mtbr member

Time to replace my SIDI Dominators...

I've been riding the daylights out of them since 2001 (Talk about TOUGH, and VALUE), and while they still have life left, they are ready to be retired to the "back-up gear" drawer.

I'm deciding between Dominator 6's or the Dragons.

Anyone got good 411 on the best deals on them?

Thanks

RW

100% recycled
    2006 Dragons $180 size 47 only- Just bought a pair.
    Dominator 5 $188 lots of sizes
    http://www.totalcycling.com/index.ph...urrency&id=USD

Dominator 5 $184 lots of sizes
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/B...px?BrandID=126

Young, Shawn Young
    how do Sidis' run in size? I wear a size 10 normally and havent had a chance to try any of these.
    "Im just going to explore a little bit..."

Dont make me be the bad guy...

Do I need a pass to ride this trail?

100% recycled
    I dont know. I have sidi road shoes so I assume all their models will have the same sizing. Go to your local shop and try a pair on.

MTB B'dos
    They fit exactly as the downloadable PDF sizing chart says they do - or at least my Dom 5's do. In other words download the PDF, print it out, stick it together, put your foot on it for both length and width and that's what you order. If your asking how they feel- WONDERFUL, like you've had them for years straight out the box. Downside is the hard a$$ soles which don't provide much grip on rocks etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Redmon
    how do Sidis' run in size? I wear a size 10 normally and havent had a chance to try any of these.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by LyNx
    They fit exactly as the downloadable PDF sizing chart says they do - or at least my Dom 5's do. In other words download the PDF, print it out, stick it together, put your foot on it for both length and width and that's what you order. If your asking how they feel- WONDERFUL, like you've had them for years straight out the box. Downside is the hard a$$ soles which don't provide much grip on rocks etc.

Is there a link to this?

The only size thin i find on their website is for foot length

Thanks,

R

MTB B'dos
    Did you actually download it and open the file up to see what's there? Is it called the PDF Sizing Ruler by any chance? If so that's it - it doesn't actually have somewhere to measure the width, but it tells you what type Narrow, medium, wide you should chose depending on the width of your foot.

Quote Originally Posted by RSW42
    Is there a link to this?

The only size thin i find on their website is for foot length

Thanks,

R
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

Are you talking to me?

And then?

Quote Originally Posted by afie
    I dont know. I have sidi road shoes so I assume all their models will have the same sizing. Go to your local shop and try a pair on.

Are you suggesting trying on a pair at a shop, then ordering the correct size?
    gfy

100% recycled
    Quote Originally Posted by damion
    Are you suggesting trying on a pair at a shop, then ordering the correct size?
    I know its not the most nicest thing to do, but after you try them on ask your LBS if they will match the online price (including shipping). Ask your LBS how much money they are making on a $320 pair of Dragon2's if you can get them online for $50 less (or 2006 Dragons for $180).

Are you talking to me?

Do I know you?

Quote Originally Posted by afie
    I know its not the most nicest thing to do, but after you try them on ask your LBS if they will match the online price (including shipping). Ask your LBS how much money they are making on a $320 pair of Dragon2's if you can get them online for $50 less (or 2006 Dragons for $180).

Are you the guy that comes in to my shop, test rides multiple bikes, picks my brain for an hour, then orders online?

Tacky, VERY tacky.
    gfy

100% recycled
    Are you the guy that comes in to my shop, test rides multiple bikes, picks my brain for an hour, then orders online?

Tacky, VERY tacky.
    No. But are you the guy who's shop survives only because you charge people more than the internets value? You can raise your prices over an internet retailer's because you are offering several things: a physical store to return items to, access to items quickly, and information. What about the customers that come in and know more about what they are after than the guys you employ?

The only time I have ever used a LBS to try out gear or get information was to try on a pair of Sidis. I was impressed with the shops professionalism, knowledge, and service, and so now I travel very much out of my way to buy tyres, tubes, servicing from them.

NardoSS
    The 2007 models should be out within a month or so. The Genius 5 line will remain just about the same, but the 6.6 will have a full carbon bottom. Oh, the full carbon bottom is the only difference. All above the sole is the same yet the price is now $400-ish. Ouch. Worth it?

LOL. So don't mark up your prices so much. Of course people will buy on line if they can save 20-40%.