Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

Specialized S-Works Helmet

Retail $200 on sale for $70. Dont know much about this helmet, but my Decibel has been great. The profit 2 system was nice till my buckle broke, but the helmet had served its time. hopefully the s-works will be as nice.

as of now they have small, med, and large in all 3 colors. there are some other decent looking helmets for like $20-30, but sizes were limited.

I am getting a 20% crash replacement voucher, but I wonder if the shop is gonna balk on that with a closeout helmet???

Specialized Bicycle Components : S-WORKS MT Helmet

human dehumidifier
    Just what I needed to get free shipping with a pair of shoes which were on clearance too.
    When you get older, much of your hate comes from knowledge and experience, which is why really old people hate everyone

West Chester, PA
    Sep 2006
    I tried that helmet on last year and it felt great. My local shop was going to sell me one for 175. Ended up getting a bell volt on ebay for $115. Like the volt but, dammit !

West Chester, PA
    Sep 2006
    Wow, they have some great deals on shoes too.

mtbr member
    My Giro is so crusty and old that I was actually looking for a new helmet. 88 bucks shipped? Thank you. All reviews love this helmet.

human dehumidifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 92gli View Post
    Wow, they have some great deals on shoes too.
    Look close, not all sizes are available. I got Comp shoes for the price of Sports though, so still a good deal.
    When you get older, much of your hate comes from knowledge and experience, which is why really old people hate everyone

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    What size is MD ?

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by basa View Post
    What size is MD ?
    Hit the head a few times without a helmet?

How about MeDium for a guess?

human dehumidifier
    In case that explanation wasn't what you wanted ... look around on the page some and you'll see a sizing chart that shows size in inches for all their helmets.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Just ordered one. Only difference spec wise between this helmet and the S3 MT appears to be the retention system and colors.

human dehumidifier
    Just received mine. Always wondered what the difference between a $200 helmet and a $50 one is, and maybe I'll be able to tell what that difference is once I put this S-works helmet next to my old cheap Trek. It's gotta be the weight, other than that there's not much that's obvious. Anyway a good deal at the sale price and quick shipping too.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by wv_bob View Post
    Just received mine. Always wondered what the difference between a $200 helmet and a $50 one is, and maybe I'll be able to tell what that difference is once I put this S-works helmet next to my old cheap Trek. It's gotta be the weight, other than that there's not much that's obvious. Anyway a good deal at the sale price and quick shipping too.
    The main difference in ventilation.

I have this helmet and paid $130 on closeout at my LBS. I thought I got a great deal. I may pick up another I like it so much. You never know when you are going to go down and crack the helmet.
    Lead by my Lefty............... right down the trail, no brakes.

mtbr member
    Picked a helmet up last night. I have been looking for a replacement for a while. There are other great deals to be had as well. Picked up an couple pairs of the gloves my wife likes for $6 each, normally ~$25. Wanted to pick up a pair of shoes but couldn't find a great deal in my size. Anyway, thanks for posting this.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ziscwg View Post
    The main difference in ventilation.

I have this helmet and paid $130 on closeout at my LBS. I thought I got a great deal. I may pick up another I like it so much. You never know when you are going to go down and crack the helmet.

Even though I have one of these helmets already, I got a back up. One red, one grey now. You never know when you are going to bust a helmet. Or, do people plan when they head butt the ground at 20 mph?

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    What a great deal on the helmet! Too bad I just got a helmet a few weeks ago. I did end up getting a new saddle. Tried to get some gloves and shoes but were out of my size.

Do they do this kind of sale once-a-year or is this an on-going type thing?

mtbr member

Huge Thanks ....

Many thanks ...

Picked up a pair of Trail 120 SL shoes for close to 1/3 the original cost

Arrived today ... look awesome!!!
    You cannot go against nature, because when you do, its part of nature too.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    they have size MD and M, MD is not listed in the size chart :/

human dehumidifier
    Quote Originally Posted by basa View Post
    they have size MD and M, MD is not listed in the size chart :/
    Weird. I just checked, I ordered a size M.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by wv_bob View Post
    Weird. I just checked, I ordered a size M.
    Medium and Large are out in the red and blue.

The grey still has all sizes available.

mtbr member
    You can probably get another size or color and exchange it at your LBS if you're friendly with them. The manager where I bought my bike let me do that with some gloves I ordered once. Just don't molest any packaging when you get it. You might see if they have one before pulling the trigger as well.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Man, I really want to order one of these. I have tried them on before in the past and they fit like a glove but I dont remember what size I looked at. I am working nights and the closest S-works dealer is pretty far from my house so I can't go and try them on anytime soon. If I have a 23" head circumference should I go with the medium or large? The medium is for heads 21 1/4 - 23 1/2 and the large is for 22 1/2 - 24 1/4. It looks like there is a 30 day return policy if it doesnt fit.
    Killing it with close inspection.

mtbr member
    My head is 23" as well and I preferred the large. The medium was too small for my liking though I could wear it. Of note is that I am bald.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Ordered mine...picked 3 day option (lowest priced option) and it arrived the very next day at my local Fed-ex. Went and picked it up, I have ridden with it once in semi-cool weather so I can really vouche too much for it ventilation. But it is lite, and looks great.

mtbr member
    oh btw, i ordered one and a saddle through my local specialized dealer. They didnt charge shipping, but charged sales tax. got it bout a day after a buddy that ordered his same day.....but i think this was because of schedule when their truck comes from spec each week.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    I ended up buying two medium helmets and a pair of Comp MTB shoes. Great deal! Thanks for posting this. Repped!
    Killing it with close inspection.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast