mtbr member
    Feb 2005

Performance bikes return policy.

I bought a nite rider light from performance bikes and during a crash I broke the mount. I have heard that you can return anything to them in any condition and they will take it back. Does anyone know if this is true? Thanks.

Flying Goat
    let me know how it goes... i'm interested to seeing if they would honor their return policy...

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    At a local store, I just returned lights I bought from them online in 1997 so that I can buy the new HID's. No questions asked and they gave me the full price back. In my opinion its easier to return items by sending them back. I would suggest not telling them you crashed it, just tell them you are not happy w/ the lights.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    yep, I tried some shoes, didnt like them after a very muddy month, they honored the 100%, no problemo.

Five is right out
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by pirahna
    I bought a nite rider light from performance bikes and during a crash I broke the mount. I have heard that you can return anything to them in any condition and they will take it back. Does anyone know if this is true? Thanks.
    Good to see that the concept of personal responsibility is alive and well

banned
    Abusing a company's return policy only hurts you and everyone else in the end.

I have a positive experience from Performance Bike. I would hate to have it ruined by some inconsiderate people who have nothing better to do than scam everyone else out of a good thing.

Please be responsible.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    I'm not recommending people abuse it, I'm just saying its a great reason to buy from Performance. Many people rag them on this forum. I think they are great.

I think this forum is about helping the comsumer out...which is what I believe we are doing. Keep in mind you also have folks on this forum who mention the ability of doubling up coupons at Nashbar/Performance. I thank these guys for the heads up. But I don't see anyone warning them about "taking advantage " of it because eventually when their customer service catches it, they will stop it....and ruin it for the rest of us.

I endorse self propulsion
    Quote Originally Posted by rconceptsinc
    Keep in mind you also have folks on this forum who mention the ability of doubling up coupons at Nashbar/Performance.
    huh? how's that work? i mean, just for research purposes...
    "Pops trippin', he want me to ask for my bike back. You know I wouldn't trip."

Five is right out
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by rconceptsinc
    I'm not recommending people abuse it, I'm just saying its a great reason to buy from Performance. Many people rag them on this forum. I think they are great.
    "I would suggest not telling them you crashed it, just tell them you are not happy w/ the lights."

If that's not abusing a return policy (i.e. the OP broke it through his own fault), then I don't know what is. You buy a car, run it into a wall and then try to return it because you're not happy with it. Think that should fly with the dealership?

Sure, the OP might go ahead and return the lights. I just hope he doesn't try to boast to anyone about it.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Returning the lights that you broke is just plain wrong.

Some people don't care about doing the right thing. They will take advantage of others simply because they think they can get away with it.