Thread: Rudy Projects?

Five is right out
    Sep 2006

Rudy Projects?

Any good sites for buying discounted Rudy Projects?

The e-rudy.com used to be reliable for heavily discounted frames if you had a bit of patience (they'd rotate a single model through with 50% off) but they seem to have discontinued that level of discounting.

I think they sunglasses are great, and generally prefer them over my usual Oakleys, but given that they scratch fairly easily am hesitant to buy them at full price.

Wanderer
    Take a look at Tifolsi glasses. Cheaper and good quality. I buy Tifolsi's off Amazon now. If something happens to them then no worries. I've had Oakleys but never felt they were worth the money.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by womble View Post
    Any good sites for buying discounted Rudy Projects?

The e-rudy.com used to be reliable for heavily discounted frames if you had a bit of patience (they'd rotate a single model through with 50% off) but they seem to have discontinued that level of discounting.

I think they sunglasses are great, and generally prefer them over my usual Oakleys, but given that they scratch fairly easily am hesitant to buy them at full price.
    Rudy does offer lens replacements for $20...

Five is right out
    Sep 2006
    I've tried several other brands, including Tifolsi and Optic Nerve... haven't been as happy with them. The Rudy Projects just fit better as they have adjustable nosebridges.

I've also used the RP lens replacement program. It was a major pain in the ass dealing with very delayed shipments (2 months) and a brain-dead CS rep. So I generally get lenses made from another company and sent over from Australia, though they don't do any of the fancier laser/mirrored versions.

mtbr member
    Promotive, if you qualify
    The Good Times are Killing me

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    I just priced out Rudy glasses with my scrip and was over $600. Oakley are around 350

FleshwoundGravityResearch
    I have a brand new pair of Genetyk with the ImpactX in Racing Red if anyone is interested.