Its got what plants crave

Specialized Deviant

I realize that Spec doesn't allow internet sales, but is there a good place to get them online somewhere, or maybe a local MTBR vendor that sells them?

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Live near a Scheels?

www.sheelssports.com

I have gotten a couple of killer closeout deals on a Tarmac Elite and a FSR XC there.

Like... 40% off kind of deals.

You sure that's the right link? I've never heard of sheels and that website you listed I don't think is the right one, it's some search portal, lol

Related Searches: Ice Fishing | Backpack | Hunting Boots Waterproof | Man Thongs | Snowboards | Football Equipment

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    I forgot the C.

www.scheelssports.com

Sorry...

Jay

mtbr member
    Specialized sells their equipment directly from their website.

http://www.specialized.com/bc/SBCEqP...jsp?spid=33253

Can you order from there? Or were you looking for a lower price?

Spec controls their pricing right? So if I went to an LBS I'd pay basically the same price? I guess I was kinda hoping for a deal or something and figured that Spesh would charge MSRP if you bought right through their website. There is ONE local shop but they only have a bunch of helmets in the small size, and I need a medium.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim311
    Spec controls their pricing right? So if I went to an LBS I'd pay basically the same price? I guess I was kinda hoping for a deal or something and figured that Spesh would charge MSRP if you bought right through their website. There is ONE local shop but they only have a bunch of helmets in the small size, and I need a medium.
    I just got one here for $80:
    http://nscycles.com/itemdetails.cfm?...gId=39&id=2527

Let me know if you need me to help you get it "locally". Send me a PM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    They do control their prices but the markups are HUGE. Somestimes, I'll get a 50% off coupon from a store and that is the only time I buy Spec accessories. The markups on their bikes are ridiculous as well. Don't let them fool you. I now know two guys who own part of a Spec store (well, their largest brand is Spec though they carry others) and I have seen the invoices on a few bikes and on helmets and also on shoes. All I can say is that if anyone knows how to rip off a customer, it is Specialized. They do more than just double their costs at the dealers so be careful when buying at full retail.

That deal on the Deviant is not bad at all.