mtbr member
    Nov 2005

Sidi Dominator 5: $99.99

Limited sizes and I think the sale price runs out very soon: Sidi Dominator 5 MTB Shoes - 48 Hours 48 Deals

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    good deal! not my size. thanks for posting
    12' Sir9 Rigid
    11' Jabber Rigid
    10 SJ SS rigid
    10' Swork SS 29er
    10' Tallboy
    08' RM Vertex SS

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Many Performance stores have 10% off on Tuesday between Noon and 2pm which could make someone a new D5 owner for relatively cheap. They will price match online prices for the 10% lunch special.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    wow. that's a great deal.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    $239 when added to the cart, guess that sale is over.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Is the sale over? Shows $239.99 for me.

FriendlyNeighborhoodMTBer
    Wow. Either that's great dynamic pricing or someone made a mistake.
    If you can't play, display.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    nice shoes, but they don't have my size.

offroader
    Dec 2008
    Deal is dead. They said it was a mistake.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Screw Performance. They are nothing but a hassle to deal with.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    damn... i knew i should have gone directly to the store.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Went in the local PB and they said the website was a mistake but they honored the few in-store customers who paid before the website was checked. I missed the deal, but did get a Louis Garneau X Lite helmet for $52.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    SIDI will beat them up for listing it at 99 bucks
    When CC did their Tour de France one deal per day, they put them at $159 and they got complain. 99 bucks has to be a price error
    Performance has one of the worst customer service (via phone and online at least) so I am not surprise their listing people can't list.

SIDI quality has dropped drastically over last couple of years tho.

Wanderer
    I have to agree. My very old sidis aged much better than the replacement ones I got for them. I will not be buying them again.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Toff View Post
    I have to agree. My very old sidis aged much better than the replacement ones I got for them. I will not be buying them again.
    I have a buddy who has a pair of Sidis from literally 13 years ago and they're still going strong. My new dragons, on the other hand, are shredded and have zero rubber left on the bottom. I'm literally walking on cleats. The 'leather' they use seems to be the same stuff they use for really nice driving gloves = awesome for comfort but totally retarded as a mountain biking shoe.
    =====
    bacon (is my dog)
    http://www.sbtec.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by alanchan View Post
    SIDI will beat them up for listing it at 99 bucks
    When CC did their Tour de France one deal per day, they put them at $159 and they got complain. 99 bucks has to be a price error
    Performance has one of the worst customer service (via phone and online at least) so I am not surprise their listing people can't list.

SIDI quality has dropped drastically over last couple of years tho.
    I picked up a pair of Dom5's from that Competetive Cyclist deal - because that was a great deal. 99 bucks is ridiculous.

I have to agree with you about the quality. I've been using Sidi's for several years now and I have noticed the diminishing quality. I started to think about it recently after picking up these new Doms that kinda suck... The lorica stuff feels different and seems less supple and durable, the buckles definitely do'nt feel as nice, nor do they work as well as they used to. I'll say, that there's not beenany show stoppers that I've noticed, but there are several little things.

I've felt a loyalty to Sidi for some reason but now I'm wondering why. Why am I spending so much money on these things and getting questionable quality and decreasing durability. Not to mention the fact that these urethane lugs are like ice on anything harder than mud. Being a SS rider, I'm off the bike enough that it makes a difference. Being a CX racer, it makes no sense at all.

This loyalty that I've felt for Sidi, is all but gone at this point. Next time around, I'm shopping for a different brand.