Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jul 2006

Performancebike service is pretty shaky?

I ordered this last friday, the order was shipped on monday.
    Typical.

Thing is, i told them to ship my package by Fedex.
    But no, they ship it by USPS mail.

I have emailed them twice asking for a tracking number.
    And this is all i get

"Dear Customer:

Your order shipped on 8/14 via mail. Please allow 7-10 business days for delivery. Thank you.

Regards,

Kim

Customer Service
    "

I email them again

"But Is there a TRACKING number?"

"Dear Mr. Kuo,

Your order was shipped via US mail on 8/14/06. Shipping is normally 7-10 business days.

Regards,

Amy

Customer Service
    "

Cant they just answer my gosh dam question?
    And furthermore, why is it taking so long to ship to Norcal? They have shops everywhere in california. Usually i order things from SoCal it takes 2-3 days.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    That's a bummer ! I've always had good luck with Performance customer service. They don't ship from stores and they are headquartered in NC, that explains the long transit time.

Unless it's a really big package you might get lucky and get it tomorrow. I'm in NC and usually get 5 or 6 day service on USPS packages coming from CA.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    I order occasionally from Performance and have learned to not expect the package for at least a week.

Your problem is they shipped through the US Postal Service. If the item you ordered was small, they may have just used first class mail (no tracking information), but even if they used a service with tracking, USPS has terrible tracking information (in comparison to UPS, Fedex, or just about anyone else). On top of that, USPS delivery times for packages are extreeeeeeemly inconsistent. You can ship two packages to the same address, one will get there in a few days, the other may take a couple of weeks or longer. The good news is you probably will eventually get your stuff.

Not a bad idea to recheck your order to make sure you gave the correct address.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Yeah, what im really pissed about isnt the transit time, but on the website it lets you choose what shipping service.

I chose Standard home ground which is fedex, according to their website.
    But they sent it by US mail, which is the option i DID not choose -.-

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Same here--bad serivice. I told them to ship US mail and they shipped FedEX. Then they overcharged me $20 and are making me prove that they overcharged me. Still haven't received any refund. They also didn't credit my performance club account because their system didn't register my number when I put it in (how am I supposed to know that). I sent them a detailed email with each of these concerns and the rep didn't answer any of my questions--its like they don't even read the email. Ugh. Pisses me off bigtime.

Don't touch me!
    I did a little follow up the other night after my order. When you choose home(FedEx), they ship FedEx Smartpost. Basically, FedEx moves the packages from the warehouse to USPS for delivery.

Fed Ex shipped my package from Chapel Hill, NC to Martinsburg, WV where it sat for 2 days. The kicker is they sent it back to NC (Charlotte!) where USPS took care of their end. It took USPS 1 day to move it to my house in SC from there. I'm more upset with FedEx's Smartpostthan anything else.
    [SIZE=3]No offense to KB, but if I see another "Strong, light, cheap. Pick two" line on this site...

[/SIZE][SIZE=1]MCM# eleventy billion

[SIZE=2]No offense to thieves, but if I see another "Ride it like you stole it" line on this site...[/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I have had the same problem with Smartpost-the package goes to Martinsburg,WV and then sits for days before it finally gets to Richmond VA[about 150miles from Chapel Hill NC]after about a week.I did not realize that Smartpost had anything to do with Fedex.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Im having problems with them right now. I placed an order last monday. They told me that they wouldnt honor a price match along with their advertised discount. Its not like im gouging their eyes out. My order still hasnt shipped, and I havent heard back from them in a couple days. Im glad im a team performance member.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    My last two orders, both of which contained quite a few items, had at least 1 item missing or wrong. The person I talked to on the phone was generally short and rude about setting the order straight.

Will I ever order from them again? I'd have to say definitely yes, mainly for their house brand clothing lines. I find their clothing to fit and perform better than anything else at twice the price. Between my wife and I, we haven't gotten a pair of shorts, bibs or shirts that we haven't loved. So, I'll put up with their crappy service and errors just to get that stuff.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Sounds like you need to familiarize yourself with http://www.performancebike.com/help/shipping.cfm

If it makes you feel any better, even if they did ship it FedEx, you'd either get it Friday or Monday since it is shipped via Ground. Next time pay the extra $4 for 2-Day Air if you need it so quick. Its actually a really good deal for such a significant upgrade, usually 2-Day air is double the cost of ground, if not more.

Same here--bad serivice. I told them to ship US mail and they shipped FedEX. Then they overcharged me $20 and are making me prove that they overcharged me. Still haven't received any refund. They also didn't credit my performance club account because their system didn't register my number when I put it in (how am I supposed to know that). I sent them a detailed email with each of these concerns and the rep didn't answer any of my questions--its like they don't even read the email. Ugh. Pisses me off bigtime.
    Call them up if they don't answer your emails! Its a toll free number so its not costing you anything. A $20 loss is somewhat significant so unless this all happened on Friday, I'm thinking there's more to the story. In any event, print out the email order confirmation they send plus have your credit card statement handy. Explain to them your sitation from state the finish (since the rep will probably not know who you are) then offer to fax your CC statement and order confirmation email as proof. Blackout anything on the CC statement you don't want them to see and send it to them if they ask you to do so. If that doesn't work, file a dispute with your CC company.

Do It Yourself
    I had a similar experience except I'm about 20 freakin' miles from the warehouse in Chapel Hill. I ordered some stuff online last Monday with the 99 cents shipping coupon because I figured it would cost me more than $1 in gas to drive over and pick up a Red Phone order. I aslo assumed that since I'm a Team member with 2 Day upgrade I would get it in two days. HA! I still haven't seen my stuff.

So I called up "Customer Service" to check on my order. They said it went by USPS on Wednesday. I guarantee it went to West Virginia and is on it's way back via FedEx StupidPost. WTF? Had it actually gone via USPS the whole way, I would have had it THE NEXT DAY.

They also said the Team Performance 2 Day upgrade doesn't apply with the 99 cents shipping coupon. No sense in getting pissed at the rep on the phone with them but it would be nice if they mentioned that somewhere in the ordering process.

Anyway, if you want something quickly, go to the bike shop and pick it up. If you want a deal, these are the hoops you have to jump through.
    Long Live Long Rides

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Same here. The 2 day upgrade doesn't apply. They should say that.

Well to add to my frustration my Utimate BRS-70B stand finally showed up 14 days after it was shipped. Box is destroyed. They didn't double box it. It just came in Ultimate's box which contains no protection. I am so livid. What a nightmare.

I haven't said this ever before about an e-tailor, but I am NEVER shopping at performance online again.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    What a fiasco my last order was. First, they would not honor prices that they said they would match. I left an open ended email, that said more or less "honor your price policy or cancel my order" They didnt honor the prices, charged my credit card, shipped the order, AND sent an incomplete order. F this, im pissed at them now.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    I ordered an ultimate pro elite stand 10 days ago and they are saying its back ordered and dont know when it will ship. thing is the web site still shows it as in stock. lying bastards. when i called to ask about my order i sat on hold for a half hour and all the lady on the phone could say was she didnt know what was going on try calling back in a few days WTF. im emailing them telling them to cancel my order i dont anticipate that going smoothly eather.

GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
    The last time I ordered from Performance (6 mo. ago) I didn't get my wheels for over 2 1/2 weeks. I don't even bother with them anymore for that and other reasons. I got the exact same reply as the first post the two times I wrote them inquiring about the wherabouts of my wheels. They provided tracking, and I was able to watch my wheels move about the country for a week, nowhere near Colorado, then no updates for the next week and 1/2. Finally they came. I got a really good deal on them, which was the only positive of the whole experience, but I am not going to buy from them again.
    NOAH SEARS
    MRP
    TECH QUESTIONS HERE: INFO@MRPBIKE.COM

noob
    May 2005

Wow.

I wish I read this post before I ordered from them on August 17th.

I ordered my bike with fedex 2nd day air. They told me it shipped on the 18th and their website says the same thing and the fedex tracking site says a label was generated on the 18th.

2nd Day Air right? ....WRONG It is now August 25th and I called them several times this week and they kept reassuring me that fedex has the package. Today the lady I talked to said the order is still in the warehouse. I called fedex just to verify that they do not have it and they gaurenteed me fedex has not picked up the package yet.

So I told them I want my money back because I don't want to deal with a company thats runs like this.

They told me they could not refund my order because it's been processed. (wtf) Thats great that its been processed but it's sitting in your warehouse how can you not give my money back? You guys still have the damn thing.

So she tells me she will try to reroute the order so it does not leave for my address yet and so maybe I can get my money back soon. Nope. She called fedex and they told her they still dont have the package.

So now I have to wait till monday morning to call their customer service as soon as they open up so I can talk to someone about getting my money back since I dont want to wait a month for a bike that I got 2nd day air on.

Looks like I'll have to wake up at 4am to deal with them on Monday. Since I'm several timezones behind.

Thanks peformance bike. I <3 you guys.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Call the number on the back of the credit card you used and file a dispute.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin6s
    Definately. Your credit card will definately back you up. If by chance they still send you the bike, make them send you a return shipping label, or refuse the package. I have to call the bastards monday morning to deal with my order as well.

mtbr member
    I find Performance is good for smaller items and you can get some good deals, but their marketing strategy gets old quickly. It's not really a sale if it's always on sale.

Have been buying from them for the past few years relatively contentedly, but I have had a couple of frustrating episodes with them recently. A few weeks ago ordered a pair of their house brand shorts in L. Received them and discovered that you have to size their shorts up one size. Returned them with the return label and asked for a pair of XL. Forgot about it for a couple of weeks, then remembered and gave them a call. Oh yeah, we received the return they said. But we didn't have any more XLs left so we just credited your CC. Nice of them to credit me, but a heads up would have been nice. I went back on the web site, found XLs, ordered them, and had them in hand a couple of days later.???

The last week they had the $.99 shipping deal. Ordered some tubes and other random stuff. Since I'm a club member all shipping is supposed to get upgraded to 2 day shipping. It might be 2 day shipping, but it still takes over a week to receive it if they don't ship it right away. And they tracking code they sent me didn't work so all I could do was forget about it and wait for it to show up.

Will these episodes keep me from buying from them? No, but it is frustrating. A place like LL Bean does much higher volume with far more reliable customer service.

Placed an order with AE Bike a few weeks ago for a set of wheels. Great service on the phone, great price, and received the wheels a couple of days later for a very modest shipping fee. Why can't every on-line experience be that easy?

noob
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin6s
    Unfortunately I used a bank card to pay.

EDR
    Quote Originally Posted by vick

Placed an order with AE Bike a few weeks ago for a set of wheels. Great service on the phone, great price, and received the wheels a couple of days later for a very modest shipping fee. Why can't every on-line experience be that easy?
    b/c AE Bike is an actual lbs not a 'Walmart' of the bike world. I've ordered from AE as well as some other lbs's that are not local to me like Red Barn, etc. I go to them for the service aspect they provide. You just won't get that from a large chain, at least not to the same degree.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Part of performance's problem is they use FedEx Home ground or that Smart Post crap. Both of those suck. Their email/phone cust. service is like the right hand not knowing what the left hand it doing. My local store is fine.

I just want my damn ultimate stand. I orded it on the 8th and all I have to show for it is the destroyed stand sitting here in its destroyed box. They are paying for return shipping, however and sending me a label.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    I bought a $2000 bike from Performance. This should have earned me 200 points..or $200..in coupons. I received $5.00, and that was it! I went round and round with them..calling HQ's several times..going into the store a bunch of times..and was always told that they were "in the mail". I wouldn't recommend Performance to my worst enemy..

mtbr member
    Duddy, hope things work out for you with the stand. I have an ultimate stand (that I got from Performance a few years ago) and I love it!

100% recycled
    Quote Originally Posted by BShow
    Im having problems with them right now. I placed an order last monday. They told me that they wouldnt honor a price match along with their advertised discount. Its not like im gouging their eyes out. My order still hasnt shipped, and I havent heard back from them in a couple days. Im glad im a team performance member.
    Me too. I bought $300 worth of gear in 2005 on Visa shipped to my house. Last week I put in an order for $600 (minus 20% and I tried to pricematch a hrm back to pre-20% price), and they say that the bank couldnt verify my address (Australia) even though its the same credit card and address? It took them a week to check the address, and my "customer service rep" now says that the order is cancelled. They are trying to get me to cancel the order so I dont get $120 off, but I have patience.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast