Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Sony HDRAS100V POV camera $150 at Amazon

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  bigflamingtaco 
#1 ·
Just ordered Sony HDRAS100V action camera from Aamazon. 50% off the original price for a nice action camera is a steal for me.:thumbsup:

#2 ·
I was just about to post this. :) I picked one up too. Sprung for the one with the wrist mounted view finder. They also list the Sony 40mb/s 64gb microSDXC in the same page as the deal so hopefully that's fast enough to record at XAVC-S 60p. I guess I'll find out since I got that too. I use this card to record XAVC-S 60p on my Sony a5100 and the video quality is stunning! :cool:

Also I just noticed they sell this same deal at B&H Photo For those who get hit with tax on amazon.

#7 ·
Nice Turbodog - That's a great price for the AZ1.

IF anyone is wondering, here's a great comparison between the two:

Just a follow up. Before the sale ended, I ended up purchasing one of each: one with the wrist mounted view-finder and one without since Amazon has such as kick ass return policy. It didn't take me very long to get frustrated with the wrist-mounted viewfinder and didn't find the value in it for the extra 70 bucks so I returned it and kept the one without.

As for the regular as100v, I love it! Your smart phone works great as a view finder and taking pictures & video remotely and the Sony memory that was discounted on "Lightning Sale" has no issues keeping up while recording XAVC-S 50mb/s despite it being only a 40mb/s memory card. :) The camera picks up sound better than any POV camera I've ever seen (usually a weak point of most POV camera) and the stabilization is actually effective! Low light recording isn't half bad either! The only real negative, I've found the fish eye distortion near the edge of the screen gets a little extreme and not as clean as GoPro 3 or 4s. But for the price, this was selling for, this was one of my better recent purchases. :cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.