mtbr member
    Aug 2008

Santa Cruz TBLT Aluminium

Hi
    Looking for a deal on a SantaCruz Tallboy LT aluminium frame in a medium (gunmetal/black). I have seen the deal on competitive cyclist but am wondering if there are better deals out there.
    Thanks
    Last edited by ronyc; 10-10-2012 at 07:43 AM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    I just went through this in the past 2 weeks and a good deal is almost impossible to find. There are only 4 authorized online dealers, colorado cyclist, cambria, competitive cyclist and speedgoat.

No one has deals on the AL.

The path bike shop in orange county ca has the SPX AM model for 3385
    2012 Santa Cruz Tallboy LT Alloy SPX AM 29er gloss blue/orange size medium. MSRP: $4299. CLEARANCE $3655

They list it at 3655 on their site, but it is actually 3385, they have m, l, xl.

Bike pleasanton has the R AM model for 2500 in medium only. All other sizes are at list (3199). I believe it comes with the revelation shock too.

The catch is you actually have to pick it up at the shop. At bike pleasanton you cant just buy with your card and have someone pick it up, the person buying has to be the person picking it up. They will box and ship though (cost is around $70 to ship).

Tax I think is around 215, shipping is probably around 70.

because I couldnt find a deal, I just got a carbon LT R AM spec for 3900 + 70 shipping at colorado cyclist. My local bike shops had the aluminum for 3200 + 280 tax (but not in stock) so I just got the carbon.

Ow!
    If only looking at frames (not complete bikes), have you considered the LTc? Just checked--Santa Cruz still has Medium LTc frames for sale. Hard to beat $1500+shipping for a frame that is so stiff, and more stiff and a little lighter than the alum version. Of course, you may not get the exact color you would like, but that carbon/silver looks nice.

I keep my eyes open for Santa Cruz frames and I also haven't seen that good of deals for the alum version.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    My apologies for not being clear, I am looking for a Tall boy LT frame. Sorry!

Ow!
    Nope, my apologies. The discussion is about tallboys. Yep, there were some tallboys on sale, but they were snapped up very quickly. Same thing with Nomads (which is what I am still looking for).

Good luck.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by clydecrash View Post
    Nope, my apologies. The discussion is about tallboys. Yep, there were some tallboys on sale, but they were snapped up very quickly. Same thing with Nomads (which is what I am still looking for).

Good luck.
    not sure if you are looking for frame only, but my LBS has carbon nomads for about $1300 off

NOCSPXWHM SANTA CRUZ 12 NOMAD CARBON SPX WH MD 17 Lamar $5,529.99 $4,199.99 Can be Shipped

NOCSPXWHL SANTA CRUZ 12 NOMAD CARBON SPX WH LG 19 Lamar $5,529.99 $4,199.99 Can be Shipped

Ow!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodmojo View Post
    not sure if you are looking for frame only, but my LBS has carbon nomads for about $1300 off

NOCSPXWHM SANTA CRUZ 12 NOMAD CARBON SPX WH MD 17 Lamar $5,529.99 $4,199.99 Can be Shipped

NOCSPXWHL SANTA CRUZ 12 NOMAD CARBON SPX WH LG 19 Lamar $5,529.99 $4,199.99 Can be Shipped
    Thanks, but looking for a frame only. Good prices though.