Ski during the off-season

Price Point: 15% off + Free shipping = $189 per end for XTR Brake M988-B

Title says it all -- Price Point has a 15% off sale plus free shipping.

They price matched a "Easton Haven AM Carbon Handlebar 2012" from Blue Sky Cycling and took 15% off of it as well ;-)
    Last edited by journey; 07-30-2013 at 08:04 PM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    You got me on that title ..... I think you meant $189 per end, not the set. Still a good deal though.

Cheers

Just hit it with speed
    Quote Originally Posted by journey View Post
    Title says it all -- Price Point has a 15% off sale plus free shipping.

They price matched a "Easton Haven AM Carbon Handlebar 2012" from Blue Sky Cycling and took 15% off of it as well ;-)
    Was that handlebar on sale at Blue Sky?

Pricepoint says they won't price match if the item is on sale.

I want to price match the blue sky cycling Shimano SLX brakes from and rear.
    Don't hate on the minivan!!!!!!!

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    My friend just bought the Carbon Sette Razzo 29er X0 for 2250, shipped. You couldn't get a bike that well-equipped at a LBS for double the price. Incredible deal.

Quote Originally Posted by montananate View Post
    I think you meant $189 per end, not the set.
    Updated the title -- some places advertise a "brake set" to include the level and caliper for the frt or rear, but it is inconsistent, so your suggestion is makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by GFisher2001 View Post
    Was that handlebar on sale at Blue Sky? Pricepoint says they won't price match if the item is on sale.
    Now that my order is 'in the mail', I figured it was safe to respond. Actually, I guess I should wait till I check my order when it arrives on Sat...

The handlebar was on sale at BlueSky -- I just re-read PricePoint's policy and did see the comment about not price matching of items that are sale, clearance, etc.

Not sure why the person matched the price -- maybe it was because I was ordering frt & rear M988-B brakes, or the handlebar is a 2012 model, and PP has the 2013 model in stock as well.

mtbr member
    One of my buddies rides the Sette Razzo Carbon 29er....it's a lot of bike for the money.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Yeah, those Razzos do look cool. I'm wondering what sort of FS offerings they will have next year (not just from pricepoint), I understand Specialized's Horst Link patent expired a few months ago? If that's true, I imagine some interesting new FS models may come out soon.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by rzims View Post
    One of my buddies rides the Sette Razzo Carbon 29er....it's a lot of bike for the money.

I ride one as well, but I did a custom build for mine (XT brakes & crank). I almost bought the bike that my friend bought above, but it was a little more money at the time, I wanted Arch rims over Crest, and found a deal almost too good to be true on a separate build kit. If I had to make the decision today I would have went for the PP deal and worried about swapping wheels later.

mtbr member
    FYI Blue Sky has a better deal on XTR brakes at 179.99

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by clarkrw3 View Post
    Yeah, I just bought front and rear brakes from Blue Sky, as well as the Haven carbon handlebar mentioned above. Everything arrived two days after ordering, and the price is terrific!

mtbr member
    Thank you! Scored a front & rear Stan's ZTR Flow EX 650b wheelset on their 3.30HD hubs for $470 to my door. They include both the 15 & 20mm front adapters and 135 & 142mm adapters for the rear.
    I have a black belt in MS Paint.

2013 Santa Cruz Bronson Carbon
    2013 StumpJumper FSR Comp Carbon 29er

Quote Originally Posted by clarkrw3 View Post
    I had looked at brakes on bluesky as well. The actual price on PP was closer to 187 and change and that included shipping. I figured the BS price would be more with shipping. additionally, I decided to go for the newer model from pp (ie, the m988-b rather than the 2013 model m988) in case I decided to sell them in the next yeast or two. What was your out-the-door price from BS?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by journey View Post
    I had looked at brakes on bluesky as well. The actual price on PP was closer to 187 and change and that included shipping. I figured the BS price would be more with shipping. additionally, I decided to go for the newer model from pp (ie, the m988-b rather than the 2013 model m988) in case I decided to sell them in the next yeast or two. What was your out-the-door price from BS?
    Yeah, shipping was 12.25 but I bought a couple other things as well. So 179.98 x2 plus 12.25 shipping, but I couldn't pass up the Haven combo for 144 either