Hi!!!

REI Super Clearance Sale starts Aug. 25th

First off, I'm a parttimer at REI.

Our Labor Day Sale starts this Friday and along with it we are also having our Super Clearance Sale. What is it you ask? Any item that ends in an "$.83"....you take an additional 50% off if you are a member. So for example you buy a widget that costs $10.83....take another 50% off of that price and voila that is what you pay. At least in our store, we will have cycling clothing as part of the Super Clearance Sale.

My suggestion is to just do it online since the stores can get pretty crazy around this time.

You can actually go online now and see what items end in an "$.83". That's not a 100% guarantee that they will be in the SC Sale, but in the past I've noticed that a good number of what you see prior to the sale kicking off is included in the sale.
    Idaho Biking Yahoo! Group
    Support these shops: www.CustomMtnCycles.com & Reed's Cycle

RAS
    mtbr member

Cool!

Thanks for the heads up.

mtbr member
    Thanks!!!

mtbr member

Hey BS

Just wondering if you know anything aboutf the North Face Denali vests that are on the webe site for the clearance. They have them listed, however when you click on them they are not included.
    Would the store in Boise here have them?
    BoiseBoy

Hi!!!
    No damn clue about the TNF vest. We were so busy last night setting up for the sale that I really didn't have time to look over what we had. Your best bet is to just give them a call and get transferred to men's outwear and ask.

Sorry I couldn't be of any help.

EDIT

Don't forget to look at REI-Outlet.com as well for stuff.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Good point

just finished my order with REI.com , then went to REIoutlet.com and found more deals, actually better. can't resist to buy two more gloves (Sugio and Fox Sidewinder) both only $12 a piece! I got to keep looking! thanks again.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! Can't... stop... spending... sooo... cheap...

Wool Jersey:

http://www.rei.com/online/store/Prod...uctId=48019245

How are the quality of those gloves, by the way?
    Last edited by WolverineGator; 08-25-2006 at 12:16 PM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

great gloves

I already using Sidiewinder which I got from Sierra Trading Post for $19, I thought was a killing deal compare to Performance's $37, very comfy and look awesome. going to get more in this price and try out the Sugio one. bike jersey price here is unreal .....

mtbr member
    I put the gloves in my cart and shopped around.. when I went to check out it said the gloves are out of stock. Bummer

Goathead Gladiator
    I'm glad their gloves are a good deal because their bikes are a complete rip off - absolute crap at prices higher than anywhere else,even with the labor dale sale on.

Specialized Rida
    Not very much bike related items. Only 11 things. Pretty weak if you ask me.

I just .83 in the keyword and it gave me all things that will be on sale. Here you go this will save you some search time.

Hi!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by skate
    Not very much bike related items. Only 11 things. Pretty weak if you ask me.
    There was more when the sale kicked off Friday morning. The thing is though is that you really need to jump on it, otherwise you are SOL. Our store had a fair amount of shorts and jerseys and other bike stuff up for sale late Thursday night when we were setting up, but by late Saturday afternoon alot of that stuff was gone.

REI-Outlet.com also had a good selection of stuff across the board on Friday.

The Uber Carnivore

I bought a new bike!

'06 Method 2.0 for $1400. Rode it yesterday. What a deal.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Order got canceled

My order had been canceled due to the inventory shortage. four of the items I ordered bounced after two days. That's the first time I had problem with REI during their super .83 sale in years, nice thing is they gave two 20% coupon for compensation, but man I thought I scored a big one on that North Face jacket

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    do you think bicycles will be on sale this weekend? my local REI has a rush that i really want but i dont wanna pay full price. let me know!

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    When does this sale end?

I was disappointed with the selection of on-sale items. Will they put more on sale as the week progresses?

Hi!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by WildJackal
    When does this sale end?

I was disappointed with the selection of on-sale items. Will they put more on sale as the week progresses?
    It ends Monday.

Whenever there is a Super Clearance Sale...you really do need to jump on it as early as possible cuz the available inventory goes down by the hour.

The point of a sale like this is to clear both the Seattle Distribution Center and individual stores of inventory in preparation for the upcoming winter season. Heck we started getting winter clothing and footwear last month at our store!!!! Therefore Super Clearance items are not replenished. Basically you snooze, you lose. However, sometimes you may be lucky and find something new that wasn't available earlier, but that's pretty rare.

Hi!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by 232vzlano
    do you think bicycles will be on sale this weekend? my local REI has a rush that i really want but i dont wanna pay full price. let me know!
    A number of bikes, depending on what your store carries, should be marked down 15-20%. Like I said in a previous post, the sale ends on Monday.