mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    I bit and bought the carbon flatbar for less than $30

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Yeah, I was eyeing those too.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    It looks like "carbon" is the color, nice scam.

mtbr member
    Probably carbon wrapped aluminum, hence the conflicting descriptions. They get great reviews: Titec Pluto Carbon Riser Handlebar Reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by SS Hack View Post
    It looks like "carbon" is the color, nice scam.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Just received my flat tracker carbon bar. Looks killer. 700mm 164g. By the looks of it it's 100% carbon but I suppose there could be some aluminum reinforcements in there somewhere. Top notch finish and graphics. $150 bar for $39 & a free krog light to boot. Pretty sweet deal.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Flashtastic View Post
    Just received my flat tracker carbon bar. Looks killer. 700mm 164g. By the looks of it it's 100% carbon but I suppose there could be some aluminum reinforcements in there somewhere. Top notch finish and graphics. $150 bar for $39 & a free krog light to boot. Pretty sweet deal.
    You're gonna use some carbon assembly paste to fasten stuff to it and tighten it down,right?
    roccowt.
    rocnbikemeld

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    I wish they had a wider version as my 720 is starting to feel a little narrow for some unexplained reason.

mtbr member
    Pretty awesome sale. Picked up a backup post (damned Reverb in for warranty again), some Oury replacement lock-ons, and the free tail light for $30 shipped.

Poacher
    Sep 2010
    Great bargains, Thanks. I have used same El Norte Stem on 3 bikes. Bulletproof if you use 50mm. It has held up, while some people I ride with have broken (cracked) other brands on the type of riding we do.

mtbr member
    This is a great tip, i picked up a few deals, thanks. I guess Titec went under; Tomac as well. Things are looking tuff in the bike biz.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    I ordered the carbon flat tracker as well. There was a little confusion with the shipping. I was quoted a lower price than I was charged, but one email to Bikewagon and they immediately refunded the difference. So kudos to Bikewagon for an awesome deal and great service!

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Thanks OP. Damn good deals here.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    lame, I got a 65mm stem and 700mm handlebars at pricepoint last week, would've bought from here if I had known about it.

mtbr member
    Thanks again. My cf bar, seat post and grips all showed up today. Not bad for 52 and change.

dwt
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flashtastic View Post
    Just ordered the same bar. If it has alloy reinforcement all the better AFAIC. Perhaps stronger than all carbon and still 164g. I've broken 2 all carbon bars in the past 5 years, and would love to avoid a repeat. Anything can break and fail, but this sounds burly.
    Old enough to know better. And old enough not to care. Best age to be.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Just received the Pluto Carbon Riser bar and it looks gorgeous. Sure looks like carbon and 184g on my scale. Also, the all carbon bottle cages ($15 each from Bikewagon.com) look great, too and can't wait to install them on my road bike.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    The prices are a lot lower before you click on them to bring up the full description (at least they are now).

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by s0ckeyeus View Post
    The prices are a lot lower before you click on them to bring up the full description (at least they are now).
    Wassup widdat? I hope they still got the cheap stuff when I get ready to buy.
    roccowt.
    rocnbikemeld

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by zarr View Post
    Wassup widdat? I hope they still got the cheap stuff when I get ready to buy.
    I almost bought a handlebar, but didn't when it was twice the price in my cart. Oh well. I didn't really NEED it anyway.

Edit: I guess I caught the site in the midst of a price change (either that or it was a glitch). I contacted the live chat folks about the prices and while I was communicating with them, and the prices changed.
    Last edited by s0ckeyeus; 01-29-2013 at 11:47 AM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by s0ckeyeus View Post
    I almost bought a handlebar, but didn't when it was twice the price in my cart. Oh well. I didn't really NEED it anyway.

Edit: I guess I caught the site in the midst of a price change (either that or it was a glitch). I contacted the live chat folks about the prices and while I was communicating with them, and the prices changed.
    Well...I gots ta say I didn't REALLY NEED anything either myself........but I might of liked to have another jive toy anyway.
    roccowt.
    rocnbikemeld

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Damn, price doubled on most items...

mtbr member
    Yup. I missed out. You snooze you lose. Dang!

mtbr member
    Nov 2010

Titec on sale at bikewagon.com

I got my 2 carbon bars today. Thanks for posting!

tl1
    Bicyclist
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardtayl View Post
    Just received the Pluto Carbon Riser bar and it looks gorgeous. Sure looks like carbon and 184g on my scale. Also, the all carbon bottle cages ($15 each from Bikewagon.com) look great, too and can't wait to install them on my road bike.
    Ditto for the Pluto carbon/aluminum stem bought there, it's beautiful. In 90 mm x 25.4mm x 6 degree it weighs a feathery 128 grams.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast