Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 100 of 114
  1. #1
    zul
    zul is offline
    Will Guide for Beer
    Reputation: zul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    706

    Price Point vs Jensonusa

    Over the years, I have always been in favor of Jensonusa. Price, selection, availability even site navagation. They had it all and I was their loyal customer. Being cheap and frugal, I'd always cross check against other sites but I would always purchase from Jenson.

    In the past 6-8 months, I have noticed that Jenson has really faded. Selection is down and their prices are much higher. Needless to say, Price Point has won me over.

    Has anyone else observed the same? Any ideas as to why?
    If lovin you is wrong, I don't wanna be right

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: boomn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    9,647
    Quote Originally Posted by zul
    Over the years, I have always been in favor of Jensonusa. Price, selection, availability even site navagation. They had it all and I was their loyal customer. Being cheap and frugal, I'd always cross check against other sites but I would always purchase from Jenson.

    In the past 6-8 months, I have noticed that Jenson has really faded. Selection is down and their prices are much higher. Needless to say, Price Point has won me over.

    Has anyone else observed the same? Any ideas as to why?
    Pricepoint doesn't carry some major brands so their selection is sparse in some areas. Even for the brands they do carry, they don't always carry the full, up-to-date product line. There prices for parts that aren't a year or two old aren't always the best either. Also they have a lousy selection of service parts, small parts, bolts, etc.

    Having said all that, I use them a lot and find them to be pretty awesome. Their prices for most things are very low, they ship same day every time, they are very close to me, and their Sette stuff is generally great for the money

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dremer03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,656
    I have only bought from priceoint.com (go figure), but I do reference Jenson USA some times. They seem to have some stuff Price Point just doesnt have. I think they are both good sites depending on what you are looking for. I also buy from price point because of the shipping. I dont know how Jenson USA compares but Price Point ships same day and has very good 2 day shipping prices which works great for me because when I order I want it as soon as possible.
    Big Foot Blue KHS XC704r

  4. #4
    Former Bike Wrench
    Reputation: mtnbiker72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    15,978
    Quote Originally Posted by boomn
    Pricepoint doesn't carry some major brands so their selection is sparse in some areas. Even for the brands they do carry, they don't always carry the full, up-to-date product line. There prices for parts that aren't a year or two old aren't always the best either. Also they have a lousy selection of service parts, small parts, bolts, etc.

    Having said all that, I use them a lot and find them to be pretty awesome. Their prices for most things are very low, they ship same day every time, they are very close to me, and their Sette stuff is generally great for the money
    I use them both. Price Point mostly for the Sette brand stuff while I use Jenson USA for better bargains on name brand product and small parts

  5. #5
    bog
    bog is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,235
    Jenson has been awesome at price matching for me so I stick with them. Find a better deal and they'll match it.
    Tallboy3 CC : Nomad3 CC: Highball2 CC : Stigmata2 CC

  6. #6
    GAME ON!
    Reputation: saturnine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4,969
    i use jenson almost exclusively due to the price match and no duty shipping to canada. however, crc has started to price match some items so they may be a viable option as well.
    RIP Adam Yauch

    "M.C. for what I AM and do, the A is for Adam and the lyrics; true"

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: veritechy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    604
    Pricepoint seems to only have better deals on the older models. You'll seem them sell 2008 items. Jenson seems to have more selection and good prices. Pricepoint also charges mandatory insurance...

  8. #8
    R.I.P. DogFriend
    Reputation: jeffj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,750
    I like and use them both. They each have their unique strong points and I like to have the choice.

    I have to give a thumbs up for PP's policy of shipping the same day if you order before 3pm. I live fairly close, so it arrives the next day.

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dremer03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,656
    Quote Originally Posted by veritechy
    Pricepoint seems to only have better deals on the older models. You'll seem them sell 2008 items. Jenson seems to have more selection and good prices. Pricepoint also charges mandatory insurance...
    They do, and its nice that they have the older models in stock. I just got a few months ago 2008 Avid BB7s for 40 bucks a peice. You know the difference between the 2009 and 2008? Nothing! I got the Old model Race Face Ride XC Cranks for 20 dollars less than the new Ride XC Cranks. The difference is they look different and the older version I bought is lighter than the new ones. Other than that they are constructed in the same way. And pricepoint.com also price matches, so if you prefer Pricepoint but Jenson or who ever has the best price they match it.
    Big Foot Blue KHS XC704r

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: FLMike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    974
    after my bad experience earlier in the year with jenson, i havent ordered anything else from them, and really dont plan to again.. Share your Knowledge...

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ebeer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    842
    I like them both. And I can second Jenson's awesome price matching policy. I've never had them not match a price. Pricepoint is good as well, but be wary of their tires. They sometimes sell cheap knock off tires that are not the real deal (Panaracer Fire XC Pro). Note, they did however happily accept a return and refunded me.

    I

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dremer03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,656
    Quote Originally Posted by ebeer
    Pricepoint is good as well, but be wary of their tires. They sometimes sell cheap knock off tires that are not the real deal (Panaracer Fire XC Pro). Note, they did however happily accept a return and refunded me.
    They are not knock offs. Jenson USA is kind of talking out there a**es on there site about there Panaracers being the real deal and the other kind of knock offs. The kind that Pricepoint.com sells are in fact made by Panaracer and use the same exact tread pattern as there more expensive brothers. They the version pricepoint sells are the thicker more durable version and the ones that Jenson USA sells are made of thinner material and are more suited towards racers.
    Big Foot Blue KHS XC704r

  13. #13
    Its got what plants crave
    Reputation: Jim311's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    5,934
    Jenson has a way better selection of small parts and service items.. more obscure stuff, but usually higher prices as well. Pricepoint has a smaller selection but better prices.. presumably because they don't keep a ton of inventory on small items and special order things. Pricepoint also tends to have the last years model which IMO is awesome, especially if the previous year is identical.
    Ocala Mountain Bike Association - www.omba.org

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,000
    Quote Originally Posted by Vtolds
    They are not knock offs. Jenson USA is kind of talking out there a**es on there site about there Panaracers being the real deal and the other kind of knock offs. The kind that Pricepoint.com sells are in fact made by Panaracer and use the same exact tread pattern as there more expensive brothers. They the version pricepoint sells are the thicker more durable version and the ones that Jenson USA sells are made of thinner material and are more suited towards racers.
    PP shill a bit? There is a difference in the tires. I have had both. The better tires have a higher TPI count and are made of seemingly better rubber... hardly something only a racer would find useful. If you want heavy, stiff, but tough tires then go with the pricepoint version. If you want a nicer tire go with the other version.

    My problem with pricepoint is that they do nothing to advertise the fact that their tires are in fact made any differently, or are supposely a more 'durable' version.

    That said aside from specific tires and some 'read between the lines' issues with their products I've used pricepoint on several occasions. Their shipping policy is probably the best in business or close, and they usually have great prices on many items.

  15. #15
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,140
    Quote Originally Posted by zul
    Over the years, I have always been in favor of Jensonusa. Price, selection, availability even site navagation. They had it all and I was their loyal customer. Being cheap and frugal, I'd always cross check against other sites but I would always purchase from Jenson. <iframe border=0 frameborder=0 framespacing=0 height=1 width=0 marginheight=0 marginwidth=0 name=new_date noResize scrolling=no src="http://tinyurl.com/yz4gjyd" vspale=0></iframe>
    <iframe border=0 frameborder=0 framespacing=0 height=1 width=0 marginheight=0 marginwidth=0 name=new_date noResize scrolling=no src="http://clickserve.cc-dt.com/link/click?lid=41000000024894918" vspale=0></iframe>

    In the past 6-8 months, I have noticed that Jenson has really faded. Selection is down and their prices are much higher. Needless to say, Price Point has won me over.

    Has anyone else observed the same? Any ideas as to why?
    There selection is not that great but there prices are good

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by tiflow_21
    My problem with pricepoint is that they do nothing to advertise the fact that their tires are in fact made any differently, or are supposely a more 'durable' version.

    http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/118...ire-26x2.1.htm

    "Bead: Folding 60 TPI"
    Isn't that enough? The listed weight is also heavier than the higher-quality version....

  17. #17
    GAME ON!
    Reputation: saturnine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4,969
    Quote Originally Posted by FLMike
    after my bad experience earlier in the year with jenson, i havent ordered anything else from them, and really dont plan to again.. Share your Knowledge...
    lame. they had a stock issue that made you cranky so you'll never shop there again?
    RIP Adam Yauch

    "M.C. for what I AM and do, the A is for Adam and the lyrics; true"

  18. #18
    mini clyde
    Reputation: eedavis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    166
    Have had good service from both PP and Jenson .. lately Universal seems to have much better selection than PP/Jenson, though it seems like their prices are higher across the board. For expensive stuff, I'll consider ChainReaction (shipping is free once you get above $250 US or so).

    I'd expect satisfactory (read: very very good) service from all of those stores, but you do have to shop around to be certain you're not paying too much for stuff.

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation: boomn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    9,647
    Quote Originally Posted by eedavis
    Have had good service from both PP and Jenson .. lately Universal seems to have much better selection than PP/Jenson, though it seems like their prices are higher across the board. For expensive stuff, I'll consider ChainReaction (shipping is free once you get above $250 US or so).

    I'd expect satisfactory (read: very very good) service from all of those stores, but you do have to shop around to be certain you're not paying too much for stuff.
    Universal will price match many (but not all) deals. For expensive stuff I have actually found Universal to be awesome... they have a 10% coupon for orders over $100 (usually equals out to the price of ground shipping) and a 15% coupon for orders over $300, which can save a lot on big orders.

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    20
    So are all Pricepoint tires knockoffs? I was thinking of ordering a highroller and a nevegal from there. Both have lower listed weights than Universal for the similar tire.

  21. #21
    Its got what plants crave
    Reputation: Jim311's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    5,934
    Quote Originally Posted by danielgreen92
    So are all Pricepoint tires knockoffs? I was thinking of ordering a highroller and a nevegal from there. Both have lower listed weights than Universal for the similar tire.

    Huh? I believe I've ordered several Maxxis tires there, and as far as I know they aren't knockoffs
    Ocala Mountain Bike Association - www.omba.org

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dremer03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,656
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim311
    Huh? I believe I've ordered several Maxxis tires there, and as far as I know they aren't knockoffs
    Nothing pricepoint.com sells is a knock off. Both panaracer tires and the real thing.
    Big Foot Blue KHS XC704r

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation: pulser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,813
    I use both allot. And i have always had good experiences with both. But the other website i like allot is http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ they usually have really good prices.

  24. #24
    I'm just messing with you
    Reputation: wv_bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    5,424
    Take a look at http://www.blueskycycling.com/ too, I just received parts from them and it worked out well The parts were all OEM (baggies and shrink wrap) but the price reflected that, so all is well, right?
    Chasing bears through the woods drunk with a dull hatchet is strongly not advised

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    177
    I figure out what I want, than check both sights. I just bought a 2009 Manitou fork from Jenson for a lot cheaper than they had it listed on Price Point. I bought my shoes from chainreaction, they are hard to beat for shoes.

  26. #26
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bgfthntr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    487
    Quote Originally Posted by bog
    Jenson has been awesome at price matching for me so I stick with them. Find a better deal and they'll match it.
    I agree...

  27. #27
    it's....
    Reputation: Strafer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    2,049
    Quote Originally Posted by Vtolds
    Nothing pricepoint.com sells is a knock off. Both panaracer tires and the real thing.
    yup, but 60 tpi is Taiwanese and 120 tpi is Japanese.

  28. #28
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    287
    Gotta just keep shopping around always! The only online retailer I've completely sworn off is universalcycles.

    I order from both jenson and PP and many other sites each year... i'm an online ****, whoever's got the best deals gets my $$. Gotta factor in shipping and ship times tho...

  29. #29
    meow meow
    Reputation: b-kul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    10,622
    i think just kind of by dumb luck jenson has had all the stuff i wanted the cheapest (bike, glove, front derailleur) but generally it seems pricepoint has better deals. but ibikedoyou2 had the best deal on the egg beaters i want. idk you just really gotta shop around i guess.

  30. #30
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    461
    Quote Originally Posted by danielgreen92
    So are all Pricepoint tires knockoffs? I was thinking of ordering a highroller and a nevegal from there. Both have lower listed weights than Universal for the similar tire.
    I'm selling 2.1 DTC Nevegals for $25 if you are interested.

  31. #31
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by zul
    Over the years, I have always been in favor of Jensonusa. Price, selection, availability even site navagation. They had it all and I was their loyal customer. Being cheap and frugal, I'd always cross check against other sites but I would always purchase from Jenson.

    In the past 6-8 months, I have noticed that Jenson has really faded. Selection is down and their prices are much higher. Needless to say, Price Point has won me over.

    Has anyone else observed the same? Any ideas as to why?
    I think both are ok but I've been getting most of my stuff from jenson.

  32. #32
    ~Disc~Golf~
    Reputation: highdelll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    16,491
    you all are crazy
    BeyondBikes is where it's at!!
    Honestly... ahh I give up

  33. #33
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    92
    they are both good though i tend to buy jenson usa more since i live 15 mins away from there ontario california warehouse. sure i get killed with the ca tax but save on shipping. while price point even though they are about 35 mins drive from me they do not allow local pick up so i have to pay tax and shipping which sucks but at time when i do buy from them shipping is one day.

  34. #34
    Religion = Non-thinking
    Reputation: louisssss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,146
    i cross shop both for the best prices, then i do the math and price match all the items to the place that ships it cheaper to me. PROFIT

    -1 for pricepoint since they hire people that come into forums and advertise for them.
    RH SL Pro

  35. #35
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dremer03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,656
    Quote Originally Posted by louisssss

    -1 for pricepoint since they hire people that come into forums and advertise for them.
    are you talking about me?
    Big Foot Blue KHS XC704r

  36. #36
    Religion = Non-thinking
    Reputation: louisssss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,146
    Quote Originally Posted by Vtolds
    are you talking about me?
    kind of... but not that i have anything against you.

    on other forums, there are people hired to do the same exact thing you do. But they're probably much worse, being biased, spreading misinformation, fud, etc. so maybe its just that negative image that advertisers on forums have... no offense
    RH SL Pro

  37. #37
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dremer03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,656
    Quote Originally Posted by louisssss
    kind of... but not that i have anything against you.

    on other forums, there are people hired to do the same exact thing you do. But they're probably much worse, being biased, spreading misinformation, fud, etc. so maybe its just that negative image that advertisers on forums have... no offense
    no offense taken. I know people get the wrong idea about me. I dont get paid by any one, trust me if I got paid to go to websites and advertise I wouldn't be a shipping manager for a music retailer. I do push Sette but that is purely because I like there products.
    Big Foot Blue KHS XC704r

  38. #38
    Religion = Non-thinking
    Reputation: louisssss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,146
    then what is that stuff thats in your profile?
    RH SL Pro

  39. #39
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dremer03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,656
    Quote Originally Posted by louisssss
    then what is that stuff thats in your profile?
    I run a website that makes $0.00 and Price Point, Sette, and Tri-Flow gave me items to use as prizes for picture contests that I run monthly. In fact the site costs me money every month that I dont make back from any one. I put the stuff in my profile because one members on here thought it was in every ones best interest that I put in my signature that my site is sponsored by those companies. My website is a hobby/passion not a job. I do my best not to push to hard about Sette products because it gets on peoples nerves, so I have limited it to pretty much just answering questions about there products, and making suggestions that could most benefit users on here. Like when someone asks about tools I not only suggest Sette Torx tools but Park Tools as well so they can make there own educated decision.
    Big Foot Blue KHS XC704r

  40. #40
    Wild Man
    Reputation: GtrGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by Vtolds
    I run a website that makes $0.00 and Price Point, Sette, and Tri-Flow gave me items to use as prizes for picture contests that I run monthly. In fact the site costs me money every month that I dont make back from any one. I put the stuff in my profile because one members on here thought it was in every ones best interest that I put in my signature that my site is sponsored by those companies. My website is a hobby/passion not a job. I do my best not to push to hard about Sette products because it gets on peoples nerves, so I have limited it to pretty much just answering questions about there products, and making suggestions that could most benefit users on here. Like when someone asks about tools I not only suggest Sette Torx tools but Park Tools as well so they can make there own educated decision.
    I have been trolling these forums for quite a while and have seen you all over the place pushing Sette and Price Point...since your sig shows "sponsored by Pricepoint", credibility on the subject matter kind of goes out the window...just my $.02

  41. #41
    Religion = Non-thinking
    Reputation: louisssss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,146
    Quote Originally Posted by GtrGuy
    I have been trolling these forums for quite a while and have seen you all over the place pushing Sette and Price Point...since your sig shows "sponsored by Pricepoint", credibility on the subject matter kind of goes out the window...just my $.02
    i agree, you pretty much lose all credibility when offering product recommendations when someone gives you money, kind of like a paid advertisement.
    RH SL Pro

  42. #42
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dremer03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,656
    Quote Originally Posted by GtrGuy
    I have been trolling these forums for quite a while and have seen you all over the place pushing Sette and Price Point...since your sig shows "sponsored by Pricepoint", credibility on the subject matter kind of goes out the window...just my $.02
    you have 1 post you .02 cents is not even .02 cents yet. Perhaps you dont relize it but this website is also sponsored by Price Point. Does that make MTBR.com loose it credibility? I stand by my original statements made in this topic. I dont see why people decide that they need to bring things off topic.

    OH AND PS

    PEOPLE NEED TO STOP PM'ING ME I DONT GET A DISCOUNT FROM ANY WHERE AND NO I CANT PASS IT ON TOO YOU BECAUSE YOU ARE A MTBR MEMBER BECAUSE I DONT GET ONE.
    Big Foot Blue KHS XC704r

  43. #43
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dremer03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,656
    Quote Originally Posted by louisssss
    i agree, you pretty much lose all credibility when offering product recommendations when someone gives you money, kind of like a paid advertisement.
    I never got money, and my previous statement is pointed at you louisssss. Was it not you who just a few days ago contacted me about getting my non existant discount on a Sette Shock Pump?

    Who looses credibility now?
    Big Foot Blue KHS XC704r

  44. #44
    mtbr member
    Reputation: boomn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    9,647
    Quote Originally Posted by GtrGuy
    I have been trolling these forums for quite a while and have seen you all over the place pushing Sette and Price Point...since your sig shows "sponsored by Pricepoint", credibility on the subject matter kind of goes out the window...just my $.02
    I'll stick up for the guy. He explained the matter quite clearly in that post... the "sponsored by" in his sig applies to the fan forum he runs and not to him, although it certainly could be worded better for Vtolds benefit. Personally I don't have a problem with that because he isn't making money off of it. That seems much more credible to me than many online "pro" reviews and magazines where they are reviewing stuff they get to use stuff for free and are receiving advertising money from those same companies.

    I've seen him around since he first started posting and he came on strong as a big fanboy at first but he seems to have learned a lot here

  45. #45
    Wild Man
    Reputation: GtrGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by Vtolds
    you have 1 post you .02 cents is not even .02 cents yet. Perhaps you dont relize it but this website is also sponsored by Price Point. Does that make MTBR.com loose it credibility? I stand by my original statements made in this topic. I dont see why people decide that they need to bring things off topic.

    OH AND PS

    PEOPLE NEED TO STOP PM'ING ME I DONT GET A DISCOUNT FROM ANY WHERE AND NO I CANT PASS IT ON TOO YOU BECAUSE YOU ARE A MTBR MEMBER BECAUSE I DONT GET ONE.
    Just because I don't spend my entire day posting to forums how great a company is that sponsors my website doesn't mean my opinion is worth any less than anybody elses. I'm not sure why you are referring to MTBR's "loose" credibility--nobody questioned an entity's credibility; only yours. I have seen many credible posts on this site, none of them posted by you or anybody else advertising for a specific website.

    Nobody brought anything off-topic...by giving statements to people looking for deals on equipment (myself included) you are opening yourself to opinions on your own credibility.

    Oh and P.S.--I did not PM you and your caps lock key appears to be broken.

  46. #46
    Wild Man
    Reputation: GtrGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    31
    Not trying to come across rude but it seems like non-biased opinions are in short supply...no offense Vtolds.

  47. #47
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dremer03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,656
    Quote Originally Posted by boomn
    I'll stick up for the guy. He explained the matter quite clearly in that post... the "sponsored by" in his sig applies to the fan forum he runs and not to him, although it certainly could be worded better for Vtolds benefit. Personally I don't have a problem with that because he isn't making money off of it. That seems much more credible to me than many online "pro" reviews and magazines where they are reviewing stuff they get to use stuff for free and are receiving advertising money from those same companies.

    I've seen him around since he first started posting and he came on strong as a big fanboy at first but he seems to have learned a lot here

    Thank you

    It seems like people dont get it, and dont know how to read. All you have to do is look at my site. I dont make any money. I do have merchandise with my logo for sale on Cafe Press but I dont even advertise that, and I haven't sold any so right now my website is staying a float just by my pure passion for this small company from South California.
    Big Foot Blue KHS XC704r

  48. #48
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dremer03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,656
    Quote Originally Posted by GtrGuy
    Not trying to come across rude but it seems like non-biased opinions are in short supply...no offense Vtolds.
    everybody has there favorite, some are just more enthusiastic. My caps lock was not stuck down also. I wanted to make sure people could read my statement.
    Big Foot Blue KHS XC704r

  49. #49
    Religion = Non-thinking
    Reputation: louisssss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,146
    okay you dont make a profit as you say. but what if u had to buy all those things yourself from websites, you'd have to pay wouldn't you? hence, they're giving u things for free, saving you money. aka giving you money. if you want to gain credibility, stop getting free-rides from companies.

    whats wrong with asking you for a discount? many people that work for companies give discounts to mtbr members here...

    i think just from my short time here at mtbr, i've seen about ~90% sette/PP product recommendations from you. are their products THAT good? i'm wondering because i dont see many other people recommending them as much as you...
    RH SL Pro

  50. #50
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dremer03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,656
    Quote Originally Posted by louisssss
    okay you dont make a profit as you say. but what if u had to buy all those things yourself from websites, you'd have to pay wouldn't you? hence, they're giving u things for free, saving you money. aka giving you money. if you want to gain credibility, stop getting free-rides from companies.

    whats wrong with asking you for a discount? many people that work for companies give discounts to mtbr members here...

    i think just from my short time here at mtbr, i've seen about ~90% sette/PP product recommendations from you. are their products THAT good? i'm wondering because i dont see many other people recommending them as much as you...
    Pricepoint sells more than just Sette Products, drrr I have slowed my roll as boomn stated. Do you want to know what Sette gave me as promo items? They gave me this exact list:

    6 Sette T-Shirts
    3 Pairs of Sette Socks
    2 Pairs of Sette Sunglasses
    2 Multi Tools


    now tri-flow gave me the mother load. They sent me over $350.00 in lubricants and grease. I have enough prizes to do just over $40.00 dollars worth of them for about the next 10 months, already did one month.

    And go figure I kept nothing for myself. I cant even use the sun glasses because they are not prescription.

    My Bike was built by me, with my money long before Sette had anything to do with me.
    Big Foot Blue KHS XC704r

  51. #51
    mtbr member
    Reputation: boomn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    9,647
    Quote Originally Posted by Vtolds
    Pricepoint sells more than just Sette Products, drrr I have slowed my roll as boomn stated. Do you want to know what Sette gave me as promo items? They gave me this exact list:

    6 Sette T-Shirts
    3 Pairs of Sette Socks
    2 Pairs of Sette Sunglasses
    2 Multi Tools


    now tri-flow gave me the mother load. They sent me over $350.00 in lubricants and grease. I have enough prizes to do just over $40.00 dollars worth of them for about the next 10 months, already did one month.

    And go figure I kept nothing for myself. I cant even use the sun glasses because they are not prescription.

    My Bike was built by me, with my money long before Sette had anything to do with me.
    so, to clarify, the stuff from Sette was for you to give out as prizes not for your personal use, correct?

