mtbr member

Stans ZTR Arch 29er wheelset

Where is the cheapest place to get these? I had found a site earlier this year that was a paypal only site very basic but they were the cheapest. Now I can't find it...

mtbr member
    Seems $470 is the lowest I see now but I am sure it was 450ish...

is turning a big gear
    Oct 2009
    $459 @ Performance

Stan's ZTR Arch 29er Disc Mountain Bike Wheelset - New Gear for 2011

You might be able to even add a coupon code. Enjoy!

human dehumidifier
    Quote Originally Posted by subspd View Post
    Where is the cheapest place to get these? I had found a site earlier this year that was a paypal only site very basic but they were the cheapest. Now I can't find it...
    I got mine at R2Technik: Stan's ARCH 29er, the site has changed since I bought. Free shipping, so factor that into the total price. Came taped, with valves and 3 2 oz bottles of goo.
    When you get older, much of your hate comes from knowledge and experience, which is why really old people hate everyone

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by estabro View Post
    $459 @ Performance
    Almost bought these from performance awhile back until I realized 130mm rear hub spacing.

I think 918xc has them arches at a decent price: $450. I don't have enough posts to link yet though

is turning a big gear
    Oct 2009
    That's weird. I bet that's a typo on Performance's website.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by guystevenl View Post
    Almost bought these from performance awhile back until I realized 130mm rear hub spacing.

I think 918xc has them arches at a decent price: $450. I don't have enough posts to link yet though
    130mm? That can't be right?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by wv_bob View Post
    I got mine at R2Technik: Stan's ARCH 29er, the site has changed since I bought. Free shipping, so factor that into the total price. Came taped, with valves and 3 2 oz bottles of goo.
    Thanks! That is the site I remember! Price is just a tad higher than I thought it was...

HTFU!
    The Stans Arch are 20% off $459 right now at Performance.com...that comes to ~$367. Doubt you will find a better deal than that (I just wish they had the white ones).
    Good Luck.

human dehumidifier
    Quote Originally Posted by subspd View Post
    Price is just a tad higher than I thought it was...
    That made me curious so I checked and about a year ago I paid $405 and shipping added another $15. About a 20% increase if I did the math right.
    When you get older, much of your hate comes from knowledge and experience, which is why really old people hate everyone

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by IMHO View Post
    The Stans Arch are 20% off $459 right now at Performance.com...that comes to ~$367. Doubt you will find a better deal than that (I just wish they had the white ones).
    Good Luck.
    Great headsup!

HTFU!
    Ah, after just checking the site again, it says 20% off any single "Full Priced" item. That brings the price to $407. Still, a good price...but sorry for the mistake.
    $367 would be nice, but as the saying goes, if it looks too good to be true...

mtbr member
    it was a good try

is turning a big gear
    Oct 2009
    $407 is still a sweet deal. If you are a "team member" you get your super duper rebate points.
    Get it unlocked.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Looks like they're sold out at the moment at Performance. Anyone have any experience with the Stans 3.30 hubs? Can't seem to find much info in the way of reviews on them.

psycho cyclo addict
    A friend of mine who is notoriously hard on equipment put over 3k miles on a set of 3.30 hubs (w/Crest's) this year and hasn't had any issues. Here's a bit of banter about them from other sources as well...

Thread ZTR Crests with Stans ZTR hubs | Mountain Bike Review Forums | BoardReader

West Chester, PA
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mikebike357 View Post
    Looks like they're sold out at the moment at Performance. Anyone have any experience with the Stans 3.30 hubs? Can't seem to find much info in the way of reviews on them.
    Given the discount, which is uncommon with these wheels, I'd still call them and place the order now. Stans falls behind on these wheels from time to time but they have always caught up quickly. I wouldn't be surprised if performance already has more in route.

As for the hubs -

I have 18 months on mine with no bad issues. Rear a nice buzz to it but its not annoying.

The freehub seal isn't the best so I'd recommend checking it out and cleaning/relubing it every so often (I've done mine twice so far, takes just a few minutes). There was a little grit in the pawl springs both times, so you don't want to let it go too long.

Also, the non drive side end cap may loosen on you if you take the wheel off the bike often. For my hub, it only needs to be about an 1/8th of a turn tighter than finger tight in order to have good spin with no play, but thats not tight enough for it to stay put for some reason. So I put a tiny bit of loctite on it and haven't had it come loose again.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    I picked up a set for $407 at my local Performance Shop. It will be a while before I try them out as I'm still waiting for my frame to arrive and to spec the rest of the parts.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I just picked up a set since i needed a new rear wheel. Still need to get tires on 'em but initial impressions are positive. Light, seem to be well built, rear 3.30 hub has a nice buzz. Set me back just under 5 bills for the set & a big jug of Stans including tax. Due to my mishap on Wednesday evening, I couldn't hold out till Performance filled the backorder but I feel I still got a decent deal on 'em, 1 day ordering turnaround and I supported my LBS.

I'll keep an eye on the seal & end cap... hopefully it's an isolated case but as you said, it's really no biggie.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    In my local PB we get 10% off the lowest marked price each Tuesday between 12 and 2pm. Maybe this will help someone.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    A guy on Denver Craigslist has some now for $250. I called on them today but they are 29" and I need 26".

ZTR Arch 29 Black, Black DTspokes with red nipples, and SRAM X7 hubs. - $250

He sent pics and they look brand new. Said he would ship and accepts paypal.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008

I just bought them.

Quote Originally Posted by TieOneOn View Post
    A guy on Denver Craigslist has some now for $250. I called on them today but they are 29" and I need 26".

ZTR Arch 29 Black, Black DTspokes with red nipples, and SRAM X7 hubs. - $250

He sent pics and they look brand new. Said he would ship and accepts paypal.
    Thanks for the heads-up!

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Wish they had been 26", but I'm glad it worked out for you. Sounded like a great deal.