Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Gouda Cheez View Post
    Are they moto style or regular US style?
    If they are moto style can't you just switch the cable housings to the opposite levers to return to US style? I am really tempted to order XT brakes with these prices.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by raven1911 View Post
    If they are moto style can't you just switch the cable housings to the opposite levers to return to US style? I am really tempted to order XT brakes with these prices.
    I don't know why everyone gets hung up on this. The Shimano housings are 1000mm and 1700mm long (front/rear respectively). I ride XXL bikes and I still need to shorten them by at least 100mm to avoid a massive wad of housing at the bars. Hence, I assume that nearly everyone will need to shorten the housings.

Which leads to my second point . . . when you shorten the hoses, if you didn't like the originally shipped configuration, just re-attach the hose to the opposite lever.

So the only case that should concern moto/normal is if you refuse to shorten your hoses. Or I suppose another case would be ordering two left (or two right) levers, which is conceivable with someone like ChainReaction that inventories every option. But in this case at Ribble, you're getting a pair of brakes, which guarantees one left and one right lever.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Thanks InertiaMan.

Well here goes nothing. Just bought SLX brakes and RT76 rotors for under $160! I just hope they ship and arrive! crossing my fingers!

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Mine shipped this morning. These are the cheapest prices you'll get including used. No brainer for me and I didn't really need them. Slx brakes for 120 is dirt cheap. The pads alone are 30 a pair. The hosing is about the same for the price of pads and housing you got a whole set of brakes... Wow. The xt cassette is super cheap too

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Deere Rider
    Question on the brakes: Do the SLX come with pads?

Both the XT and SLX pics have no pads installed...maybe it's just because they aren't the finned pads that I'm used to seeing. XT item description says "contains sintered pads", Deore says resin pads, but SLX description says nothing on pads. Surely they come with pads...which kind?

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    The SLX are shown in their photo with un-finned pads. So they must be either the G01S (resin on steel) or G01A (resin on aluminum) or G03S (metal/sintered on steel). My guess is G01S since those are the cheapest.

Oddly, the photo on the XT now shows unfinned pads also. I swear the stock photo two days ago was finned. Given the sintered notation, I assume these are the G03S pads in the XT.

At these prices, which pad they use doesn't really influence the value much. Although it might make someone lean toward XT versus SLX.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    I ordered a set of XT brakes. The picture shows finned pads and the notes indicate "The kit also contains sintered pads" doesn't say finned, but the price is still fantastic.

I ordered and forgot to add the code in. Emailed back to them and they refunded the difference. So far so good, just need to wait for the brakes to arrive. I am in Canada, so it will be interesting to see what charges I get hit with.

Thanks for the heads up on this site for the great deals.

Deere Rider
    Here goes. Just ordered over $500...brakes, cassettes, chains, rear der, shifters, and rotors. Ordered multiple cassettes and chains. Cheap prices for wear parts.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    I can imagine these guys scratching their heads wondering where this sudden influx of orders from across the pond are coming from! haha

P.S. I could swear they initially had a pic with finned pads for the XT as well.
    Last edited by n74740; 04-01-2014 at 07:22 PM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    ya the photo changed of the brakes. they were previously with finned pads... guess they made a mistake...

mtbr member
    Mar 2014

Shimano deals at Ribble - SLX M675 cranks $99 shipped

Xt breaks and shifters ordered! Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Jenson just matched these prices including the 10 off. SLX crankset show as $91.56 when part of an order over $100.
    They also adjusted the pricing on an order from two weeks ago. Brakes are regular.

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Very nice. Too bad jenson is local to me and they would charge me Kalifornia taxes.

mtbr member
    I just tried a price match with Jenson and it got turned down stating they can't price match with this particular retailer, oh well.
    2013 SC Tallboy LTc
    2011 SC Tallboy C
    2010 Jackal
    2012 Heckler

It's carbon dontcha know.
    Ordered yesterday, the charge shows as pending on my CC, but no confirmation email yet. I didn't register an account so can't check status, but do have the confirmation number from the order page :/
    Rolling on 29", 650b, 8.3" and 23mm

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    I got confirmation and also an email stating my order had shipped.

Did I do that?"
    May 2013

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead!

Are we going to be charged an import duty?

mtbr member
    Mar 2014

I have ordered from China, Taiwan, etc... and was never charged import fees. Packages just showed up at my door.

Just checked the tracking number for my order. Ribble shipped it Priority Mail Express International. Number pulls up on the USPS website.

In case you are unable to tell, I am excited.

steel is real...heavy
    Nov 2005
    Hey how did you get a tracking number?
    South Central PA

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    From their website. I logged on to my account and looked up my order. The tracking number is there. It is an USPS tracking number.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by 6thElement View Post
    Ordered yesterday, the charge shows as pending on my CC, but no confirmation email yet. I didn't register an account so can't check status, but do have the confirmation number from the order page :/
    Same here. I did not get an order confirmation either.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Fat Urkel View Post
    Are we going to be charged an import duty?
    Unlikely. Every order I've received from Ribble has been via USPS and has been free of duty. Among my 10+ international orders, the one occasion that I've been charged duty was an order from Wiggle (UK) that was shipped via DHL and had a vague "sporting goods" description associated with it.

This is for U.S. destination. If you're in Canada, YMMV.

mtbr member
    in for a crankset. nice deal.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 6thElement View Post
    I didn't register an account so can't check status
    I didn't register either. Got a shipment confirmation, but no tracking. Oh well, guess it'll get here when it gets here.

I've got a package coming from Merlin and that tracking info is horrible, at best. So its a waiting game.

mtbr member
    Mar 2014

Ribble automatically creates an account when you order. Log in with your email and password is your zip code. At least that worked for me. Under your account view your order. There is a number there. Can't remember what they call it. Copy and paste to the usps tracking site.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast