mtbr member
    Jun 2005

Performance DIRT CHEAP BIBS, plus another for 1/2 price

Performance has their shorts on sale. I got the Ultra bibs normally 89.99 on sale for 64.97. Plus in their catalog they have a buy one get the other half price offer. The only thing is to get the deal you have to phone in your order. So all total for 2 bibs and 2 day shipping i was only out 107. Not a bad deal if you like their shorts. So stock up, nows the time i guess. Although maybe i should of waited till they got cheaper, they were 79 last week. Too badi didnt have a 10% code to go with it.

Do It Yourself
    I was looking at these and they sounded pretty good. Can you post some close-up pics of the shorts including the chamois when you get them? And if you could let me know how stretchey the bib portion is?

I find it very odd that most time they advertise shorts, they don't show you the chamois which is the most important part of bike shorts.

Thanks.
    Long Live Long Rides

Let's ride SuperModerator
    the chamois is excellent on these ultra bibs. i now own 2 pairs and like them better than my castelli yfuso. the bib portion is very stretchy and thin, so it breathes really well. i have nothing but good things to say about these.

you should be able to walk in and do a red phone order and ship it to the store for free. i do this on every order, and read the 10% coupon code to them.

Do It Yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by rensho
    the chamois is excellent on these ultra bibs. i now own 2 pairs and like them better than my castelli yfuso. the bib portion is very stretchy and thin, so it breathes really well. i have nothing but good things to say about these.

you should be able to walk in and do a red phone order and ship it to the store for free. i do this on every order, and read the 10% coupon code to them.
    Thanks for the report. The store isn't very convenient anymore but maybe one of these weekends I'll get out there for a ride.
    Long Live Long Rides

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    got mine todayy. Dont have a camera at the moment to take a pic, but the chamois is sweet. i took em out on a 40 miler today and these pants are awesome, regardless of price. To me they felt like a second skin. And the chamois does not have any annoying seams like some pants do. The bib top part is as cool as can be expected. A very thin mesh that breathes well. The performance catalog does have pictures of all the chamois if you can score one of those.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Chris-

those shorts are actually quite nice... if they haven't changed them, they've got a sweet Assos chamois found in top-of-the-line $280 bib shorts (it's actually sourced from the same factory as Assos and they got pissed when they found out). Flat-lock seams and excellent leg grippers with very nice overall panel shapes. They feel really great, but like my Pearl bibs, I had to order a size off what I thought I'd need. A word of warning though... I wouldn't ever throw them in the dryer, and wash them (in the washing machine) sparingly or they'll start coming apart rather quickly.

HTH!

-SM

PS-----> we'll have to head out to the "P-Store" one weekend after a ride... I need to pick up a few things myself.

OT: none of our nice biking gear should ever go into the dryer... good point Spanky.

mtbr member
    I agree with everything said about these bibs as they are my favorite too, except for that price being dirt cheap.

If you have a performance store near you, whenever they have one of their decents sales, you can easily pick up the bibs for under 50 bucks each, and the shorts for around 40-45. May not always be that cheap, but the 2 times I bought these, they happened to be on sale for less than $50 (bibs). The price is good, but you got me excited when I saw DIRT CHEAP

Quote Originally Posted by rensho

Will they give you their online price or the catalogue price? I wanted to order a wheelset, but the shipping is like $35. breaks even with the coupon.

I have bought those and other items via the red phone and asked them to match the store price. Then they subtract the 10%(or 20% in the glory days). Saweet deal.
    When buying via the red phone, go with the lowest know price, whether online, store, catalog.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    okay, not dirt cheap but when compared to other brands....