mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Performance Bike Free Shipping Over $50

Free Shipping on Orders Over $50 through Monday. No code needed; on home page. Shipping is normally $9.25, so it's like getting 18.5% off if your total is close to $50.

Nice no rass
    They lie. Their ad says on all orders over $50. I just tried to order a loco wheelset and they are charging me $22 ground shipment b/c they claim it's an overweight/oversized shipment.

Every time I try to give performance bike another shot at not sucking, they piss me off.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    what are you smoking? most places charge oversize/overweight charges for things like wheelsets. YOU try shipping out a wheelset and maybe you'll understand.

Do It Yourself
    I prefer the free shipping to the store. It's much faster. I live a couple towns over from the main warehouse and it takes me 2 weeks to get stuff if I ship to the house. They ship it to some FedEx distribution in West Virginia and then out to customers via snail mail. When I get things shipped to the store, it's there in a day or two because it goes directly to the store. Also you don't get your Team 2 day upgrade when you get the "free shipping". I much prefer the 20% off coupons.
    Long Live Long Rides

Linoleum Knife
    Quote Originally Posted by Too Rass Goat
    They lie. Their ad says on all orders over $50. I just tried to order a loco wheelset and they are charging me $22 ground shipment b/c they claim it's an overweight/oversized shipment.

Every time I try to give performance bike another shot at not sucking, they piss me off.
    It's $35+ without the free shipping.

Yesterday was 10% off. Ended up being about the same discount as free shipping...

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    I want to see one of those $20 off $50 purchase...it's been a while now.

Nice no rass
    Quote Originally Posted by crazylax42
    what are you smoking? most places charge oversize/overweight charges for things like wheelsets. YOU try shipping out a wheelset and maybe you'll understand.
    I guess I should ask you the same question.

Both boxes are 24"x24"x4" (far, far under the guidelines of oversized or needing DIM weighted by any shipping co.)and both COMBINED weigh less than 5lbs.

Please explain exactly what is oversized or over weight about that shipment to gouge the customer for an additional $22 in shipping.

Mud
    mtbr member
    They need to state on the home page that for the Free Shipping promotion, additional charges apply for all oversize items. Not wait until the checkout page to see that $25 has been added to the order. And, if you enter your Team Performance #, they automatically upgrade the shipping to 2-day for $40, and you don't get an option for regular $25 "free" shipping - that is BS! What a bunch of clowns.