Thread: Saddle Return?

mtbr member

Saddle Return?

I just bought a saddle from Speedgoat for my road bike (Selle Italia SLK Gelflow) and put it on to test it out. I thought that this saddle, based on what I have read, would fit my needs. I tried it out, and for me it is a little hard. I e-mailed Speedgoat to see if I could return the saddle in person (I live in Pittsburgh, an hour away) and see what else they had that I could exchange it for. I just got a response saying that they can not take the saddle back once it is installed. Is this common for shops? I have actually purchased from other shops that let you try saddles out for a day or two before buying, and based on Speedgoats reputation I had thought they would do the same thing (or something similar). Am I out of line for thinking that? I'm kind of bummed, and out 100 bones for the saddle.
    Also, in all honesty I didn't have to tell them that it was installed (there are no discernable marks to indicate that) and I guess I could have just asked for an RA number. I thought it would be better to be honest with them so that they might be able to help fit me with another.

mtbr member
    maybe try returning it in person. once they see its in brand new condition manybe they will exchange it. i would think you'd at least be able to get store credit or something for it.

mtbr member
    just checked their site. i guess you cant exchange something thats been installed but you can return but they charge a %15 restocking fee.

http://www.speedgoat.com/returns.asp

Devil Mtn
    Ouch...I guess there is always ebay. You might try caling them and seeing if they'll give you a one time pass...

Goathead Gladiator
    saddle return should be a no-brainer - put electrical tape / duck tape on the saddle rails and return it in brand new condition. Any walk in bike store accepts saddle returns that's why they all have a green rubbermaid storage box full of saddles in the corner of the shop.