Thread: Speedgoat??

mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Speedgoat??

Anyone have any experience with Speedgoat?

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbone2000
    Anyone have any experience with Speedgoat?
    For the last 10 years they have been one of the premier online mailorder sites.

mtbr member

speedgoat is great

I have found their service is the best though their prices are a bit worse then Jenson and Pricepoint

This is bat country.
    Speedgoat is a very reputable dealer. They are more expensive than other online stores, but they make up for it in their service. They have the best product listing IMO, where many online retailers lack in this department. Living in DC, every order I've had delivered has made it in the next day with UPS Ground.
    If the rig made the rider, I'd be pro...

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Thumbs up for Speedgoat.

They are easy to deal with. The order status feature on their site gives you an up-to-date latest on your purchase. Plus they are very knowledgeable with 29er parts.
    Inbred. Steel is Real.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    I had one of my first "custom" mountain bikes built up by them about 7 years ago. Now they are building my fifth bike up. You spec it, they build it and ship it to you for free. Their service and tech advice have been nothing but top-notch since my first contact with them.
    Quick story; I was out riding my new rig for the second time when I hit a tree and cracked my brake line connector just enough to cause a small leak when you applied the brake. I called Speedgoat and they overnighted the part to me so I wouldn't miss a race the next day. AWESOME!
    They know their stuff about all bikes and now they are the authority on 29er's, they started/designed Asylum 29er's. They also sponser ERNESTO MARENCHIN, who's that? He placed 2nd to Chris Eatough and the WORLD SOLO 24 HOUR CHAMPIONSHIPS last year in Whistler, BC.
    RIDE MF RIDE,
    Scotto

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Prices a wee high, but the BEST SERVICE and they answer your emails quickly. Nothing but good things to say about them.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomic300
    Prices a wee high, but the BEST SERVICE and they answer your emails quickly. Nothing but good things to say about them.
    When they first sold online their prices were considerably lower, but alas, times change. But they're still great.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

speedgoat -thumbs up!

Expensive for individual parts, but very cost effective if you plop down big bucks for a bike! Their commitment to your happiness and excellent service will eventually put all LBS's out of business.

cptjack

banned
    Prices way too high, although some friends with money to burn use them.

PVNEMBA vee pee
    Jan 2006
    Since I live in PA, if I need something quick, I'll get it from Speedgoat since I can get it next day with UPS ground. You get free shipping with $100+ orders which is nice. I do agree that their prices (for most things) have gone up over the years. Their customer service really is great though. Once, they shipped me only one rim even though I ordered two and they got one in the mail to me immediately - no questions asked.

- Chris

eet's a sledgehammer
    Oct 2005
    I love Speedgoat. In many cases it's true that their prices are a bit high, but I've had great success in getting prices matched (most items have a "Price-match this product" link on the right-hand side of the item page).

And if your order is over $100 it ships for free.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Thanks for the feedback.

Sounds like a great company. I'll definitely go ahead with my order.

Very reputable, great service and if you use the price match feature smartly they are no higher than other places. Check their closeouts section for good deals also.

the_slf
    Feb 2006
    Hey, guys. I have to agree, I've had nothing but great things to say about my dealings with them. The staff is super knowledgable and have been quick to respond to any inquiry
    or suggestion that I have made.
    I do have a question though. Where is the "Order Status Feature" that holycromoly mentions in the previous post located on Speed goats site? I've looked but have been unsuccessful in finding it. The reason I ask is I am waiting on the delivery of a custom built Blur XC and, as helpful as they have been, I hate to keep pestering them on how its progressing.
    Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by holycromoly
    Thumbs up for Speedgoat.

They are easy to deal with. The order status feature on their site gives you an up-to-date latest on your purchase. Plus they are very knowledgeable with 29er parts.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Speedgoat will definitley treat you right. I've bought 5 bikes from
    Speedgoat and would never consider getting a bike anywhere
    else.

Members who have read this thread: 0