Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: PricePoint FAIL

mtbr member
    Feb 2005

PricePoint FAIL

Last weekend, I received a new Ibis Mojo SL "Special Blend". I love the bike, but the Avid Elixir 1 brakes were (IMO) awful. As a result, I opted to purchase a set of Magura MT4 from PricePoint as the price was great and I've been doing business there for ages with no issues. So last night, I purchased everything (making sure it was all in stock) to ensure I'd be up and riding this weekend. I even paid for expedited shipping to guarantee I'd be on the trails. Overall, I was on the hook for F/R brakes, rotors, adapters, centerlock adapters, and a bleed kit.

You can image how angry I was to receive the following email a day later, after they'd closed...My calls and email were ~10min after the email arrived and no answer...

I now have no brakes coming, nor any clue whether the rest of the order is still being sent and how much I'm being charged.

================================

Hello Sean,

We regret to inform you that we no longer stock Maura MT 4 brakes, therefore, we have removed the item from the order. Please let us know if you wish to replace it with a different item or remove the item it from the order and ship out everything else. Please let us know if you have any questions.

We do apologize for any inconvenience this may cause!

Regards,

---

Price Point Mail Order, Ltd.

8:03 PM (8 minutes ago)

to ---

As a longtime PricePoint customer for over a decade, I'm extremely frustrated by this situation.

1) The product was shown as "in stock" last night when ordered

2) An entire business day passed before I was notified

3) I have no idea what is still being sent, or if the entire order is cancelled.

4) Customer service is now closed at Price Point (despite receiving this email 2min ago) and you are not answering your direct line.

5) Why you're no longer carrying MT4 brakes?
    Last edited by Pelly_NH; 04-18-2012 at 09:38 AM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Try BlueSkyCycling.com were i buy most my brake parts.

Five is right out
    Sep 2006
    Calm down. One working day- that's not bad. They didn't pick up your phone at after 8pm- good for them- I'd personally prefer that their staff have a life instead of answering irate emails at night.

Retailers get their inventory lists wrong sometimes. Deal with it. It's not even like your bike doesn't have a new set of working brakes on it. You can still ride.

If it upsets you so much, just cancel the entire order and get them from somewhere else. Having a hissy fit about it on the internet is a bit extreme.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Well Womble, I'd agree except for the following:

1) They heavily advertise and promote their in-stock and same-day shipping claims

2) All parts in the order were listed as "in stock" on the website.

3) The order had rushed shipping and was placed the night before. Why on earth it took them so long to figure out a part was out of stock is beyond me. Why the customer service agent sent the email 2min before closing is another mystery.

4) Why didn't they call me to ask if I would like to cancel the order or keep the remaining items? At least update me on the stock status of the other items or tell me how much I'm still being charged.

While you might be content waiting an indefinite amount of time for your parts or be willing to put up with poor customer service, I am not. To that end, I'm even willing to pay the premium for rushed service and arrival and did due diligence on my end to ensure this situation wouldn't have happened. Had a call been made during the day letting me know the situation, this thread wouldn't exist.

As for being a bit extreme, I'd say trolling a mountain bike forum to post passive aggressive comments is a bit much for an adult. Thanks anyways.

ballbuster

wah...

Quote Originally Posted by Pelly_NH View Post
    Well Womble, I'd agree except for the following:

1) They heavily advertise and promote their in-stock and same-day shipping claims

2) All parts in the order were listed as "in stock" on the website.

3) The order had rushed shipping and was placed the night before. Why on earth it took them so long to figure out a part was out of stock is beyond me. Why the customer service agent sent the email 2min before closing is another mystery.

4) Why didn't they call me to ask if I would like to cancel the order or keep the remaining items? At least update me on the stock status of the other items or tell me how much I'm still being charged.

While you might be content waiting an indefinite amount of time for your parts or be willing to put up with poor customer service, I am not. To that end, I'm even willing to pay the premium for rushed service and arrival and did due diligence on my end to ensure this situation wouldn't have happened. Had a call been made during the day letting me know the situation, this thread wouldn't exist.

As for being a bit extreme, I'd say trolling a mountain bike forum to post passive aggressive comments is a bit much for an adult. Thanks anyways.
    First world problems.

Stock errors happen. Get on with your life.

IMO, PricePoint is still one of the best OBSs out there. Maybe an employee stole them or something a while ago, and they just discovered it. If you ever worked in retail, you would know this sorta thing happens all the time.

I guess you're part of the 1.7%.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Joy, another troll. Go spoil the other vendor complaint threads while you're at it hero.

Five is right out
    Sep 2006
    Look up the definition of "internet troll" before making yourself sound even sillier.

