenger bag full of derailleurs and tires recently!
    Oo0h, you're own version of Santa with a messenger bag though... Shop 'till you drop!

|*chuckles in delight|
    Quote Originally Posted by jcatienza
    There was no need to scare potential buyers and burn bridges "buddy"
    Tell me now, what's Product testing all bout then?

Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
    Quote Originally Posted by rockyuphill
    They did have a stretch of seriously ugly ice storm weather in Portland over the week of Jan 17-24.

http://www.king5.com/sharedcontent/V...14054&catId=80

that doesn't account for using a different delivery method than was paid for.
    I don't post to generate business for myself or make like I'm better than sliced bread

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    mtbkr cookie - i'm sorry to hear that happened. something similar like that happened to me. i ordered a bunch of stuff from them and then the next day they emailed me that i had to wait for some of the parts and actually 2 day aired my parts when it came in. granted that i had to wait but i was very patient with them nevertheless.

like i said ealier, i will definitely be a returning customer and will gladly recommend them to anyone. try emailing mike, maybe he could do something for you. hope this helps! good luck.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    I'd be shocked if they didn't take care of you, at least by refunding shipping, when you contact them. Let us know what happens.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005

Universal

I did the same thing - upgrading my 2006 Epic with parts from Universal.

Shipping was slightly slower than expected, but it was ground. Everything was delivered as promised and I saved 15% using their web coupon.

Good service and no issues.
    "Nothing is free."

Ibis Mojo / Parlee Z5 / Colnago Master Zabel / Cannondale Tandem / Civia Loring w/bamboo fenders

trucido sira
    Dec 2006
    I have ordered alot from Universal, they do a pretty decent job and plan to continue shopping from them. The website is easy to use. The prices are competitive and if you order enough, you'll get a percentage off. They don't charge sales tax. If you need to call, the guys are pleasant enough. They have a good tracking system.

My only complaint is sometimes things don't get shipped out in time, but I'm patient enough to wait.

Ride Everything
    I placed an order over the weekend, and it was shipped late Monday. I own/operate a web-store, so I know first-hand that Mondays can be pretty crazy because everyone orders over the weekend thinking they'll be first in the queue come Monday morning. I used their price match feature, and while I didn't get an exact match, I did get the price discounted somewhat. I'll post a follow-up when the goods arrive, but until then, I'm happy with the experience.

mtbr member
    I hope I have the same good experience. I ordered from them for the 1st time today, so I hope it's here for the weekend so I can finish my SS conversion. Ordered a DMT STS tensioner and a new cog.

mtbr member
    i use them alot and have had good results as far as the orders, price, selection of items. the only knock on them is the shipping can be awful slow. it sometimes takes almost 2 weeks to get my parts. good thing i am a patient person.

Trail eater

Good job! they focking rock

I've had a wheelset built by them and its a great solid build for the buck. I just recently took order of a set of chris king hubs, front and rear. Not only were they the cheapest online but they give you 15% off for spending over $300. Thats is just unreal.
    Now I have a set of blue blingy hubs

I will look at their site before any other site, especially for large(ish) type orders.

carry on chaps
    Climb like a goat, descend like a banshee

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast