mtbr member
    Oct 2007

Pricepoint 15% off with free shipping

Pricepoint has 15% off and free shipping for orders over $199. I have not been a big Pricepoint fan lately, mainly because they charge so much for shipping, but this is a decent offer.

Pricepoint 15% off with free shipping-ppsale.jpg
    2012 On One Whippet 650b
    2012 Santa Cruz TRc 650b
    2014 On One Dirty Disco
    2010 Soma Groove
    1987 Haro RS1

mtbr member

2014 Pricepoint strikes again

Quote Originally Posted by ljsmith View Post
    Pricepoint has 15% off and free shipping for orders over $199. I have not been a big Pricepoint fan lately, mainly because they charge so much for shipping, but this is a decent offer.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PPsale.JPG 
Views:	300 
Size:	94.2 KB 
ID:	900088
    I'd like to echo your statement of, "I have not been a big Pricepoint fan lately." Mainly because of the drop in service quality and their quick flipflop on their free shipping for good promotion.

This is another case of Pricepoint saying one thing and doing another. The e-mail says to see the website for details, and the website (and image above) only says:

Valid for domestic ground shipping only. Overweight/Oversize shipping charges on select items still apply. Excludes select 2014 In-line items and bikes and frames.

So last night I put a bunch of things in my cart, including a Park HHP-2 Bearing Cup Press, which is a little north of $150 on it's own.

My cart has $300 in stuff, but no discount. Zero.

I go digging and digging for some terms that say why I'm not getting the discount. It's an hour after Pricepoint has closed, so even though I call, I'm not surprised that I can't get them on the phone.

I remove hot buys, I remove clearance items, I fiddle with my cart until finally I realize that the Park Tool doesn't qualify.

It's been out over five years, so I can't get my head around how it would be a 2014 in-line item, and it's on no special discount.

Now, when Pricepoint had a sale in March of this year, they did have terms that excluded Park Tools: (Tiered Savings Disclaimer | Discounted Mountain Bikes, Road Bikes and Cycling Gear at PricePoint.com)

Pricepoint 15% off with free shipping-noparktools.jpg

This time around there's no mention of Park or specific brands, just "select 2014 In-line items" which applies to a tool that's been around for 5+ years.

I called and tried to place my order by phone. That's when I was told, by the representative that I spoke with, that, "there are so many brands we aren't allowed to discount that we don't bother naming them all." That's literally what he told me. He put me on hold to ask a manager for an exception, but was told "no".

To many brands to list? When Nashbar has a 30% off one item promotion, they list a ton of fine print, so I never waste my time trying to buy something that's clearly listed in the terms as excluded. Apparently Pricepoint is hoping enough of us will waste enough time by the time we get to the checkout that we checkout with full price items.

Anyway, that's my vent. Be careful if you're shopping at Pricepoint, they're less friendly and transparent, and more duplicitous, in my opinion, than they used to be.

EDIT: I sent them a very similar email to what I posted here and they did get back to me, which I do appreciate. Hopefully future promotions will be more clear.
    Last edited by peteer01; 06-11-2014 at 01:04 PM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    On June 10 I decided to order XTR drivetrain on sale. Went to checkout and the price showed 679.85 with the fathers day deal. To Canada the shipping was 39.99 Great deal. Decided to add another XTR drivetrain. Price showed the discount for both and shipping went to 49.99 to Canada. Decided to add a couple of Conti Mountain Kings and the shipping went to 51.85.
    Ordered placed on tot he next day (June 11). Received an email from Marisol at PP. Address error on my part and the CC wont go through. After a little back and forth the problem was solved.
    June 12 received a shipping notice for the order. Only two conti's on the order. Damn.
    Plus the shipping costs are 49.99 for two folding tires.
    Called PP and spoke with Eddy. "Yeah we ran out of the XTR DT" so its not coming. I asked him to double check but no luck. He stated PP ran out June 3.
    I asked why the tires were shipped with no drive trains and no call or email to me. Eddy stated the order would just autofill with what's available. I said there was no way I would have bought the tires with 49.99 shipping. The order was for two XTR drive trains.
    Eddy offered me store credit for the shipping.

I declined Eddy's offer and said I would ship back the tires at PP's expense. Eddy argued for a minute Then agreed. PP will ship out a return mailer.

Pricepoint-if you are out of a product call/email.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mmmm View Post
    I declined Eddy's offer and said I would ship back the tires at PP's expense. Eddy argued for a minute Then agreed. PP will ship out a return mailer.

Pricepoint-if you are out of a product call/email.
    It seems like, if you initiate communication with them, they're not trying to do a bad job. And sometimes they simply do have a great deal that's worth jumping on. But yeah, it seems like you have to be willing to take a little bit of a risk with them these days.

I'm hoping they either stop offer occasional fantastic deals so I can just stop shopping there, or that they keep the great deals but iron out whatever's been going on in the last six months so their deals are fun again.

mtbr member
    hayes stroker gram on sale, just picked up front and rear for $180 after using weekend20 coupon