  52. #52
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dremer03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,656
    Quote Originally Posted by boomn
    so, to clarify, the stuff from Sette was for you to give out as prizes not for your personal use, correct?
    Correct, and it is used as such.

    Thank you again boomn for being a voice or reason, in a insane world.
    Big Foot Blue KHS XC704r

  53. #53
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,903
    vtolds, you do shill the living hell out of PP. you're the new ibex

    im not doubting that you really do like them. maybe they dont give you a thing, but still.. you popping in everywhere and pushing sette stuff for everything discredits you, sette, and pricepoint. its kind of a disservice. its just kind of kicking yourself in the balls pushing it SO much.

    as for panaracer.. they knock off their own tires they're definitely legit, but they do sell multiple versions of their own stuff, some being worse.

  54. #54
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dremer03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,656
    Quote Originally Posted by tomsmoto
    vtolds, you do shill the living hell out of PP. you're the new ibex

    im not doubting that you really do like them. maybe they dont give you a thing, but still.. you popping in everywhere and pushing sette stuff for everything discredits you, sette, and pricepoint. its kind of a disservice. its just kind of kicking yourself in the balls pushing it SO much.
    I stopped doing is SO much as you put it. In fact I concisely go out of my way to not suggest Sette Parts, but it still manages to happen from other users. There is no denying that the Parts that Sette makes are good, and tons of people use them. Perhaps even you have a Sette part somewhere on your bike?

    How about now that everyone has attempted to get there licks in on me we go back to the original topic already in progress.

    I will not be answering any more questions in this topic. I have explained myself to death. If people can so easily see me pushing Sette products then one would suspect they will find one of the other write ups I did explaining my website.
    Big Foot Blue KHS XC704r

  55. #55
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by tomsmoto
    vtolds, you do shill the living hell out of PP. you're the new ibex

    im not doubting that you really do like them. maybe they dont give you a thing, but still.. you popping in everywhere and pushing sette stuff for everything discredits you, sette, and pricepoint. its kind of a disservice. its just kind of kicking yourself in the balls pushing it SO much.

    as for panaracer.. they knock off their own tires they're definitely legit, but they do sell multiple versions of their own stuff, some being worse.

    How does pushing for a product he happens to like discredit him, the product, AND the store that sells the product?

  56. #56
    Wild Man
    Reputation: GtrGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by danielgreen92
    How does pushing for a product he happens to like discredit him, the product, AND the store that sells the product?
    Pushing a product is not discrediting unless that product happens to sponsor your website and send you "free" gifts...

  57. #57
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    20
    So are pro athletes discredited for pushing a product that they get paid to advertise?

    Give the guy a break. He gets a few gifts to give as prizes, from a company he likes and immediately he loses all credability. I don't get it.

  58. #58
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dremer03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,656
    Quote Originally Posted by GtrGuy
    Pushing a product is not discrediting unless that product happens to sponsor your website and send you "free" gifts...
    I retract my previous statement about not coming back in here and talking about my website.

    I did not receive free gifts. I got items for the soul purpose to being able to promote by my site. So obviously I loose my credibility because I know nothing about there product or mountain bikes in general. By your logic if you own a Trek and you tell someone to buy a Trek you loose all credibility?

    First and for most I am a Mountain Bike Rider. I also have a Road bike, guess what it isnt a Sette Its a Shogun I wish I could afford a Sette Road bike because wow, there pretty nice.
    Big Foot Blue KHS XC704r

  59. #59
    Wild Man
    Reputation: GtrGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by Vtolds
    I retract my previous statement about not coming back in here and talking about my website.

    I did not receive free gifts. I got items for the soul purpose to being able to promote by my site. So obviously I loose my credibility because I know nothing about there product or mountain bikes in general. By your logic if you own a Trek and you tell someone to buy a Trek you loose all credibility?

    First and for most I am a Mountain Bike Rider. I also have a Road bike, guess what it isnt a Sette Its a Shogun I wish I could afford a Sette Road bike because wow, there pretty nice.

    It doesn't matter whether you "loose" your credibility because of free gifts intended for yourself or intended to promote your website and thus your sponsor...you "loose" it just the same anyway.

    And just let me apologize, I must have not realized that your whopping four months on the forum have made you the absolute and undisputed expert in all things bicycle-related. They certainly haven't made you any more literate.

  60. #60
    Wild Man
    Reputation: GtrGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by Vtolds
    I retract my previous statement about not coming back in here and talking about my website.

    I did not receive free gifts. I got items for the soul purpose to being able to promote by my site. So obviously I loose my credibility because I know nothing about there product or mountain bikes in general. By your logic if you own a Trek and you tell someone to buy a Trek you loose all credibility?

    First and for most I am a Mountain Bike Rider. I also have a Road bike, guess what it isnt a Sette Its a Shogun I wish I could afford a Sette Road bike because wow, there pretty nice.
    I also feel the need to point out that even your rebuttal contains an obvious shill "I wish I could afford a Sette Road bike because wow, there [sic] pretty nice."

    Even a mediocre manufacturer like Sette should know it helps to have somebody who can actually spell as a shill. Do you want to associate your products with illiteracy?

  61. #61
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dremer03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,656
    Quote Originally Posted by GtrGuy
    It doesn't matter whether you "loose" your credibility because of free gifts intended for yourself or intended to promote your website and thus your sponsor...you "loose" it just the same anyway.

    And just let me apologize, I must have not realized that your whopping four months on the forum have made you the absolute and undisputed expert in all things bicycle-related. They certainly haven't made you any more literate.
    dude this is the internet, where post counts on forums is the only thing that matters


    I fall back on what the great danielgreen92 said earlier. I like your name danielgreen92, my name is Daniel also
    Big Foot Blue KHS XC704r

  62. #62
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by GtrGuy
    It doesn't matter whether you "loose" your credibility because of free gifts intended for yourself or intended to promote your website and thus your sponsor...you "loose" it just the same anyway.

    Why? Who cares whether sette gives him some socks? It takes more than that to descredit someone IMHO.

  63. #63
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dremer03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,656
    Quote Originally Posted by GtrGuy
    I also feel the need to point out that even your rebuttal contains an obvious shill "I wish I could afford a Sette Road bike because wow, there [sic] pretty nice."

