Thread: Titec H-Bar?

Baby Bear is in the house

Titec H-Bar?

Anyone know where the best deal for a Titec H-Bar is?

'appreciate any inputs.

TIA
    Better to have and not need it, than to need it and not have it.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by r1Gel
    Anyone know where the best deal for a Titec H-Bar is?
    Don't know if they're the best deals, but I see that Jenson and Tree Fort has 'em available for a tad under $60.

Let me know if you find a better price...

Basura Blanca
    Jan 2004
    Nashbar also has them for $60, but maybe you could find a 15% of coupon. I think the cover of their most recent mailer had a code.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinB
    Don't know if they're the best deals, but I see that Jenson and Tree Fort has 'em available for a tad under $60.

Let me know if you find a better price...
    Ye, my initial search shows that Jenson and Speedgoat have both got them at under $60, with Jenson winning out on better shipping cost (I'm in the Philippines). I'm not familiar with Tree Fort; will be sure to check it out.

Thanks mate.

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by NuMexJoe
    Nashbar also has them for $60, but maybe you could find a 15% of coupon. I think the cover of their most recent mailer had a code.
    I must've missed Nashbar. Thanks.

I tried looking just now, but keep getting a network error. Weird. I can access all other sites, but not Nashbar

'will try again later.

cheers

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    I tried looking just now, but keep getting a network error. Weird. I can access all other sites, but not Nashbar
    This might be a good thing. Keep in mind that Nashbar was associated with a spate of recent credit card fraud. My understanding is that they were not proactive with informing customers after being made aware of the problem. I won't be ordering from them very soon again...

This might be a good thing. Keep in mind that Nashbar was associated with a spate of recent credit card fraud. My understanding is that they were not proactive with informing customers after being made aware of the problem. I won't be ordering from them very soon again...

Oh great... I placed my order with Nashbar BEFORE I read your reply

Anyone have suggestions as to how to salvage the situation? Can I recall my order from them?

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Just remembered....

Titec makes another H-Bar variant called the J-Bar. They're like the Titec H-Bar, but have a larger diameter (31.8mm) clamp area. The crossbar is flat on the J-Bar, whereas the H-Bar has a bit of forward sweep. I have an H-Bar and do not really like that forward sweep. I think I would prefer the J-Bar better, but it was not available when I purchased my H-Bars.

I see that BikeStop has the J-Bar for a bit less than $60 too.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Anyone have suggestions as to how to salvage the situation? Can I recall my order from them?
    Maybe. But I don't think there's any point in doing so. They have your card number now, and cancelling the order won't change that.

Watch your credit card statements carefully for the next several months to make sure that no strange charges show up on it. (Actually, you should be doing that anyway. Just be more vigilant than normal.)

Maybe. But I don't think there's any point in doing so. They have your card number now, and cancelling the order won't change that.

Watch your credit card statements carefully for the next several months to make sure that no strange charges show up on it. (Actually, you should be doing that anyway. Just be more vigilant than normal.)
    Ye, I figured that a few seconds after I clicked "submit." I guess I panicked and typed the reply too hastily.
    I don't use my credit card that much, so I'm sure to catch anything out of the ordinary, if ever.
    Thanks.

Just remembered....

Titec makes another H-Bar variant called the J-Bar. They're like the Titec H-Bar, but have a larger diameter (31.8mm) clamp area. The crossbar is flat on the J-Bar, whereas the H-Bar has a bit of forward sweep. I have an H-Bar and do not really like that forward sweep. I think I would prefer the J-Bar better, but it was not available when I purchased my H-Bars.

I see that BikeStop has the J-Bar for a bit less than $60 too.
    I know about the J-bar. I just didn't want to get a new (31.8) stem as I'm happy with my current one (25.4).
    Thanks anyway for the suggestion.

a little OT, but...

...how in the world can BikeNashbar continue to operate amidst all those complaints?

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    ...how in the world can BikeNashbar continue to operate amidst all those complaints?
    Performance Bike owns Nashbar. I just saw this article, Performance Bicycle Cuts Jobs, over at BRAIN. Hard to say if the CC fraud had anything to do with it, but it couldn't have helped.

Ah, here's another BRAIN article of interest, Performance on Nashbar Security Breach.

Performance Bike owns Nashbar. I just saw this article, Performance Bicycle Cuts Jobs, over at BRAIN. Hard to say if the CC fraud had anything to do with it, but it couldn't have helped.

Ah, here's another BRAIN article of interest, Performance on Nashbar Security Breach.
    Thanks for this.

That second article offers some measure of encouragement.