Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Feb 2004

REI outlet 20% off- Ultimate Pro repair stand $105

code: GEAR929 will get you 20%off REIOUTLET.com. check out the Ultimate Pro Stand, the best quality with unbeatible price..
    edit:GEAR929 is the code
    Last edited by BigBull; 09-29-2006 at 04:59 PM.

rbtm member
    Jan 2004

Bonking ... not feelin' well

Quote Originally Posted by BigBull
    code: GEAR909 will get you 20%off REIOUTLET.com. check out the Ultimate Pro Stand, the best quality with unbeatible price..
    Didn't work for me.

Update: Received the coupon via e-mail a few hours after placing my order, called them up and they applied the credit. Thanks for the heads-up.
    Last edited by Mr.Bob; 09-30-2006 at 11:56 AM.
    [SIZE=1]"The mouth of justice contemplates wisdom."[/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Try GEAR929

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    I'm in for one. The code worked for me. So if you have trouble, try calling them up. They were very helpful. Because the code works for purchases starting today, I had to cancel my old order and put in a new one. Pushes back the ship date... but saves me $30. Choose the pickup option to save you shipping costs.

Singletrack Snob

Consumer Stand?

Quote Originally Posted by BigBull
    code: GEAR929 will get you 20%off REIOUTLET.com. check out the Ultimate Pro Stand, the best quality with unbeatible price..
    edit:GEAR929 is the code
    I think you mean the Ultimate Consumer Stand. Regular $139. 20% off makes it about $105...

Does REI charge extra shipping for their repair stands? I'm 2.5 hours from the nearest REI.

- G
    "I've got a card in my spokes, I'm practicing my jokes. I'm learning!"

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

it's a Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin G
    I think you mean the Ultimate Consumer Stand. Regular $139. 20% off makes it about $105...

Does REI charge extra shipping for their repair stands? I'm 2.5 hours from the nearest REI.

- G
    You got to go to REIOUTLET.com, not rei.com, no charge for store pick up

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Right. It is the pro model.

REI might charge extra for shipping. I know Pricepoint and Jenson do because its oversize/weight...

mtbr member
    Nov 2004

129.93 - 20% = 104.94

great deal. You could even sell them on EBay for a profit.
    TEX

Ski during the off-season

an extra $15.00 ...

Does REI charge extra shipping for their repair stands? I'm 2.5 hours from the nearest REI
    From the listing: Due to the size and/or weight of this product, an extra $15.00 shipping charge will be added to your order.

Does anyone know if this is an older model (assume so since it is REI outlet), and if so, what's different about it and the new model? The newer model I have seen with the same look is burgandy & has the numbering BRS-80. Thx.

Singletrack Snob
    Quote Originally Posted by journey
    From the listing: Due to the size and/or weight of this product, an extra $15.00 shipping charge will be added to your order.

Does anyone know if this is an older model (assume so since it is REI outlet), and if so, what's different about it and the new model? The newer model I have seen with the same look is burgandy & has the numbering BRS-80. Thx.
    Yes, this is the older model, but I'm not sure what the difference is. If anything, I think they changed the connection between the clamp and the post; the part that allows the clamp to pivot, but then again, I could be totally wrong.

Ex-Clydesdale
    Ordered one this morning, wanted to post the deal here but it looks like you guys beat me to it.

Can't wait, been wanting one for over a year now!
    '94 RSBikes Stampede (commuter), '05 Prophet, '09 Scattante XRL Team, '10 Slice 4
    Retired: 97 C-DaleSuper-V, 05 C-Dale R5000

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    I got one of these last year on a very similar deal. It's a BRS-80B, the normal stand is a BRS-80R. The B is for black, and the R is for red, I believe the stand is identical except for the color. There is also a model BRS-80RT which is red with and comes with a tote bag.

TEX

It's carbon dontcha know.
    Wasn't planning on purchasing, but at that price I weakened

Singletrack Snob
    I ended up buying one this afternoon...

Don't touch me!
    Quote Originally Posted by texas
    I got one of these last year on a very similar deal. It's a BRS-80B, the normal stand is a BRS-80R. The B is for black, and the R is for red, I believe the stand is identical except for the color. There is also a model BRS-80RT which is red with and comes with a tote bag.
    The stand is the Ultimate Pro Repair Compact version. Discontinued by Ultimate Support. According to Ultimate's website, the Pro compact is lighter, has a smaller footprint, has less weight carrying capacity, and has a little less adjustability than the regular (and red) Pro. But still a decent deal for under $130 shipped.

EDIT: This is NOT the Pro Compact model! Read below.
    Last edited by beeristasty; 10-01-2006 at 08:19 AM.
    [SIZE=3]No offense to KB, but if I see another "Strong, light, cheap. Pick two" line on this site...

[/SIZE][SIZE=1]MCM# eleventy billion

[SIZE=2]No offense to thieves, but if I see another "Ride it like you stole it" line on this site...[/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Nov 2005

interesting

Just curious... How'd you find out its the discontinued 'compact' model. I was hoping it'd be identical to its red counterpart.

Quote Originally Posted by beeristasty
    The stand is the Ultimate Pro Repair Compact version. Discontinued by Ultimate Support.
    I was just looking at the ultimate pro repair compact stand on ultimates site (http://www.ultimatesupport.com/s.nl/...21&category=60) -- it does not appear to be the same stand. If you look at how the legs connect, the appear to connect the same as the 70 series (i.e., each leg 'points' into the base). The one on the REI site is more like the 80 series where the legs are like a 'tangent' to the base -- hard to describe). If my description does not make sense, pay attention to how the legs attach to the base.

Anyway, if your information is correct, it may just be that the pix's on the REI site are not be accurate.

Does anyone know when the 20% off expires? Thx.

Don't touch me!
    I was just looking at the ultimate pro repair compact stand on ultimates site (http://www.ultimatesupport.com/s.nl/...21&category=60) -- it does not appear to be the same stand. If you look at how the legs connect, the appear to connect the same as the 70 series (i.e., each leg 'points' into the base). The one on the REI site is more like the 80 series where the legs are like a 'tangent' to the base -- hard to describe). If my description does not make sense, pay attention to how the legs attach to the base.

Anyway, if your information is correct, it may just be that the pix's on the REI site are not be accurate.

Does anyone know when the 20% off expires? Thx.
    Damn, I'm wrong. I thought it was the Pro Compact, but it is the regular Pro. I guess I need to pay better attention. The Pro Compact is on their regular site.

So correction: This is a super awesome deal! Coupon expires 10/6/06.
    [SIZE=3]No offense to KB, but if I see another "Strong, light, cheap. Pick two" line on this site...

[/SIZE][SIZE=1]MCM# eleventy billion

[SIZE=2]No offense to thieves, but if I see another "Ride it like you stole it" line on this site...[/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]

Singletrack Snob

Guess we'll wait to be super sure

Quote Originally Posted by beeristasty
    Damn, I'm wrong. I thought it was the Pro Compact, but it is the regular Pro. I guess I need to pay better attention. The Pro Compact is on their regular site.

So correction: This is a super awesome deal! Coupon expires 10/6/06.
    We'll let you know which one it is when they start arriving. Mine is estimated to arrive on the 10th...

- G

It's carbon dontcha know.
    We'll let you know which one it is when they start arriving. Mine is estimated to arrive on the 10th...

- G
    Ditto

mtbr member
    Nov 2004

It looks like the same deal I got last year and its an utlimate pro.

I'm pretty sure the description and picture are the same as the stand I got last year which is a ultimate pro. The msrp matches, the picture looks like a pro. i.e. the stand of the pro compact has the same base as the BRS-70, but from that picture you can see that the way the legs are attached like the pro, not like the BRS-70. Again the box on the stand I got last year was a BRS-80B and it's an ultimate pro in black.
    TEX

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Just got mine today. Very burly stand. Looks like its really the BRS-80B, the Ultimate Pro model... in black.

You guys are killing me -- I just used my spare funds on other purchases (car repair) and had finally decided to resist the urge... to spend more money... must resist...

Kudzu
    Snagged 1 for me
    I pick it up Wednesday.
    Last edited by Kudzu; 10-19-2006 at 04:45 PM.

Moderator Moderator
    Hi Guys,

I've been getting a lot of calls on this. For the record it IS the original black Pro BRS-80B repair stand. We sold black versions a few years ago and recently ran into some extra tubing in our Canadian warehouse. Instead of scrapping it and writing it off we built them up and sold them to REI-Outlet as discontinued stock. If you can use a coupon and get this pro level stand for $104 I'd say do it because I can't see another deal like this anytime soon. Heck - $125 is still a stea!!! Only difference is this is black powdercoated - our current red versions are all red anodized. Hope that clears things up.

Again, this stand but in black powdercoat.

http://www.ultimatesupport.com/s.nl/...21&category=60

http://www.mtbr.com/reviews/Tools/product_23460.shtml

This stand has been awarded mtbr.com "tool of the year" for 5 years now based on owner reviews.

Brett @ Ultimate
    Last edited by 2melow; 10-12-2006 at 08:32 AM.
    Niner Bikes employee. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Niner-...3652275?ref=ts
    Front Range Forum Moderator

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast