HowtoOverthrowtheSystem
    Jan 2004

Tents / Sleeping Bags

I went to REI today to check out the Big Agnes Emerald Mountain SL3. I was going to order it online for $400 - 15% off coupon which made it $340. The footprint would have been an additional $55. Free shipping to the store for $395 total.

Anyway, I did a search online and found the same tent at www.topsleepingbags.com which is a company in Boulder, CO. The tent was $246 and the footprint is $41 plus $40 to ship it to AK.

I e-mailed them to call me to verify they would ship to AK and I got a call back about an hour later (on Sunday) to confirm I wanted to order.

They have a lot of nice tents for pretty sweet prices, so if you are in the market check them out.

I'll post more once I receive it.

HowtoOverthrowtheSystem
    Jan 2004
    Everything arrrived today. 5 days to AK is pretty sweet. I highly recommend these folks. I was planning on going camping this weekend, but it's decided to snow in Anchorage again! The 3-5" estimate was a bit low from what has landed so far!

mtbr member
    Consider this tent. I have had mine for 4 years, and has been through some gnarly conditions. Not a single tear or leak. Compare it to the others on the market.... For under $250, it is a steal (other places are charging upwards to $500). http://domsoutdoor.com/product.asp?p...cd2=1209183118

Its got what plants crave
    I find REI to be pretty pricey. I only buy there when there's a coupon or something on closeout from their outlet.