mtbr member
    Jul 2007

troubles with icyclesusa.com?

bad news so far...
    purchased a box of various stuff- arrived with 5 pieces of wadded up newspaper and everything banging against each other. Floor pump top cap busted in a way that could not happen from shipping,i.e., they shipped a broken pump; 2 hydraulic brakes showing fluid all over the bags-useless.
    Emailed for a claim (all email responses ridiculously slow) and was told that it was the shippers fault due to air pressure differentials on the plane. Right.....

*****ed loudly enough that they told me to send a picture as email attachment- the retards don't know how to open an attachment so more email delays....
    Told to ship it back INSURED and they would issue a refund upon receipt- more money out of my pocket. This sounded like a scam to me so I sent it USPS priority (just as it was shipped) but insured this time and notified the Postal Inspector about a possible fraudulent claim ( I kept the pre-shipment pics....)

Two weeks later (and two unanswered emails...) nothing; no response, no credit, nothing.

I PROMISE that I will return to this thread to give credit where its due if they come through on this but for the moment this is purely a slam. These guys are bad news.

By way of reference, I have made purchases from every major vendor advertised in MBA and many purchases through MTBR, ebay, craigslist, etc.with 100% ebay rating on over 200 transactions; I'll even sign in case you want to verify this;

Scott Martin; scottmartin49@ mtbr

Jedi in training.
    Oct 2009
    sucks to hear.

I made the mistake of purchasing from these guys on ebay....luckily, it was just an FSA stem for $20. They missed their claimed handling time on ebay, I missed my ride, and after 7 days I hadn't even received a tracking notice...on day 8, I sent a very strongly worded email threatening with an eBay claim, a paypal claim, and a letter to the BBB. Wouldn't you freakin' know it, 2 hours later I received an automatic email saying "Good news, your item has been shipped!". No personal response was ever sent back to me...after that, my item arrived in good shape (still factory sealed, luckily).

moral of the story: I should've gone with my gut...after seeing their horrendous ebay feedback record, and googling their name and seeing nothing but a plethora of bad reviews, I should've stayed far far away.

Go with a trusted company. There are plenty of them out there!

Best of luck resolving your issue.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Yeah there have been multiple threads about IcycleUSA with horrible stories and even a guy from IcycleUSA defending his position, just search forum "icycle" and see for yourself.

Sorry what happen to you, I would be pissed too!

Some people report no issues but it's not worth it to me.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    I've bought a few items from IcycleUSA in the last few months & the only thing I can really complain about is the terrible job they did in packing two rims that I bought from them. Rims were basically rubbing against each other when I received them resulting in wear on the rim walls. UST rims so I wasn't very happy. But I'd already read about the company on this site & thought it pointless to bother even trying to do anything with the company. Now, if I order anything from them it's either very cheap &/or there isn't much risk of it being damaged.

Good luck to the OP.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007

ahhh, sweet revenge.

Now it gets fun . Ebay feedbacks, paypal claims, usps investigations; I am gonna' do everything possible to screw these guys to the wall. Feel free to join in if you are so inclined! Help rid the internet of second rate scammers hiding behind seemingly stable websites!

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Imagine my surprise!!!!

After enough threats ,and a link to this thread, the (insert your favorite adjective here) at icycles decided to respond!

More to come.....

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    It's funny, before they went out of business, icyces was a pretty solid set of folks. I made a lot of orders, got a lot of good stuff. Then they closed up shop--and supposedly there was some behind-the-scenes drama with that--somewhat unexpectedly. I was kind of bummed they were gone for good, but accepted it happens. Then, again out of the blue, they reappear, but all I've seen since then is terrible reviews. I'd love to know the story behind all of this.

Rollin 29s
    I last used them 10+ years ago for several road bike parts orders and had great luck with them. Too bad they seem to have gone downhill.

I would have bought pedals, seatpost, cranks and wheels for my 29er from them had I not seen all of the horrendous stories on MTBR.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007

fair is fair...

...they weasled out of at least some of it. ICYCLES I was credited for the cost of the parts ICYCLES REVIEW and the cash I had to lay out to send it back, ICYCLES but they wouldn't credit me the cost of having shipped defective parts in the first place. Evidently, when you purchase ICYCLES REVIEWS things from icycles you the buyer are responsible for their willingness to ship defective goods. ICYCLESUSA CROOKS

Oh! And evidently the ICYCLES whole thing is my fault for being "too impatient", and "wasting their time". It IS really funny how fast the ICYCLES REVIEW refund came once I held their feet to the fire though. REVIEWS

I have learned my lesson. Next time, before I make a purchase I will google ICYCLES ICYCLESUSA ICYCLES REVIEW ICYCLES REVIEWS and their wonderfully efficient seach algorithms will find LOTS of information.

Peace, out.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    hey thanks man, I was just going to buy a thomson post from them

I'll pass on it, thanks for the info

29 some of the time...
    Why didn't you just file a CC claim and let Icycles duke it out with the CC company?
    Quote Originally Posted by saturnine
    that's the stupidest idea this side of pinkbike.