mtbr member
    May 2004

Performance - Can I do pricematch and 20% off?

Hey guys,

I bought a wheelset from performance last night. XT wheelset with x517 hubs for $180.
    On the Pricepoint website - I see what seems to be the same item for $160. If I already ordered the wheelset for $180-20%, what is the likely hood of being able to call up Performance customer service and have them pricematch it while still honoring my 20% off? If possible does anyone recommend a customer service agent by name that will be more easy going about the situation and not give me a bunch of hassle?

Thanks

Ed

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by eman2
    Hey guys,

I bought a wheelset from performance last night. XT wheelset with x517 hubs for $180.
    On the Pricepoint website - I see what seems to be the same item for $160. If I already ordered the wheelset for $180-20%, what is the likely hood of being able to call up Performance customer service and have them pricematch it while still honoring my 20% off? If possible does anyone recommend a customer service agent by name that will be more easy going about the situation and not give me a bunch of hassle?

Thanks

Ed
    After the order placed performance will not do any price matches. And its either the 20% off or price match. btw, please PM me the code for 20%.

stay thirsty, my friends
    Quote Originally Posted by LeftyEll
    After the order placed performance will not do any price matches. And its either the 20% off or price match. btw, please PM me the code for 20%.
    Check out the "where are the best deals" forum for the code.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Careful with being a demanding customer with these coupons. A few "well I read someone else did it in this online forum" experiences will result in no more 20% coupons for anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by eman2
    Hey guys,
    On the Pricepoint website - I see what seems to be the same item for $160. If I already ordered the wheelset for $180-20%, what is the likely hood of being able to call up

6x7=Dont Panic!
    Quote Originally Posted by jasong
    Careful with being a demanding customer with these coupons. A few "well I read someone else did it in this online forum" experiences will result in no more 20% coupons for anyone.
    I'll bet they know about these forums, but the majprity of their customers do not so its probably fine. Anywho, not to steal the thread, but I have a similar question. Can I have an item pricematched and then use a 20% coupon? Not after I have payed of course so its different. I found some deus cranks new for 235$, and was going to get them untill I saw them at supergo for 213$. If I pricematched and 20%ed the order at performance it comes to 170$ ish beofre shipping and tax so maybe 185$ or so. Much better than 235$ plus shipping.
    Herro prease

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRedMantra
    I'll bet they know about these forums, but the majprity of their customers do not so its probably fine. Anywho, not to steal the thread, but I have a similar question. Can I have an item pricematched and then use a 20% coupon? Not after I have payed of course so its different. I found some deus cranks new for 235$, and was going to get them untill I saw them at supergo for 213$. If I pricematched and 20%ed the order at performance it comes to 170$ ish beofre shipping and tax so maybe 185$ or so. Much better than 235$ plus shipping.
    Performance will not longer price match and honor a coupon. IN the beginning they were "tricked" into it, but now they've caught on. One or the other.