Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 35
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3

    Tree Fort Bikes Blows!!!!

    I never ***** about anything ever...I promise. I did a google for a Knog 9 function NERD computer and they came up, never had heard of them, but they boast the MTBR fav logo on their page so I figured they we legit. Placed my order on Wednesday 09/09 and got notification that the item shipped today 09/15. WTF is all I can say, if you are gonna make it online as a retailer 5 days ship time is unacceptabe! Total time to my door will be over 11 days, and I paid the shipping costs to practicaly overnight the damn thing. If an item is out of stock then let the buyer know, and give them some options.

    Makes me appreciate the whole backcountry franchise so much more, I have never seen an order not filled and shipped in less then 24 hours.....

    Now I know it says on your website that it can take up to 3 days to ship an order, but I was assuming that was worse case scenario.

    Just say'n this is my one and only order. from me you get a heart felt Booooo.

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    59
    A lot of online retailers don't work over the weekends. Also, what time did you place your order?

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,621
    From my experience, Tree Fort usually takes 3 business days to ship so I never pay for quick shipping.

    They often have very good prices that make it worth the longer wait. Just don't order that part that you have to have right away.

  4. #4
    Masher
    Reputation: MisterC's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,424
    Yeah, I've had good experiences with them but everyone makes mistakes. Rarely do I order something online that I need immediately and if I do, not without talking to someone first and making sure they can get it out that day.

    Can't fault you, really. Assuming your post is factual of course. If the first time I did business with them it took 5 days to ship, I probably wouldn't go back either but I have a pretty constant flow of bike stuff packages to my door. Hard to keep track of who is taking longer than who.

  5. #5
    offroader
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,138
    depends on what part of the country you live in. Stuff on the east coast takes half the time to get shipped to me. If I'm ordering from California however it could take up to 2 weeks.

  6. #6
    Masher
    Reputation: MisterC's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,424
    I'm in MD, I've never had anything shipped from CA on a Monday that didn't make it by Friday. From any retailer.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kinglud1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    33
    ive ordered a few things from there, and although shipping wasnt the fastest, it wasnt slow either(about 7 days from Mich. to Cali.), and they have good prices and are polite if you call them.
    "a well ridden rock, gathers no moss"

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: boomn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    9,647
    Quote Originally Posted by Doodie
    I never ***** about anything ever...I promise. I did a google for a Knog 9 function NERD computer and they came up, never had heard of them, but they boast the MTBR fav logo on their page so I figured they we legit. Placed my order on Wednesday 09/09 and got notification that the item shipped today 09/15. WTF is all I can say, if you are gonna make it online as a retailer 5 days ship time is unacceptabe! Total time to my door will be over 11 days, and I paid the shipping costs to practicaly overnight the damn thing. If an item is out of stock then let the buyer know, and give them some options.

    Makes me appreciate the whole backcountry franchise so much more, I have never seen an order not filled and shipped in less then 24 hours.....

    Now I know it says on your website that it can take up to 3 days to ship an order, but I was assuming that was worse case scenario.

    Just say'n this is my one and only order. from me you get a heart felt Booooo.
    Most online stores can't stock everything, especially the smaller guys like Tree Fort. Instead they order from the distributor's warehouse then ship it out to you. One of the best stores out there in my opinion (Universal) does this too for many products, and they aren't that small either. It does not make them a bad business in any way, you just have to remember as a customer to use them for orders that are ok to ship a little slower.

    Backcountry/Hucknroll does not maintain a large catalog of current products, just select products that they think they can move; that's one reason why they are able to ship everything quickly.

  9. #9
    offroader
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,138
    I'm about to place an order from them. Gotta love the free shipping policy.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    252
    I have had awesome service from Tree Fort BIkes. I think it was more user error when it comes to the op in this situation. He should have called if there was any doubt as to when he would receive his order.

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by gmcttr
    From my experience, Tree Fort usually takes 3 business days to ship so I never pay for quick shipping.

