mtbr member

Racing Ralph 29x2.4

On Chainlove right now for $38.99 !

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    first mtb thing on there for a while. Just finished a different tire. Hope to catch this one again!
    If you can be blissfully ignorant to the notion that something is impossible, then you might surprise yourself. -- Andrea138

psycho cyclo addict
    They had it up last Friday too... I bought 4 of em!

mtbr member
    competitive cyclist has them for $45 with free shipping over $50. all told ends up being only a couple bucks more if you miss out on the chainlove deal. i am in for 2.

Living the Dream
    How are these as a rear tire? I am interested in putting one on the rear of my Sultan that is a little lighter and faster than the nobby nic there now.

Thanks, John
    "And I shout that your all fakes and you should have seen the look on your face"

mtbr member
    ralphs on the rear work good for me for their intended use (not mud) at lowish pressure. my experience is you need a wide rim though for the 2.4s if you wanna run really low pressure or they are gonna feel a little squirmy due to their flexy sidewalls.

they seem like they roll better than nics on my other bike but you give up some traction.

mtbr member
    I haven't run the Ralph, but I have experience with the Nic and the Rocket Ron. I think the Nobby Nic is a better fit for me, and I am happy with it. Both the Ron and Nic are light and have good grip (both front and rear, have only run them in pairs), with the Nic being far more predictable in corners. I do like the Schwalbe tires, and will probably try the Ralph sometime in the future.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Back up on Chainlove at 09:35 Eastern

Living the Dream
    Thanks just nabbed 1.
    "And I shout that your all fakes and you should have seen the look on your face"

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

Racing Ralph 29x2.4

Anybody know the weight of this one? It doesn't appear anywhere. Would it be too tight for Stan's?

max_29
    Quote Originally Posted by SS Hack View Post
    Anybody know the weight of this one? It doesn't appear anywhere. Would it be too tight for Stan's?
    they are around 600g and you'll have to put some struggle to fit on stan's. (Crest in my case)

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

Racing Ralph 29x2.4

Quote Originally Posted by max_29 View Post
    they are around 600g and you'll have to put some struggle to fit on stan's. (Crest in my case)
    Thanks ... also running Crests on one bike.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by SS Hack View Post
    Thanks ... also running Crests on one bike.
    I'm running these on my 29er Crests and the go on just fine. I did have to use one lever, but it was very little effort, especially compared to the Small Block 8. I managed to finally get that one on with two heavy levers, but really have no clue if I can get it off and back on while out on the trail. Hopefully I won't have to find out and will manage to get a deal on a 2.25 Ralph soon enough. Highly recommend the RR for a rigid setup, especially at these prices. I thought they were a deal at the $50 I got mine for.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

Racing Ralph 29x2.4

Quote Originally Posted by goldenaustin View Post
    I'm running these on my 29er Crests and the go on just fine. I did have to use one lever, but it was very little effort, especially compared to the Small Block 8. I managed to finally get that one on with two heavy levers, but really have no clue if I can get it off and back on while out on the trail. Hopefully I won't have to find out and will manage to get a deal on a 2.25 Ralph soon enough. Highly recommend the RR for a rigid setup, especially at these prices. I thought they were a deal at the $50 I got mine for.
    Thanks a lot! I wanted them for a rigid single speed. I also had a bit of a time mounting up the SB8, it has floppy sidewalls that seem to make everything harder.

mtbr member
    It was offered again this morning. Thanks for posting!