MTB Fanatic

Select Airbone bikes on sale with free shipping

Some great deals here. I'm really thinking about picking up a Sabre for my wife. She's been wanting to get on the trails with me and you can't beat that deal.

Airborne Bicycles - Airborne Interbike 2012 Sale

mtbr member
    At $249 there's almost no reason why anyone shouldn't be able to ride a bike. That's a great price and a perfect way to introduce people to mountain biking and biking in general. I bought my wife a $500 bike and although she hasn't used it much, the few times she biked with me made it worth the purchase.

KVW
    Law abiding citizen
    Very cool! Thanks for sharing! Sabre would make a great gift beginner's mountain bike for a kid or spouse or whoever might like to dabble in some recreational mountain biking once in a while. Sometimes it take just some like this to spark the flame in someone who didn't even know they'd love mountain biking simply because they've never tried it.
    "Single track is for pansies!
    I blast down a mountain once, and in my wake, lies a new single track for the rest of you."-sm

mtbr member
    I find it curious that the dirt-jump bike having no shifters and no derailleurs is $200 more than the Skyhawk that does have those things. Weird how bike pricing plays out sometimes. Good prices though. I'm not complaining.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Yeah those are great buys right now on the two low spec bikes you could throw an xc 28 or even go for a recon at around $200 and have a nice little beginner bike for around $500.

Airborne Product Dude
    Quote Originally Posted by JonathanGennick View Post
    I find it curious that the dirt-jump bike having no shifters and no derailleurs is $200 more than the Skyhawk that does have those things. Weird how bike pricing plays out sometimes. Good prices though. I'm not complaining.
    Yeah, you would think that on initial glance but if you dig into it deeper it makes sense.

The FUNN cockpit stuff is expensive (bars/stem/post/seat/lock-ons), while the 48-splined cro-mo cranks also cost more than the Skyhawk cranks. Then we have considerable more cost in the frame due to the larger hydro-formed tubing and the custom-designed drop-outs. There are a few other things that cost a little more on the bike but those are the large-ticket items that really move the needle.
    Airborne Dude.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Old Goblin 29er is $1050, shipped. Excellent deal.

mtbr member
    nice deals! no reason not to ride!

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Barheet View Post
    Some great deals here. I'm really thinking about picking up a Sabre for my wife. She's been wanting to get on the trails with me and you can't beat that deal.

Airborne Bicycles - Airborne Interbike 2012 Sale
    Good deal idd, but their shipping costs to outside US ain't cheap. Enjoy the deal USers

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Wow, those are some good deals on starter bikes.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    great deal, i purchased the sabre for $268, i was charged tax for being california resident. took 1 day for processing and 2 days for delivery