    They often have very good prices that make it worth the longer wait. Just don't order that part that you have to have right away.
    my thoughts exactly.. if i need something fast i never order from tree.. but if i can wait and want the best deal its usually tree for me.

  12. #12
    tl1
    tl1 is offline
    Bicyclist
    Reputation: tl1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,840

    Whaaaaah!

    What a whiner. Tree Fort is small local shop in SE MI that enjoys a very good rep. They're not overflowing with 24 hr. all weekend help. If it's time critical next time maybe call to confirm stock and shipping times. They were probably drop shipping the item from QBP anyway just like AE bike and hundreds of other small shops do with their online operations.You probably should shop at a place like Backcountry.com
    Last edited by tl1; 09-16-2009 at 07:16 PM.

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: scoutcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,989
    i've found them slow too. hard to argue with the speed of chainreactioncycles or the service of competitivecyclist.

    however, treefort does have great prices.

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Guppie58's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,443
    Tree Fort does a lot with our local trails here in Michigan. I've purchased a number of times there, but I will agree the shipping time isn't the greatest. I've waited up to 10 days and I live 3 hours from their store.

    If I'm not time sensitive, I'll order from there.

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3
    Ok. Ok.. I have been humbled somewhat....but the fact that the site shows if items are in stock I thought that would have meant exactly that....in stock. I understand how a small online business operates, been in the biz myself. I just didnt think I needed to follow up to make sure that the site was correct when they say "stock looks good". I will just chalk this up to experience and stick with retailers I know and love.

  16. #16
    Lets RIDE!
    Reputation: Jim Z in VT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,548
    I've ordered from them twice....took about a week to reach my doorstep here in Vermont. I'd call that fast enough. But hell, I grew up in the days of mail order, where you filled out an order form, stuck it in an envelope and put it in the mailbox. At the bottom of most order forms was the line: "allow 4 - 6 weeks for delivery".

    That's how I bought my first mountain bike actually, from Nashbar in the early 80's. It took a month. It was a life-changing experience

    JZ
    It's not about speed, it's about lack of control.

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Stumpy_Steve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,343
    Am I right to assume that you did nothing to follow up your order until they pro-actively sent you an email stating it was shipped? Not trying to be a dick here, but whenever I order something online, I always get a tracking number immediately and a shipped email. If I don't, I pro-actively follow up, not wait for a week angry and part-less until they contact me. I'm just crazy about knowing where the package is asap, ect...

  18. #18
    550
    550 is offline
    newble
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    243
    Yeah, I had no problem with TFB. Just ordered from them a couple weeks ago.

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    132
    Have always loved Tree Fort.

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    16
    I've ordered mainly for their low prices. I like their "package has been sent" confirmation so at least I know the package is on its way. Typically your larger companies carry high volumes of items that can be shipped within a day or so. If you don't mind a few extra days then TFB is good and reliable otherwise stick to your Walmart style mailorder companies. Live and learn.

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Stumpy_Steve
    Am I right to assume that you did nothing to follow up your order until they pro-actively sent you an email stating it was shipped? Not trying to be a dick here, but whenever I order something online, I always get a tracking number immediately and a shipped email. If I don't, I pro-actively follow up, not wait for a week angry and part-less until they contact me. I'm just crazy about knowing where the package is asap, ect...

    Yeah I sent an email through their contact us process, after nothing happend in the three days and one when it shipped, never heard a peep.

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation: sanjuro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,975
    I learned my lesson from an Amazon reseller. Two day overnight, shipped 3 days after I bought it.

    And that's Amazon!

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation: honkonbobo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    290
    Quote Originally Posted by yeti575fanboy
    Have always loved Tree Fort.


    +1. Good prices and good service.

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    187
    Tree fort Rocks! If you want a deal, you have to wait a little. Otherwise go buy it locally.

  25. #25
    offroader
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,138
    +1 Tree Fort low prices good return policy.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •