mtbr member
    Aug 2008

ride-this.com: MIA... anyone made a recent order?

i placed an order at www.ride-this.com on 10/22 and got a confirmation email of the receipt of my payment, which said that there would be a second email with tracking info when the order shipped. i never got that email, so i sent them an email on 10/29. no reply. also called them today (11/1) and their message says they're relocating, and their message box is full, so i couldn't leave a message.

has anyone recently made an order from this site?
    Last edited by s4gobabygo; 11-02-2009 at 03:45 PM.

dude
    I made an order around September and had similar issues. They're having trouble with keeping up with orders due to the relocation/rebuilding of the shop.

I had the best luck getting a hold of Tim who is their web guy. He single-handedly prevented me from writing up a massive flame-fest when it took nearly 4 weeks to get the Transition Revolution AM wheelset that I ordered. You should be able to get a hold of him on the live webmaster or customer support.

If you haven't already, send an e-mail to ridethis.com@gmail.com.

To anyone else thinking about ordering from them, I would wait another couple months until they get their **** together.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    thanks for the info!

i got a reply from tim that the fork i ordered was incorrectly marked as in stock, and they had been trying to source it for me. reasonable explanation, although i wish i'd known it wasn't coming. anyway, it seems like we're back on track, so no harm, no foul. hopefully they get back up and running smoothly soon!

mtbr member

WOW....still having troubles

I had a similar issue over summer.
    A road stem. Listed as in stock, but it wasn't. Real issue was that they lost my weborder. Had to make three or four calls to get it resolved.
    The "excuse " then was they were having a software update. Still, most of the people I spoke to at Ride This were not too helpful

Seems things aren't getting better. Sad...they have some good prices.
    You cannot go against nature, because when you do, its part of nature too.

dude
    I'll have to add that my wheelset was listed as "in stock" as well - I don't think that any of their stock listings are accurate.

Give dirt to me... Repent
    Jul 2005
    Ride-This best Online shop By Far.....

Sucked before, suck now. Anyone see a pattern?

mtbr member
    Ride-This still sucks. Just ordered parts that were shown to be in stock and it took 10 BUSINESS days to ship. I got an e-mail saying, blah blah we are sorry we are relocating stores and are having problems with UPS locating us. So parts weren't in stock, supposedly moved stores again. The e-mail said due to the delay we will ship priority, well got a tracking number today for ground. The also gave a tracking number out 2 days before UPS received the item. Usually this wouldn't be a big deal but when it's the last part I need to complete a new build, 3 weeks for some 'in stock' parts is terrible. 1st and last order with them.

dude
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobstopper
    I got an e-mail saying, blah blah we are sorry we are relocating stores and are having problems with UPS locating us.
    Relocating for 8 months? Wtf are they building over there? Noah's ark?

I was thinking of ordering with them again, but I guess that's going to be it for me. I'm starting to think that relocating stores isn't what's really going on over there.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    I've ordered from ride-this several times; Tim is honest and gets things straightened out - All orders over the internuts have issues - just wait, patience, lots of patience, and it will come - I will order from them again -