Thread: Road Id

mtbr member

Road Id

Essential piece of equipment for any rider on road or off road!

Road ID promo code for 1$ off

For the next 20 people!!
    ThanksTripp15425452
    Current Ride:2012 BAMF Full Nelson

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    I have one and it is very well made, but cant they make one that says Dirt ID?

mtbr member
    Great question

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Nice product, I've had mine for a few years (gift from my sister), but there's now some very interesting competition:

https://vitaband.net/home/

I like the pre-paid chip, less important things too carry, less important things too loose.

mtbr member
    That doesn't look like much of a competition... Never actually needed my credit card while on my bike... And I'm not a fan of the 14.95 a year fee for their service.. And btw road ID offers the same service minus the c/c swiper thing...

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripp88 View Post
    That doesn't look like much of a competition... Never actually needed my credit card while on my bike... And I'm not a fan of the 14.95 a year fee for their service.. And btw road ID offers the same service minus the c/c swiper thing...
    I didn't mention that I also ride road bikes, sometimes for 6-7 hours at a time, it'd be nice not too have too carry my DL and credit card for lunch, water, or whatever. I love my RoadID, but I do have a yearly fee for the interactive service.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Well being a first responder, we need info on scene immediately. We dont have time to go to a computer to try to find this persons info, etc. Ill keep the road ID, nothing to break, etc.

mtbr member
    Exactly I'm a ff/paramedic myself and I know in my response zone we don't have cell service to call and find info.. Basic info like name, allergies and past medical hx would be suffice in a load and go situation. If we were able to get the pt stabilized we may get a second to call an emergency contact... Just my personal thoughts fwiw

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Oh well, maybe I'll die if you guys show up, at least I'll be out having fun when it happens! LOL

mtbr member
    But hey anything is better then nothing

mtbr member
    Jun 2012

VITAband

In the interest of full disclosure I am one of the founders of VITAband - really appreciate all of you talking about our product. We created it for bikers just like you to have peace of mind and convenience when out riding. Wanted to address the issue of having the vital info readily available for first responders, the Nathan VITAband, also includes a chip that fits on top of the payment chip and has the wearers emergency contact's name and # written on it. Also, a first responder simply calls the 800 # printed on the band and the live operator provides any add'l info (allergies, medications, etc) to the first responder - so their is no need to log onto a website etc to get this valuable info. Hope this helps. thank you. david

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dwaxman4 View Post
    In the interest of full disclosure I am one of the founders of VITAband - really appreciate all of you talking about our product. We created it for bikers just like you to have peace of mind and convenience when out riding. Wanted to address the issue of having the vital info readily available for first responders, the Nathan VITAband, also includes a chip that fits on top of the payment chip and has the wearers emergency contact's name and # written on it. Also, a first responder simply calls the 800 # printed on the band and the live operator provides any add'l info (allergies, medications, etc) to the first responder - so their is no need to log onto a website etc to get this valuable info. Hope this helps. thank you. david
    Thank you for the information David. I do have a question for you, do you plan on making a wrist band in a XS and XL size? The only thing keeping me from changing over is that the smallest band size you currently offer is too big for my wrist. An adjustable band like the RoadID would solve that issue.

P.S. I apologize for jacking this thread, no disrespect too any users or the RoadID Company

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    great question, we are continually developing new products and sizes. a smaller size is a priority. we also have some watches w/ our partner Rumbatime for our technology in them, they are adjustable and quite cool (but I'm biased).

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    I have a question for the first resonder/paramedic people here on the board. What would be the ideal information you would want to see on a RoadID band? You get six lines of information. I was thinking the info below, though I did not want to miss anything. I am not allergic to anything so the NKA is what I found online to add to it. Any thoughts on anything to add or remove?

Name / Birthdate
    City, State USA
    Spouse cell phone
    Home phone
    Sister Phone
    NKA / Blood type

Thanks,

John

Quote Originally Posted by nov0798 View Post
    Well being a first responder, we need info on scene immediately. We dont have time to go to a computer to try to find this persons info, etc. Ill keep the road ID, nothing to break, etc.

mtbr member
    That looks good... Only other thing I would add would be if you had any medical issues:
    Like:
    heart attack (MI)
    Seizures
    Asthma
    Allergies(environmental or medication)

Basically anything that could keep you from being able to relay your issues to medical personnel or even bystanders.