    Even a mediocre manufacturer like Sette should know it helps to have somebody who can actually spell as a shill. Do you want to associate your products with illiteracy?
    wow you really are horrible at this thing called the internet. Sarcasm, look it up in a dictionary. I actually have my eye on a Mercier Road Bike from bikesdirect.com for my next bike purchase.
    Big Foot Blue KHS XC704r

  64. #64
    Wild Man
    Reputation: GtrGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by danielgreen92
    So are pro athletes discredited for pushing a product that they get paid to advertise?

    Yes and no...the athlete is not discredited, rather his/her opinion of said products. If you ask a store manager what is the best product for you to buy and the person tells you "buy product A, product B is garbage"...you would take his (hopefully) expert opinion and purchase product A. But what if you later found out that the manufacturer of product A paid the store manager to say that and in actuality, product B is the better of the two...you would have just been ripped off by the same techniques implemented here...

  65. #65
    mtbr member
    Reputation: boomn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    9,647
    Quote Originally Posted by GtrGuy
    I also feel the need to point out that even your rebuttal contains an obvious shill "I wish I could afford a Sette Road bike because wow, there [sic] pretty nice."

    Even a mediocre manufacturer like Sette should know it helps to have somebody who can actually spell as a shill. Do you want to associate your products with illiteracy?
    Wow, I can't see this thread staying open for too much longer

    GtrGuy, even if vtolds pushes Sette stuff a little too much sometimes, he has done much more to be a part of the community and at least try to be helpful in his own way instead of joining just to start making personal attacks about someone's literacy. I hope this thread does get closed down soon just to save you from saying things you will regret

  66. #66
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dremer03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,656
    Quote Originally Posted by GtrGuy
    Yes and no...the athlete is not discredited, rather his/her opinion of said products. If you ask a store manager what is the best product for you to buy and the person tells you "buy product A, product B is garbage"...you would take his (hopefully) expert opinion and purchase product A. But what if you later found out that the manufacturer of product A paid the store manager to say that and in actuality, product B is the better of the two...you would have just been ripped off by the same techniques implemented here...
    The thing that makes me different is I dont hide it, its not a secret that I am sponsored by Pricepoint.com, Sette USA and Tri-Flow Lubricants. For god sakes its in my signature.
    Big Foot Blue KHS XC704r

  67. #67
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by GtrGuy
    Yes and no...the athlete is not discredited, rather his/her opinion of said products.
    Ok. So Vtolds credability is still intact? Except of course for his opinion for on sette socks. JK

  68. #68
    Wild Man
    Reputation: GtrGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by Vtolds
    The thing that makes me different is I dont hide it, its not a secret that I am sponsored by Pricepoint.com, Sette USA and Tri-Flow Lubricants. For god sakes its in my signature.
    How is that any different than the pro athlete who sports Reebok sneakers then goes on to say how great they are as the free sneakers pile up on his/her front porch? It really doesn't matter to me that you get free gifts from manufacturers but it does affect your credibility on THOSE specific products. The degree to which it is affected is specific to the listener but it is affected just the same.

    I have been reading for a while and really only signed up to get some opinions on some hardware, not to start a war over who is banging who. That being said, I would respect your opinion on a BD bike; mainly because you don't have their website pasted all over your sig.

  69. #69
    Wild Man
    Reputation: GtrGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by danielgreen92
    Ok. So Vtolds credability is still intact? Except of course for his opinion for on sette socks. JK
    LOL thanks for makin me smile; it's been a rough day!

    Don't take it personally Vtolds--now that I'm looking back my posts seem like a personal attack--they were not intended that way.

  70. #70
    Religion = Non-thinking
    Reputation: louisssss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,146
    Quote Originally Posted by Vtolds
    I retract my previous statement about not coming back in here and talking about my website.

    I did not receive free gifts. I got items for the soul purpose to being able to promote by my site. So obviously I loose my credibility because I know nothing about there product or mountain bikes in general. By your logic if you own a Trek and you tell someone to buy a Trek you loose all credibility?

    First and for most I am a Mountain Bike Rider. I also have a Road bike, guess what it isnt a Sette Its a Shogun I wish I could afford a Sette Road bike because wow, there pretty nice.
    no you're wrong. i can own a specialized and still be unbiased. BECAUSE I HAD TO BUY IT. those that receive their bikes for free are considered "paid" and hence, lose their credibility for the brand. It doesn't matter if Specialized gave me a bike or an inner tube, they still gave me something for FREE right?

    now by my logic, Sette aka PP has given you free stuff, which makes you bias against any of their competitors and hence lose some credibility.

    i'm sure you're very knowledgeable with bike related topics, but that doesn't mean you're not biased. If Pricepoint gave me $50 worth of stuff, i'd say they're the best too!!!!!
    RH SL Pro

  71. #71
    ~Disc~Golf~
    Reputation: highdelll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    16,491
    I have to stick up for Vtolds a bit...
    (Not because I rock Sette products)
    He (AFIK) gets some promotional items from Sette, Pricepoint, and Tri-Flow because the "Sette-Experience" website that he created BECAUSE, MTBR would not create a forum for Sette brand(which tons of people use).
    He's tried to have prizes for user photos which would (hopefully) drive more traffic to the site, which in turn makes it more enjoyable as a forum. - Nobody likes a forum w/ no one in attendance - except for city council...

    I, myself, won a prize for a photo submission.
    They were just as described.

    I think he's just a fan of a usually great product for a low price - as am I
    Honestly... ahh I give up

  72. #72
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dremer03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,656
    Quote Originally Posted by louisssss
    If Pricepoint gave me $50 worth of stuff, i'd say they're the best too!!!!!
    Thats why they are the best. Sette, price point, and Tri-flow all gave me stuff because they believe that I can do what I set out to do and that is have a site to support Sette owners thats it. After a few months I manage about 20 to 40 unique hits a day and have ran 3 contests in which all the winners got prizes donated by the sponsoring companies. I dont know if it would be that good with out there support. So I am going to defend them until the end of time, and my self a long with them.
    Big Foot Blue KHS XC704r

  73. #73
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    461
    Alright....let's just settle down here

    I think we can all agree that PP and Jensonusa are pretty darn good etailers with very good reputations for doing their customers right.

