mtbr member
    May 2004

Performance Secret Short Sale

The Performance brand shorts are on sale, but not on the website, only though this link:

http://www.performancebike.com/shop/...&estore_ID=188

This is for the Mens ultra short which is a bargain at $36. All of the other shorts are on sale too. Email me if you need the links.

Get 2 or more to get over $50 and use a 20% coupon and you will be set. One of the expired codes still worked for me yesterday. I think it ended in 386.

Linoleum Knife
    Thanks for the heads up. Those Ultra shorts have been my favorites for the last year. I've been waiting for them to drop below $40.

Picked up 2-pair

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Are these shorts really that good? I've been fine with their saturday/splined ones (that are often $20) and do rides up to a century. That's been one thing I've never spent any money on.

Quote Originally Posted by forkboy
    Thanks for the heads up. Those Ultra shorts have been my favorites for the last year. I've been waiting for them to drop below $40.

Picked up 2-pair

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jasong
    Are these shorts really that good? I've been fine with their saturday/splined ones (that are often $20) and do rides up to a century. That's been one thing I've never spent any money on.
    I just got mine. They look nice. They appear to be a knockoff of the Pearl Izumi's with the white piping between the panels. The chamois is medium thick, quite comfy - again very similar to the PI's. Performance sources these from Italy. The fit is good -- 9 panels, I think. But they run small. I have a 34 waist and ordered medium. When I put them on the first time, they were snug in the perinium and I heard something rip. The stiching on one side of the chamois ripped out in a small area. I'm exchanging them for size L. Hopefully just a fluke. Otherwise they are a bargain for $30.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    You know, I thought their shorts (at least the cheap Performance ones I have) ran big. I have a 32-33 waist and get a small. Normally need a medium in other brands. One pair of medium shorts I have of theirs feel huge. Maybe the premium ones run a little smaller.

Quote Originally Posted by tingj
    I just got mine. They look nice. They appear to be a knockoff of the Pearl good -- 9 panels, I think. But they run small. I have a 34 waist and ordered medium. When I put them on the first time, they were snug in the perinium and I heard something rip. The stiching on one side of the chamois ripped out in a small area. I'm exchanging them for size L. Hopefully just a fluke. Otherwise they are a bargain for $30.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tingj
    I just got mine. They look nice. They appear to be a knockoff of the Pearl Izumi's with the white piping between the panels. The chamois is medium thick, quite comfy - again very similar to the PI's. Performance sources these from Italy. The fit is good -- 9 panels, I think. But they run small. I have a 34 waist and ordered medium. When I put them on the first time, they were snug in the perinium and I heard something rip. The stiching on one side of the chamois ripped out in a small area. I'm exchanging them for size L. Hopefully just a fluke. Otherwise they are a bargain for $30.
    Found the same thing. I am a 34 waist and I ordered a large and felt that they fit perfect.

I think you may find the same, they probably do run small.

Regards.

Linoleum Knife
    Quote Originally Posted by jasong
    You know, I thought their shorts (at least the cheap Performance ones I have) ran big. I have a 32-33 waist and get a small. Normally need a medium in other brands. One pair of medium shorts I have of theirs feel huge. Maybe the premium ones run a little smaller.
    To answer your earlier question - yes. These shorts really are that good.

Other shorts are fine for sub 2hr rides, but I have worn these on most of my longer races and several centuries that I did this summer, and they remain my favorite pair of shorts.

I wear a medium, but my waist is 31. They fit me perfectly.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Say what you will about Performance Bicycles (and they have plenty of detractors here), but when I called to return my too small and ripped shorts, they fedex'd me replacements with free shipping and will even credit me the return shipping I have to pay to ship mine back to them. It's hard to beat that for service. I have to try their pricematching to see how that works.

MTBR Tool
    I'm a 33" waist and they definitely run small - might have to head back to Performance and get the large cos the Medium felt a bit constricting on my ride last night. Otherwise a great deal!

Thanks for the heads up.

mtbr member
    Classic....went to the secret sale ordered a couple of pair o shorts and then decided to see if I needed anything else. Upon return to the checkout the price suddenly jumped to $49 per pair! Checked again and they must have just updated the site because the killer price is gone.

Nate
    Paco the "Flyin' Finn"