dvl
    mtbr member
    Aug 2007

Santa Cruise Heckler wanted

I'm looking to buy a Santa Cruz Heckler, large frame, D kit, with the Fox RP23 upgrade for the rear shock. I'll need it assembled and shipped to me in Florida before within 10 days or so.

Any recommendations?

mtbr member
    Yes, I need one too. Must be new, less than $1000. Email me for a shipping address.
    Last edited by ozvena; 08-17-2007 at 07:13 PM.

dvl
    mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ozvena
    Yes, I need one to. Must be new, less than $1000. Email me for a shipping address.
    $1000. Are you unrealistic? Or treating my post with sarcasm?

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    probably going to have to find someone local for that one. you might try cambria and see if they can pull some magic in order to get it to you in time

dvl
    mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Cambria. A good suggestion. Thank you. I just called. Out of stock.

I think the key is to find the bike in stock and get it shipped. Shipping isn't the limiting time factor. Locating the bike it.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Try family cycling center in Santa Cruz. Last time I was in their shop, they had about 4 Hecklers in stock, but I'm not sure of the build kit or size.

http://www.familycycling.com/website/html/mtbbikes.html

dvl
    mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Family Cycling does indeed have the bike (one white, one green) in stock. The price is $1995, plus $85 for the shock upgrade. Plus shipping. Plus tax I imagine.

In the meantime, I have found the bike "locally". That's local as it's in the same state.

http://www.elitecycling.net/ has the bike in stock. They have ordered the shock upgrade on a 3 day delivery (a +$20 cost). The price will be roughly $2200 with taxes and the RP23 upgrade.

mtbr member
    FWIW, you dont pay sales tax to stores outside your state. Thats why most people dont have tax to jenson, Pricepoint, etc. If they have a store in your state, you get taxed, otherwise not.

Good luck with the bike.

Matt

dvl
    mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Good point, re sales tax. In this case, with shipping, it would be roughly the same price as here, but without the advantage of being able to get the bike back to the shop.

Members who have read this thread: 0