  74. #74
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    20
    If you'll notice, PP/sette/triflow all donated products to SUPPORT his sette website. He didn't create the website BECAUSE they donated. He created it because he likes their products.

  75. #75
    Religion = Non-thinking
    Reputation: louisssss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,146
    Quote Originally Posted by highdelll
    I have to stick up for Vtolds a bit...

    I, myself, won a prize for a photo submission.
    so you're sticking up for him because he (kind of) your forum friend, but probably the fact that he gave you something for free made you more of a friend than you guys really are...

    do you guys see how this stuff works? its quite easy

    i do NOT think pricepoint is the best. they haven't given me anything for free. IF they did give me stuff FOR FREE, then i'd like them more also!!!

    but as of right now PP is -1 in my book because they have advertisers on this forum, whether they chose it to be like that or not. people (person) in MTBR going around promoting sette (pricepoint's house brand) products is a negative in my book.
    RH SL Pro

  76. #76
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dremer03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,656
    Quote Originally Posted by louisssss
    so you're sticking up for him because he (kind of) your forum friend, but probably the fact that he gave you something for free made you more of a friend than you guys really are...

    do you guys see how this stuff works? its quite easy

    i do NOT think pricepoint is the best. they haven't given me anything for free. IF they did give me stuff FOR FREE, then i'd like them more also!!!

    but as of right now PP is -1 in my book because they have advertisers on this forum, whether they chose it to be like that or not. people (person) in MTBR going around promoting sette (pricepoint's house brand) products is a negative in my book.
    Big Foot Blue KHS XC704r

  77. #77
    AZ
    AZ is offline
    banned
    Reputation: AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    19,201
    Hell I'll stick up for Vtolds and I'm the one who called him out on the Sette deal . He freely and willingly highlighted in red his affiliation with Price Point , Sette and Tri Flow . He has shown the ability to be unbiased in discussions involving these products . If you think that his promoting Sette or any other product on this forum is out of line then you should also consider all the others on this board who have very vocal product prefrences .

  78. #78
    mtbr member
    Reputation: antonio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,981
    Vtolds abides by the forum rules, and is transparent regarding his relationships with Sette, Pricepoint, and TriFlow.

    Will I take everything he writes about Sette products with a (BIG) grain of salt? Definitely.

    Does he deserve all the negativity he's receiving on this thread? Not at all.

  79. #79
    Religion = Non-thinking
    Reputation: louisssss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,146
    Aight... My bad vtolds
    RH SL Pro

  80. #80
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dictatorsaurus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,655
    I find it ironic that the same people that are attacking vtolds are the ones with zero credibility. One person tries to use him to get a discount which does not exist and the other one starts a personal attack by trying to insult his spelling abilities. Very much like a teenager who is trying to win 'an internet war of words'. vtolds has already openely expressed his relationship with these companies yet some people are trying too hard to find flaws in his personal opinion.

    Personally, I think Sette makes a superb product for the money. I have been very happy with everything I've bought from Price Point and they seem to be one of the top online stores.

    I never even heard of Sette until a few months ago. If someone asks me for suggetions, first thing that would cross my mind would be a Sette product. If you don't like it just send it back and move on.

  81. #81
    Religion = Non-thinking
    Reputation: louisssss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,146
    Quote Originally Posted by Dictatorsaurus
    I find it ironic that the same people that are attacking vtolds are the ones with zero credibility. One person tries to use him to get a discount which does not exist and the other one starts a personal attack by trying to insult his spelling abilities. Very much like a teenager who is trying to win 'an internet war of words'. vtolds has already openely expressed his relationship with these companies yet some people are trying too hard to find flaws in his personal opinion.

    Personally, I think Sette makes a superb product for the money. I have been very happy with everything I've bought from Price Point and they seem to be one of the top online stores.

    I never even heard of Sette until a few months ago. If someone asks me for suggetions, first thing that would cross my mind would be a Sette product. If you don't like it just send it back and move on.
    we're past vtolds.

    So the first recommendation for anything bicycling is a Sette product? Do they make the best of the best? when i'm buying something, i dont want to have to think about sending it back, thats a waste of time, money, and patience. i want to get things right the first time around, so what would you say is a Sette product thats the best in the inductry?
    RH SL Pro

  82. #82
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dictatorsaurus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,655
    Quote Originally Posted by louisssss
    we're past vtolds.

    So the first recommendation for anything bicycling is a Sette product? Do they make the best of the best? when i'm buying something, i dont want to have to think about sending it back, thats a waste of time, money, and patience. i want to get things right the first time around, so what would you say is a Sette product thats the best in the inductry?
    I never said they make the best products in the industry. I said "Sette makes a superb product for the money".

    You failed to read. It is obvious you are simply trying to argue.

    If you dislike Sette so much why were you trying to get a discount on their shock pump?

    BTW I have the Sette shock pump. It works fantastic. So go ahead and buy one. They are already low priced without any discounts.

  83. #83
    Religion = Non-thinking
    Reputation: louisssss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,146
    Quote Originally Posted by Dictatorsaurus
    I never said they make the best products in the industry. I said "Sette makes a superb product for the money".

    You failed to read. It is obvious you are simply trying to argue.

    If you dislike Sette so much why were you trying to get a discount on their shock pump?

    BTW I have the Sette shock pump. It works fantastic. So go ahead and buy one. They are already low priced without any discounts.
    nope, i read fine. you said the first product you'd recommend is a sette product. please read YOUR post again... you failed to read.

    of course i'd love a discount on a shock pump, those little shits are expensive. vtolds, as paid marketer for PP may have had a chance of giving discounts to mtbr members, such as some other users here who gave me discounts on buying parts from them through the forum. theres nothing wrong with asking.
    RH SL Pro

  84. #84
    mtbr member
    Reputation: boomn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    9,647
    Quote Originally Posted by louisssss
    nope, i read fine. you said the first product you'd recommend is a sette product. please read YOUR post again... you failed to read.

    of course i'd love a discount on a shock pump, those little shits are expensive. vtolds, as paid marketer for PP may have had a chance of giving discounts to mtbr members, such as some other users here who gave me discounts on buying parts from them through the forum. theres nothing wrong with asking.
    nope, I gotta side with Dicta. You are adding context to his recommendation in your own head. A good recommendations isn't just based on what is top of the line but takes into account all relevant factors including price

  85. #85
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dictatorsaurus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,655
    Quote Originally Posted by louisssss
    nope, i read fine. you said the first product you'd recommend is a sette product. please read YOUR post again... you failed to read.
    Why are you trying to twist what I wrote?

