mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Supergo in Denver - Question

A Supergo is about to open in Westminster (NW suburb of Denver). I've ordered from them before, and I was thinking of getting one of their Scattante road bikes for my son. Are the prices in the stores the same as on the web?

This is actually kind of a downer, since now I'll have to pay the 8% sales tax if I buy in the store, and I think even if I mail order I'll have to pay the 3% or 4% state sales tax, since they now have a store in Colorado.

I have noticed that they tend to jerk their prices on their house brand stuff as often as the wind changes. There is always an unrealistic 'MSRP' and then a sale price that changes pretty much weekly. The bike in question shows 'normal' price of $799, 'on sale' for $749, but the text description of the bike says it is $699, and the 'on sale' price last week was $649.

Jeez. Once the bike has been $649 once, I'm not likely to pay $749 for it, especially when the text description still says $699.

Card Carrying Member

No shipping covers your tax.

They opened yesterday, 88th and Wads.

I checked it out and yeah, some of their prices are a touch higher than web, but they have pretty good prices on complete bikes. Not to mention that it's right here, no waiting, instant gratification. That's worth the tax right there, not to mention no shipping charge.

If I plan on buying from them, I'll take a printout from their website for them to match. Performance does it, why shouldn't they since they're one and the same.

Supergo has never been my online retailer of choice, but it's another local quick fix option.

"Mr. Britannica"
    Quote Originally Posted by honkinunit
    This is actually kind of a downer, since now I'll have to pay the 8% sales tax if I buy in the store, and I think even if I mail order I'll have to pay the 3% or 4% state sales tax, since they now have a store in Colorado.
    Wouldn't matter. I may be wrong, but since Performance now owns Supergo (and Nashbar), and there are several Performance stores in CO, you would get dinged by state sales tax anyway. Not paying shipping and the convenience of getting stuff immediately ought to make up for it though.
    Last edited by roadiegonebad; 08-11-2004 at 03:30 PM.

MTBR Tool
    They will price match anyone's prices including their own. They have good inventory and fantastic sales - you'll be happy overall as long as you don't depend on them for service. I bought the Scattante 650 from them and it was screwed together well. My understanding is that this is the exception not the rule so check out all bolts before your 1st ride on whatever you end up buying.

The Scattante has been absolutely great so far - I'd wholeheartedly recommend it!

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

What would you have done?

OK. I went down to the new Supergo at lunch. (I work only 10 minutes away).

I looked around, and for the most part, it looked like their prices were a little higher than the web site.

I've been kind of half looking for a downhill bike. I went over and looked at the Iron Horse SGS models. I almost fell over when I saw an SGS World Cup marked at $1675. The tag clearly said SGS World Cup, and it went with the bike, and the bike was clearly a medium SGS World Cup. I rolled it up to the cash register, and asked if $1675 was really the price. The cashier called a guy over and he said he'd check. He called California with the numbers, came back and said yes, that was the correct price.

I decided I'd better ride it first, so I took it out in the lot for about 15 minutes. Way cool. I went back in, handed them my credit card, and told them to ring it up. The guy took it in the back to check it over while the cashier looked around for the owner's manuals. About five minutes later, the guy came out from the back and said California had just called, and the price was really $3200.

Crap. I asked them what would have happened if I had just bought the bike without the test ride, and was out the door before California called back. They said I would have had it at that point.

I knew I had an outrageous deal, but I also knew it was probably an error.

I think I would have felt kind of guilty had I actually gotten it for $1675.

The question for everyone is this: what would you have done?

Card Carrying Member
    Quote Originally Posted by honkinunit

The question for everyone is this: what would you have done?
    Guess I'm a dirtbag, cause I woulda cashed out, strapped that thing to my roof and headed north.

Didn't look at the prices of those, but I did sit on a Demo9 in there yesterday. Dangerous...