mtbr member
    Aug 2006

Suunto X3HR heart rate monitor on SteepAndCheap

SteepAndCheap.com has the Suunto X3HR heart rate monitor for sale for $81.63. (RRP $169.)

Haven't any experience with this particular watch myself, but I use a Suunto T6 all the time, and have found it excellent. Suunto quality is outstanding, and I've found the HR monitoring to be more reliable than other HRM brands I've tried (Timex, Polar).

The X3HR includes an altimeter, which is a nice perk for mountain bikers!

For those of you not familiar with SteepAndCheap, they are not like a regular store. They carry just one item at a killer price and then switch when it's gone (or has not sold out by midnight mountain time). Can't figure out if this will get pulled at midnight: might not as they've only just listed it (around 8:45pm MT) and they've got loads (~750) of them. Still, I've not really figured out how the new 'bottomless' SteepAndCheap works, so I wouldn't hang around!

I just bought one for my wife...

XOX DOM

mtbr member
    Aug 2006

Gone

Well, it's gone. I guess they did switch it out at midnight.

Looking at the "quantity on hand" on BackcountryOutlet.com, it appears that they didn't sell very many of them! So this is almost certain to make another appearance on SaC sometime. If you're looking for an HRM with altimeter, keep your eyes open.

XOX DOM