mtbr member
    Sep 2008

So done with Bike Bling-

After a few issues in the past and now another today, I'm done.

I'm shopping for a 160 Pike for my 27.5" and a couple Hans Dampf's.

Anyone have any suggestions? I have absolutely no problem supporting another local shop in San Diego, but most others don't usually carry what I need.

Master of the Face Plant
    Feb 2004
    Sounds like you already know what you want so another shop should be able to order it for you. North of the Border is my favorite shop but you will need to call them to see if they can get what you want. I am curious though, what type of issues have you had with BB?

It can be a bit frustrating for those of us who do our own bike maintenance. Bike Bling is really the only local shop that has the parts we need in stock. I went into the Trek store trying to buy some derailleur pulleys and I was shocked to find that they don't keep them in stock.
    http://www.nbbikes.com/
    ^^^Best Bike Shop of MTBR 2008^^^

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I'm a big fan of NOTB as well. They're great, and I really enjoy the guys in the shop. My first thought was to drive to them. But after a wasted trip up to Escondido, I'm in no mood to drive around searching. I'll go there tomorrow.

Ultimately, it comes down to products being in stock. They put everything under the sun on their site, hoping to order it after you decide to buy it. If you drive up to get something you see on the site... You risk wasted time and energy.

mtbr member

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    I know this is a month old, but I have a suggestion. I often order stuff online from bike-bling and set it up for in-store pickup. They send me an email when it's ready, and I head over and pick it up. I live in Escondido, but I rarely bother heading over there without ordering online because the stuff is often hidden in the back or they need to get it sent over from a distributor. Also, I can enter my SDMBA discount code online and not have to worry about the guy at the register forgetting to do so.

It's pretty tough to beat their prices locally and they will often price match as well. They've cut cables/housings for me for free and will often give me small parts when needed. Anyway, I'm no shill, just thought I would suggest an alternative method that avoids the problems you've apparently been having.