We're not trolling, just calling you out for whining for a pretty lame reason.

I <3 dirt
    Maybe they sold out right before you placed your order? Especially if it was such a great deal.
    WHY ARE YOU YELLING??!1

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    The issue isn't the fact the brakes weren't in stock. Rather, the problem is with how that info was communicated.

I <3 dirt
    What time of day was the order placed?
    WHY ARE YOU YELLING??!1

keeptrollintrollintrollin
    So... You were the only customer that day? I would bet they get thousands of orders each day.... Not to mention phone orders. I suggest you start making orders over the phone. You will avoid most of this when they are able to check inventories at the point of sale.

I <3 dirt
    CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in this message is intended only for the personal and confidential use of the designated recipients named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this document in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please return the original message to us by reply email and delete from your database.
    my favorite part lol
    WHY ARE YOU YELLING??!1

nodejitsu
    Crazy Amreekans

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    It sucks when this happens, but as it stands, its not like you can't ride your bike. You still have brakes, you'll just have to wait a couple days longer for the brakes you actually want.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Well highdell, you ride a Sette so that likely narrows it down a bit.

~Disc~Golf~
    "Extremely furious"??? -
    what are you like when something REALLY goes wrong?

I work for a pretty major e-tailer, so I can possibly shed a little light on how something like this happens.

1 - you are not their only customer
    2-
    Honestly... ahh I give up

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    BTW:

Wombel, highdelll, codyh12345, and anyone else who doesn't expect satisfactory customer service (as in a phone call or an email with actual details on their shipment and cost), why aren't you going to post your garbage in the multiple other posts COMPLAINING ABOUT THE SAME DAMN THING (with other vendors)?

Most recent example:
    Cambria (CBO) - never again!!

~Disc~Golf~
    Well highdell, you ride a Sette so that likely narrows it down a bit.
    ever bother to look at where I live?

anyways, HairCareChoices - Professional salon haircare products: Goldwell, Joico, Framesi and more

Big Boy
    Quote Originally Posted by highdelll View Post
    I was just about to comment on how nice your hair is in your picture!!
    -It's time to shred some mild to moderate gnar!!

keeptrollintrollintrollin
    why aren't you going to post your garbage in the multiple other posts COMPLAINING ABOUT THE SAME DAMN THING (with other vendors)?

Umm... Because this thread was in my "recent" section of the tapatalk app and I felt like TRYING to provide some useful information about CALLING in your order to avoid further "extremely furious" situations. But hey... these forums are just for namecalling and b!tching anyway right. Why try to help someone.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    so you heard from them exactly 1 day after you placed your order? I find that completely satisfactory. I also find it completely satisfactory that they didn't answer your call or email after their closing business hours.

I'm still confused what is unsatisfactory about this issue, other than their site said they had an item in stock when they didn't. These things happen in retail.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by phazeshifta View Post
    so you heard from them exactly 1 day after you placed your order? I find that completely satisfactory. I also find it completely satisfactory that they didn't answer your call or email after their closing business hours.

I'm still confused what is unsatisfactory about this issue, other than their site said they had an item in stock when they didn't. These things happen in retail.

banned
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by womble View Post
    Calm down. One working day- that's not bad. They didn't pick up your phone at after 8pm- good for them- I'd personally prefer that their staff have a life instead of answering irate emails at night.

Retailers get their inventory lists wrong sometimes. Deal with it. It's not even like your bike doesn't have a new set of working brakes on it. You can still ride.

If it upsets you so much, just cancel the entire order and get them from somewhere else. Having a hissy fit about it on the internet is a bit extreme.
    I agree with you 100%

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    This is an exact quote from the email they sent you:

"Please let us know if you wish to replace it with a different item or remove the item it from the order and ship out everything else"

It took me exactly one read to know what they would be shipping out to you. I'm still confused what the issue is here.

~Disc~Golf~
    Quote Originally Posted by phazeshifta View Post
    this is the thing..
    It may have been in stock at the time he ordered it.
    let's say there were two in stock, 3 people place that in their basket and checkout before the OP does.
    The item wont be pulled out of stock until that order is actually processed (the next business day)
    Person A's order gets processed - now 1 in stock
    Person B has a credit card issue (expired) - 1 still in stock
    Person C's order gets processed - now 0 in stock - ooooh, so close for the OP

After the end of day, automated emails go out to people who's orders were missing something or with any other 'issues'.
    The next day, phone calls and emails from customers are fielded by Customer Support.

OP's furious email gets put off and customers with composure are dealt with because no one wants to deal w/ that BS over a non-issue 1st thing in the morning.

Clear as mud??

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast