mtbr member

universal cycles going downhill?

I order a lot, and I mean a lot from them.

Lately things are getting slower and slower. Generally for a online co. this is the beginning of the end, if they can't port the orders to QBP efficiently, things have to be f-d.

Anyone else, or is this some sort of reverse customer rewards thing?

2 days from MN shipping and stuff is taking a week, despite selecting in stock MN.
    They either aren't paying their bills or aren't sending the orders.

I guess it;s time to pay full retail at CC all the time.
    note to self, do not read rider down forum.

mtbr member
    ordered saturday, everything in stock. got email that my order will ship no later than monday and that monday i will also receive tracking#. still dont have it as of now. not that it matters that much to me, still waiting for frame anyway.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    I received half of my order within a reasonable time frame using ground shipping (3 days). However one piece of my order was shipped from New Mexico by the US post office and it has yet to get here. Should be delivered today. They were all suppose to be shipped form the same warehouse.

mtbr member
    Dang, I just placed a big order including some custom wheels. I'm sure they'll be on the way but it is summer time and a lot of the races are going into full force so it's possible that their staff is just swamped with orders.

West Chester, PA
    Sep 2006
    No problems here. I ordered 4 items yesterday morning and received 2 tracking numbers last night.

Had a 9 item order back in june. Also received 2 tracking numbers the same day and had everything 3 days later.

mtbr member
    I am getting the same 'will ship complete monday' then nothing until later in the week, i don't mind when it's something I don't need, but I'd rather not miss prime riding days when it's something I gotta have.

mtbr member
    Somehow I doubt it. They just launched a new mobile website. That's pretty forward thinking for a bike company. I ordered some stuff 2 weeks ago and got it in 2 days. Maybe they're just getting more and more popular and haven't hired more people yet to account for the increased business? Maybe it's just a slammed week. Who knows? I wouldn't sound the death knell yet. That seems pretty premature.
    Gotta get up to get down.
    LMB

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Ordered late sunday night, trk # monday afternoon. Right in line in my book.

Ovaries on the Outside
    I usually do in store pick up. I love them.

West Chester, PA
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by umarth View Post
    I usually do in store pick up. I love them.
    I already spend too much but I'd be broke in a week if I lived near universal or bike bling. I wouldn't even know what to do with myself seeing that much cool crap in one place. Luckily the shops near me are too cheap to stock anything. Can't even walk in and get valves for stans rims, its rediculous.

mtbr member
    hmm ill have to add bike bling to the recon of sites.
    My lbs are: do you have stans? "no, have you seen the new trek 3900?" no I am happy with my mojo, "what's that?"

my post is based on maybe twice a month orders for awhile. basically their stock status and vip discounts keep my business besides things I am ok w/ ebay shopping.
    It always was order Sunday, tracking late monday, here on wednesday if it was in stock in MN.
    Maybe volume, maybe bad luck. If others are still seeing same service level, I'll give them benefit of the doubt for now.

West Chester, PA
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixsun View Post
    They're not as fast as universal in my experience but supposedly their brick and mortar store is a bike junkie wetdream.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixsun View Post
    My lbs are: do you have stans? "no, have you seen the new trek 3900?" no I am happy with my mojo, "what's that?"

my post is based on maybe twice a month orders for awhile. basically their stock status and vip discounts keep my business besides things I am ok w/ ebay shopping.
    It always was order Sunday, tracking late monday, here on wednesday if it was in stock in MN.
    Maybe volume, maybe bad luck. If others are still seeing same service level, I'll give them benefit of the doubt for now.
    Nice.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    yeah im dissapointed with universal. ordered yesterday morning stuff in stock that i need by end of week and they still havent shipped.

i ordered from pricepoint at the same time and my stuff was on a truck headed to me just a few hours after i ordered.

at least they cant be as slow as outside outfitters...lol
    The mountains are calling and I must go

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Ordered some hubs from them on thursday, and they just shipped today. Not the fastest in the world, but I did get free shipping, so no complaints.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    No problems here, I order from Portland branch; I live on the Olympic Peninsula 2hrs North of seattle and i get my packages 2nd day or so

mtbr member
    I ordered a tire the other week using the pick a product shipping and received it in like 3 days.

-Brett

West Chester, PA
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by yannana View Post
    what do you like to do when going downhill?
    Hit spammers in the head with a golf club.

Evan55 - Give them a call. They will do something for you if the site said your stuff was in stock.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by 92gli View Post
    I already spend too much but I'd be broke in a week if I lived near universal or bike bling. I wouldn't even know what to do with myself seeing that much cool crap in one place. Luckily the shops near me are too cheap to stock anything. Can't even walk in and get valves for stans rims, its rediculous.
    Just cut your own off some presta tubes. A lot cheaper and easier to find. I've sure they sell presta tubes.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by 92gli View Post
    Hit spammers in the head with a golf club.

Evan55 - Give them a call. They will do something for you if the site said your stuff was in stock.
    my stuff shipped this morning, monday to wednesday isnt terribly slow, its just slower than universal used to be, and Im a little bummed I wont get my stuff before the weekend when I have free time to wrench
    The mountains are calling and I must go