Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Salsa bikes & frames closeout sale

6K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  wgerow 
#1 ·
#6 ·
I just built up a bike but would really liked to have gone with a Horsethief. I demoed one last summer and really liked it but the stores with the sales were not within my reach so I had to look elsewhere. Maybe Salsa is shooting themselves in the foot with those policies.

#7 ·
So, I saw this post and went on their website, added a Spearfish frame to my cart, and went as far as the shipping page to check it out. That was around 2PM Central.

Well, at about 5PM central I get a call from them saying that they saw I had added it to my cart, and that if I was really interested they were getting ready to place a big order from Salsa and that I could get it for $890 shipped! I said hell yeah!

Bottom line: I just got the paypal invoice from them and the offer is good for one hour. If you want to try to cash in on the same deal you should be calling them like right now because I think they're putting the order in tonight.

#8 ·
WOW, interesting story.

I just looked at their website. It appears they increased the price. It is showing for $1203.

When I originally got the email, the link showed a price of $1,084.

Oh, well, who knows, in a few more days they will jack it up another $120 ...

#12 ·
It happens every year around this time. Usually it's Universal Cycles that has the most and best deals on them. As of right now Universal does have complete bikes on closeout, but no 2014 frames. The prices are higher this year due to the split pivot redesign last year.

#16 ·
I would try this. Go to 2014 Salsa El Mariachi Ti Blue 29er Frame - CLOSEOUT - Pro Bike Supply

Register, put the frame in your cart, and go thru the checkout process and stop short of actually buying it.

I did this and they called me in the afternoon and offered me a lower price on a Spearfish frame. I don't know if that's a one time occurrence, or if they cold call like that regularly, but can't hurt.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.