Thread: perormance bike

mtbr member

perormance bike

not sure what are they thinking but before todays 15% on everything they upped their prices so the item i was interested in and waited for labor day discount ended up to be same pprice as before. anyone has a promotion code i could use?

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Same thing here. I was looking at a cheap torque wrench they had for 59. Today with the big sale and discount it is 67. I guess they think we're idiots.

mtbr member

No good

Quote Originally Posted by ffc3 View Post
    Same thing here. I was looking at a cheap torque wrench they had for 59. Today with the big sale and discount it is 67. I guess they think we're idiots.
    Yes & Team Performance membership cost is up 300% over a few years ago. Theyve gotten bigger and absorbed more competitors & suck harder!

mtbr member
    Performance is known for this. They lure people in with news of a big sale and raise the regular price so the sale price is the same or close to the regular price. People who haven't done their homework think they're getting a good price when really they were just scammed.
    "Don't feel bad. A lot of people have no talent"

mtbr member
    Wow, never going to use them again. I think chainreaction does the same, almost all of the bashguards on sale were cheaper a few days ago, before this 'sale'. Its kind of insulting...
    "Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride." - John F. Kennedy

Setup:
    11' Giant XTC 2 29er

psycho cyclo addict
    Every retailer known to man lures people in with loss leaders other than Revolution Cycles in my area (which charges higher prices across the board over anything from Performance).

I tend not to be in a hurry (keep a stash of commonly used items at home on in the travel kit) and buy sale items during the year or wait until there is a 20% off almost everything sale. Bicyclebuys.com, Cambriabike.com and others have killer deals on occasion so you might want to look there.

mtbr member
    i just don't like how i have to ask the cashier to look up the online price on everything i buy in the store since most prices are cheaper online. jusr odd.
    - 1995 Giant ATX 890
    - 2011 Salsa El Mariachi XL

One Gear
    With Performance, you absolutely have to know what the item is worth before the sale, in order to still get a good deal during the sale. They do have some smokin' deals, but you have to be careful, and patient to get them.

FriendlyNeighborhoodMTBer
    Those words on a website are almost like a car salesman in your ear .

You can find great deals as long as you never take your eyes off the final price
    If you can't play, display.

is turning a big gear
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ffc3 View Post
    Buy it at HarborFreight.
    Get it unlocked.