mtbr member
    Jul 2005

Team Performance Points ??

After recently diving back into the cycling scene (mtb and road) I have accumulated a pile of Team Performance Points and they are burning a hole in my pocket, so to speak. What does everybody use them for? Do you save them up for something big or use them a little at a time?

Also, if I cash in my points do new points accumulate for that purchase? If yes, then for the entire value or just the portion I pay myself?

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    You can buy anything in the store and online with the points. Since each one is only $10, it can be a pain in the ass for the clerk to scan each coupon for a large dollar purchase but there's no reason why you couldn't buy a $1000 bike with 100 coupons.

Nope, if you used 100 coupons + $3 cash for a $1003 bike, you would get back 30 points.

No points for renewing your membership as well.

My biggest beef is that you can't get a record of how your points accumulate. Sometimes they issue coupons based on your amount and all that you see on their member's website is the remainder that didn't make up $10. I sometimes don't agree with their total that they calculated out.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    I've never stepped foot in one of their retail stores. All my purchases have been online so I don't get the $10 coupons.

I've built up two bikes recently and most of the parts came from Performance. Plus I purchased a lot of them during the double points promo period. Consequently I've got a tad under $200 worth of points that I don't know what to do with. I guess that's an ok problem to have but there isn't a single thing I need from them.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bckpack
    I've never stepped foot in one of their retail stores. All my purchases have been online so I don't get the $10 coupons.

I've built up two bikes recently and most of the parts came from Performance. Plus I purchased a lot of them during the double points promo period. Consequently I've got a tad under $200 worth of points that I don't know what to do with. I guess that's an ok problem to have but there isn't a single thing I need from them.

Save them, you will eventually need them for something. I am in the same boat as you. I have almost 150 points, thinking of buying some winter riding gear with mine.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    When you order on the web, there is a entry point to enter your $10 coupon/points serial numbers.

They coupons expire 2-3 months after your membership expires if you don't renew it, so use them up for tubes or something, don't let them go to waste!

It seems I'm always at 900 + points and another $10 buy at the store or on-line will get me another $10 coupon, so I always seem to find something to buy to get it and start the cycle again. I don't know why it works out that way but it does.

If you're like me, they have already sent a "renew your membership and get 500 points" to you, which cuts the membership cost to $15/yr which in my case, pays for itself every year.