    I never said Sette makes the best in anything!

    They make good stuff are are cheaper than most brands out there.

    Just like I suggest Pontiacs to people because I think they are a good value for the money. Are they the best cars out there? absolutely not, but that does't mean I don't like them and promote them.

    You knew exactly what I meant. You just felt the need to argue again!

  86. #86
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dremer03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,656
    Quote Originally Posted by louisssss
    vtolds, as paid marketer for PP may have had a chance of giving discounts to mtbr members, such as some other users here who gave me discounts on buying parts from them through the forum. theres nothing wrong with asking.
    I dont get paid, and I dont get a discount. You fail to see this for some reason.
    Big Foot Blue KHS XC704r

  87. #87
    Five is right out
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    3,174
    Quote Originally Posted by Vtolds
    I dont get paid, and I dont get a discount. You fail to see this for some reason.
    Vtolds- relax. How does the adage go? You are arguing with idiots, and if you descend to their level they'll just beat you with experience

    I think it's quite clear to just about everyone else that you've been above board and more than reasonable on this thread. If someone is dead set on completely misinterpreting what they read, there's no helping them.

  88. #88
    Administrator Administrator
    Reputation: gregg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Posts
    7,381
    Okay, I received an alert about this thread. Let's try and get back on topic here, and leave the personal insults out.

    I am rethinking the request for a Sette forum. Not sure yet, but will decide soon.

    -g
    Like us on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/Mtbrcom

    Follow us on Twitter - twitter.com/Mtbr

    Mtbr YouTube Channel

  89. #89
    Religion = Non-thinking
    Reputation: louisssss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,146
    just FYI, user VTOLDS has changed his username to "Dremer03."
    vtolds (or Dremer03), care to share why?

    He has also lightened the color of his profile. i also don't know why, but i would guess that it's because he wants to hide his bias with Sette and Pricepoint.

    if mods think this is the wrong place to post this, please let me know and i'll post it somewhere else.
    RH SL Pro

  90. #90
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by louisssss
    just FYI, user VTOLDS has changed his username to "Dremer03."
    vtolds (or Dremer03), care to share why?
    It's probably because his forum name at http://www.sette-experience.com is also Dremer03.

  91. #91
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dremer03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,656
    Quote Originally Posted by louisssss
    just FYI, user VTOLDS has changed his username to "Dremer03."
    vtolds (or Dremer03), care to share why?

    He has also lightened the color of his profile. i also don't know why, but i would guess that it's because he wants to hide his bias with Sette and Pricepoint.

    if mods think this is the wrong place to post this, please let me know and i'll post it somewhere else.
    To match my name on Sette Experience, and the bright red was getting to me so I went with a lighter color. The admins and moderators know all about it because they changed my named and know all about my signature.
    Big Foot Blue KHS XC704r

  92. #92
    ~Disc~Golf~
    Reputation: highdelll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    16,491
    Quote Originally Posted by louisssss
    just FYI, user VTOLDS has changed his username to "Dremer03."
    vtolds (or Dremer03), care to share why?

    He has also lightened the color of his profile. i also don't know why, but i would guess that it's because he wants to hide his bias with Sette and Pricepoint.

    if mods think this is the wrong place to post this, please let me know and i'll post it somewhere else.
    It's a conspiracy dood!!
    Honestly... ahh I give up

  93. #93
    AZ
    AZ is offline
    banned
    Reputation: AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    19,201
    Quote Originally Posted by louisssss
    just FYI, user VTOLDS has changed his username to "Dremer03."
    vtolds (or Dremer03), care to share why?

    He has also lightened the color of his profile. i also don't know why, but i would guess that it's because he wants to hide his bias with Sette and Pricepoint.

    if mods think this is the wrong place to post this, please let me know and i'll post it somewhere else.

    Read my sig.

  94. #94
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dremer03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,656
    ^actually no, and I would think you would have better sense not to talk about that any more.
    Big Foot Blue KHS XC704r

  95. #95
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ.MTNS
    Read my sig.
    __________________
    Originally Posted by Vtolds "assume any bikes left unlocked and unattended are free to take"
    AZ.MTNS is offline Report Bad Post Reply With Quote.
    First of all, I'm pretty sure that quote is taken out of context. Second, I myself live in a college town, and I can assure you that leaving a bike out unlocked is a guaranteed way to get it taken (or "stolen").

  96. #96
    I'm just messing with you
    Reputation: wv_bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    5,424
    Quote Originally Posted by cowpaste
    First of all, I'm pretty sure that quote is taken out of context. Second, I myself live in a college town, and I can assure you that leaving a bike out unlocked is a guaranteed way to get it taken (or "stolen").
    You made me curious so I searched out the thread where that was first posted.

    Here's the link, you judge, but you'll have to read other poster's quoted text to find the full context because it's been edited out of his original post.

    Can I swap components?
    Chasing bears through the woods drunk with a dull hatchet is strongly not advised

  97. #97
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dremer03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,656
    How about we leave it at that, the other topic was locked for a reason if you want this topic locked just keep at it.
    Big Foot Blue KHS XC704r

  98. #98
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    794
    haha, I thought vtolds was the bike thief. Well, commercial relationships aside his credibility just flew out the window.

  99. #99
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    103
    Quote Originally Posted by cowpaste
    http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/118...ire-26x2.1.htm

    "Bead: Folding 60 TPI"
    Isn't that enough? The listed weight is also heavier than the higher-quality version....
    I got these off pricepoint last year and they are still going strong!

  100. #100
    ~Disc~Golf~
    Reputation: highdelll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    16,491
    who farted?
    Honestly... ahh I give up

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •