mtbr member
    Feb 2008

Recent shopping with Comcycle & ChainReactionCycle

I encounter my recent experience buying online from 1 US cycle and 1 UK cycle parts provider recently and would like to share my experience since i am from other country and transact through online.

Comcycle :
    Owner : Dennis
    Merchandise: Syntace Vro stem
    Why i buy from them:Singapore dont have the model and item price is placed reasonable.
    Conversation: Through email and telephone
    Encounter : Just as their website proclaimed , responsive and timely answers to questions asked.Dennis is very helpful ,understanding and a "make no excuse" kinda guy.
    Though i am still waiting for an exchange to the wrong model stem.I think the type of attitude he shown placed alot of emphasis on doing good business and creating goodwill.

Well,lets face it,it is not an easy task to obtain good ratings for tens of thousands in Ebay ,rite?
    I will update asap when there is a verdict.

Chainreactioncycle:
    Representative: Dean
    Merchandise :Multiple
    Why i buy from them : Wide range of products,reasonable prices ,am i spoilt for choices!
    Conversation:Through email (lots of) and telephone.
    Encounter: It seems different countrymen speaks different English but i manage to catch the balls eventually.Service is apparently quite slack but after i prove i am "sincere" to transact ,they also become customer service orientated.
    My merchandise are still in shipment and halfway through.

I will update asap when there is a verdict

mtbr member
    Placed on order with CRC on Feb.29th. According to their website it takes 3-5 days for shipping to Canada. Still waiting for my gear and the tracking info indicates that it hasn't even landed in Canada yet. WTF. Is someone rowing it across the pond??

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Funny that , just ordered some stuff from both sites , CRC cancelled some items I had ordered despite the fact that they where in stock at the time , no biggy they refunded the difference straight away not to mention still gave me free shipping even though the amended order was less than $570.00 aud ... nice , just bought a few pieces from Com Cycle , thought the shipping for a stem and handlebar was exorbitant.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by eckstar
    Funny that , just ordered some stuff from both sites , CRC cancelled some items I had ordered despite the fact that they where in stock at the time , no biggy they refunded the difference straight away not to mention still gave me free shipping even though the amended order was less than $570.00 aud ... nice , just bought a few pieces from Com Cycle , thought the shipping for a stem and handlebar was exorbitant.
    I am calling CRC in a while but the account order in their webpage is in disarray despite my email with CRC show they will update .

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    They tried the same thing for me 6 days after I placed an order on a wheelset saying the rims were no longer in stock. They did not offer to ship the remainder of my order no charge, did not offer other rim options etc. I feel they really failed on the initial part of the back and forth. I said "no, thats not acceptable, you upgrade the rims instead of saying they are not in stock, you can give me Mavic 819 (ordered DT Swiss 4.2) for my inconvenience, and since it's now taken you 6 days to tell me this from initial order I demand you send the remainder of my order 2 day air today, then ship the wheelset 2 day air once it is finished" Response was "we were able to locate a set of rims to build for you and they will ship out tomorrow.

Shady...

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    I've ordered from them a few times and have had items shipped here so damn fast. Never ordered wheels though.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    I just received my replacement order for a previous order that arrived with items all scratched up and missing a part. It took two weeks to get to Canada from CRC. The wierd thing is they were also suppose to send me some other items in exchange for the $60.00 in shipping it cost me to send the scratched items back and they didn't send any of them. There was not even a mention of the items either even though Brian who was handling my order said he would personally take care of everything and he would make sure my order included these items. I just sent them an email about this but I find it hard to believe they just forgot to include these items. Very confusing.
    Last edited by Freezer; 03-26-2008 at 02:19 AM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Well my CRC order should turn up today , so thats six days since they it left their store , not bad for halfway around the world. Hopefully everything will be in order , as so far ordering from them has been pretty good. Now Comcycle on the other hand ..... hmmm not only do they charge me a kings ransom on postage they advise me today that the stem is on backorder ( 4 weeks ) despite it being advertised as in stock on their site. As I really want this stem I have decided to wait for it , funny thing is though having been charged upfront you would have thought they may have offered me a discount somewhere just for the inconvenience alone

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Well my CRC order should turn up today , so thats six days since they it left their store , not bad for halfway around the world. Hopefully everything will be in order , as so far ordering from them has been pretty good. Now Comcycle on the other hand ..... hmmm not only do they charge me a kings ransom on postage they advise me today that the stem is on backorder ( 4 weeks ) despite it being advertised as in stock on their site. As I really want this stem I have decided to wait for it , funny thing is though having been charged upfront you would have thought they may have offered me a discount somewhere just for the inconvenience alone
    Different experience!I will contact CRC to know the status of my wheel building and order additional stuffs.As for Comcycle,Dennis is a accomodating guy in his email in the sense he promised he will ship the right stem for the wrong model he shipped.I will see the time taken before a verdict is derived for both suppliers.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008

Smile

Received the stem from Comcycle in described good condition .Dennis apparently is a accomodating and trustworthy seller .I will patronise soon enough for other stuff.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Well,finally received my stuffs in good order although the internet page may not show updated records after some changes on my part and caused me anxiety.The exchange rate is reasonable not to mention CRC prices on their major items.

I will support CRC in the future for purchases.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Jlar
    Placed on order with CRC on Feb.29th. According to their website it takes 3-5 days for shipping to Canada. Still waiting for my gear and the tracking info indicates that it hasn't even landed in Canada yet. WTF. Is someone rowing it across the pond??
    hmm.... I'm experienceing the same thing atm. Parcel post inidcates that it left the UK on the 2 April, but it has not landed in the country yet. (Australia)

I have ordered from CRC many times in the past and most orders have landed at my door step within 5 working days.
    I did have 1 order a long time ago take 2 weeks. I never reallyfoudn out why it took so long.
    I wonder if it's coming by surface mail.....

Genreally speaking CRC are pretty good.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Just cancelled both my orders from Comcycle and asked for a full refund after recieving an email saying that the stem is not coming at all and that the handlebars would be another 2 weeks. Fyi I had purchased these items 1 month ago , one thru ebay and the the store direct.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Just cancelled both my orders from Comcycle and asked for a full refund after recieving an email saying that the stem is not coming at all and that the handlebars would be another 2 weeks. Fyi I had purchased these items 1 month ago , one thru ebay and the the store direct.

What stem n handlebar? Syntace ?I thot it is the only stem and handlebar model (the VROs )that is very difficult to purchase?

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Nope , some sunline am stem and v1 handlebar , what annoys me is that these products are still being offered on ebay at present , wonder if the potential buyers know of the lengthy wait that they may face to receive there goods.

I'm on fire.
    .... just bought a few pieces from Com Cycle , thought the shipping for a stem and handlebar was exorbitant.
    I've ordered some stuff from them before. Good product and quick delivery, but stupid expensive shipping ($9 shipping for two derailleur hangers!).
    Sanity is the trademark of a weak mind.
    Cycle CNY

it's....
    Quote Originally Posted by Trigger
    I've ordered some stuff from them before. Good product and quick delivery, but stupid expensive shipping ($9 shipping for two derailleur hangers!).
    But the hangers are way cheaper than anywhere else. (was for Chumba)