Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Wish I was sent a tracking number in my email. I just emailed them today requesting a tracking number. Haven't heard back from them.

steel is real...heavy
    Nov 2005
    My usps guy just left it at the front door, no sig
    South Central PA

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I got a reply from them that said because of the value of my order it was sent Royal Mail and there is no tracking number through them. Well, hopefully it gets here soon. I ordered the 1st and shipped the 2nd so will wait impatiently.

mtbr member
    Same here. Royal Mail shows it was "sorted" in NYC on April 4th and no activity since.

I've got a package from Merlin that shows it was "sorted" March 27th... And nothing after.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    As someone who deals with a lot of international shipping - both as a buyer and a seller - you guys need to relax a bit. Once these orders go out, its a total crapshoot as to how long it is going to take to get to you. Its also a total crapshoot if you will get charged customs fees or not (seems like I get charged 1 out of every 10 shipments). Customs agencies are the most unpredictable factor in both equations, the shipper can only control how long it takes to get the item shipped from their warehouse. Tracking numbers aren't really any help either as they are slow to update especially when you are going from one countries carrier to another. Bottom line, be happy for the deal you got, but worst case scenario, it might take 3 weeks and you might get charged 10% customs fees. If that isn't acceptable, you should buy from a US based dealer.

mtbr member
    that's good info to know, this is my first international order and I too was starting to get a little impatient.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    2013 Salsa Horsethief 3

mtbr member
    Like Olasher said, it can take a few days or a few weeks, patients is key. I placed two orders on the same day from Ribble, one order arrived on Friday which was only 4 days from when I placed my order, the other order shipped in a different box and has not arrived yet. I feel confident it will be here soon but case in point, 2 orders on the same day and will arrive on different dates.
    2013 SC Tallboy LTC
    2013 SC TRC
    2012 Jackal
    2014 Heckler

mtbr member
    Mine arrived today. Definitely not finned pads for the XT. No bleed block. No olives.

I places an order from Merlin 2-3 weeks ago and this Ribble order beat it.

mtbr member
    Mar 2014

Shimano deals at Ribble - SLX M675 cranks $99 shipped

Mine came with bleed block. No extra olives. Quick trip to lbs and all good now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I did get some sort if customs charge for like $2 the other day.

The Fastest of Bananas
    Im hoping for my order soon. Ordered last sunday, the 6th.

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by raven1911 View Post
    I did get some sort if customs charge for like $2 the other day.
    Are you sure it was customs? The CC will charge a foreign transaction fee that shows up separately on your statement.

Quote Originally Posted by FastBanana View Post
    Im hoping for my order soon. Ordered last sunday, the 6th.
    I made two orders. I cannot remember the dates, and can't find out since they never sent me a confirmation. But their site says they shipped on the 4th and the 8th. Both orders arrived together on Saturday (the 12th). Odd, but whatever works I guess.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    I had 2 packages too. Ordered on 4th, shipped on the 7th. No sign of them yet. Mine went Royal Mail. Shipping to Chicago. Impatiently waiting.

mtbr member
    I have an order from a UK site from March 23rd.
    Received a Royal Mail "Despatch confirmation" March 24th.
    USPS show's it did something in Long Island, NY on March 27th.

Still waiting...

If it hits one month, I'm assuming a loss and demanding a full refund. Luckily I'll have PayPal buyer protection.

I'm probably done with UK purchases

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by hokiebrett View Post
    I have an order from a UK site from March 23rd.
    Received a Royal Mail "Despatch confirmation" March 24th.
    USPS show's it did something in Long Island, NY on March 27th.

Still waiting...

If it hits one month, I'm assuming a loss and demanding a full refund. Luckily I'll have PayPal buyer protection.

I'm probably done with UK purchases
    I have two orders in one from Mar 31, shipped on Apr 4 and second that shipped on 10th.

Out on the west coast in Canuckistan. Fingers crossed, but the more I read the comments the more prepared I am to file a non received claim.

On a few orders from CRC in the past, purchase to receipt of goods was complete in under 3 weeks. Still hoping, but really wanting to get the new parts to bolt onto the new bike.

It's carbon dontcha know.
    Quote Originally Posted by 6thElement View Post
    No sign of my stuff yesterday when I got home, Ribble just echoed back to me that tracking said it was delivered
    I've got to give props to the Ribble customer service. They managed to track down what happened with my package and I collected it today.

USPS had marked it as delivered on the 5th, but it's been sat at a nearby post office (not my local one) since then.

Thumbs up for Ribble.
    Rolling on 29", 650b, 8.3" and 23mm

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Too funny, 15 minutes after I wrote the last post a got a package delivered to me. It was my first order Mar 31 order on Apr 4 shipping. So all in all 10 days shipping from the other side of the big pond across to the west coast. I guess I am just impatient with the new bike arriving and all.

Order was XT brakes. Look great except for the chrome plastic top. But then again, as long as they work. Function over form.

Now just to wait another week or so for the drive train bits.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by titusquasi View Post
    FYI. the XT shadow rear der did not require the extra mounting link as described on the website.
    So you received a "full" rear XT der that will mount to a normal hanger?
    Can anyone else confirm they also received an XT rear der w/ the B-link/mounting bolt assembly?

I suffered a tree-branch attack last weekend that destroyed my rear der. Been over a decade since the last time that happened, so I'm not complaining, but I'm now looking for a replacement. Ribble is cheapest if they link is included; if not, there are better alternatives.

mtbr member
    Received my second order today about a week after the first order arrived. Happy customer here.
    2013 SC Tallboy LTC
    2013 SC TRC
    2012 Jackal
    2014 Heckler

Deere Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by InertiaMan View Post
    So you received a "full" rear XT der that will mount to a normal hanger?
    Can anyone else confirm they also received an XT rear der w/ the B-link/mounting bolt assembly?

I suffered a tree-branch attack last weekend that destroyed my rear der. Been over a decade since the last time that happened, so I'm not complaining, but I'm now looking for a replacement. Ribble is cheapest if they link is included; if not, there are better alternatives.
    Yes. When I ordered there were two options for the XT Shadow+ rear der. This option sounded like it did not come with the standard mounting link. The option I ordered had a normal picture but a note at the bottom about ordering the standard mounting link separately. The rear der. I received was in fact the standard mount option with the extra link installed...no need to order the link separately.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by rideitall View Post
    Too funny, 15 minutes after I wrote the last post a got a package delivered to me. It was my first order Mar 31 order on Apr 4 shipping. So all in all 10 days shipping from the other side of the big pond across to the west coast. I guess I am just impatient with the new bike arriving and all.

Order was XT brakes. Look great except for the chrome plastic top. But then again, as long as they work. Function over form.

Now just to wait another week or so for the drive train bits.
    Update - still waiting on second order that has 3 x 10 Cranks, shifter set and XT cassette.

I as away from the office for a few days and was hoping it would have been sitting in the office waiting for me when I returned. But not yet.

Fingers crossed again.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by hokiebrett View Post
    Same here. Royal Mail shows it was "sorted" in NYC on April 4th and no activity since.

I've got a package from Merlin that shows it was "sorted" March 27th... And nothing after.
    Both of my packages finally arrived... The latter took almost 5 weeks.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Took about a week to California. Got SLX brakes. They came with IS adapter mounts and lines were reversed. I switched them. No big deal. No retail boxes for any of my stuff. Not sure if they were cutting down on shipping costs or these were Take off parts.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    I did not is adapters with mine lucky.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    My $100 SLX crank came through in about a week and a half or so. Was not a retail packaged part, appears to be a OEM part, it came in a plastic bag, with instructions and all parts - new condition, and a great deal, just thought I should point it out.
    29er = Hybrid Bike.

Priceless TGR comments on MTBR Rep system... http://goo.gl/5ayA2F Rep away!!!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast