mtbr "member"

Performance bike F#ck up...

So I ordered some bike parts with the august 20% off coupon from Performance PLUS used my "member points" on a total order of $250. Ended up I would have to pay $.07 in the end. I guess I never really used my points over the last year or so.

Anyway, I get my order, check the reciept. I'm billed $36 instead of the $.07 I should have been. BUT also, NO points were applied to the order so I STILL have about $200 in member points.

Now the dilemna, do I call, get the $36 off my card and deduct the points or keep the $200 credit in points and eat the $36.

I know what the right thing to do would be. But I guess I just want someone to tell me it's OK to do the wrong thing.

REEK

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Well they did mess up... I would eat the $36 and keep the $200 credit. Unless you really need that $36. they've been screwing up my performance dollars. Somehow they magically misplace my $100 credit (still working on it).

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Reek
    So I ordered some bike parts with the august 20% off coupon from Performance PLUS used my "member points" on a total order of $250. Ended up I would have to pay $.07 in the end. I guess I never really used my points over the last year or so.
    REEK
    Actually, I think they really screwed up to your advantage... AFAIK, from the older 20% coupons, where you actually had to pull them from a magazine, they specified that the discounts cannot be combined with Performance point credits. I know most of the deals lately have been from codes passed around the net, but I'm pretty sure they weren't supposed to let you pay with your Team P points at all. Things may have changed, but hey, you got a $250 order for $36... I'd just take that and be happy enough.

mtbr member
    On the other hand, I ordered a stem with the 20% off coupon, and got the 20% off. I didn't like the stem so I brought it back to my local Performance store and they refunded me the original retail price. I ended up making about 7$ on the deal.

pc_load_letter
    keep the $200 in points. they will eventually screw one of your orders up royally in their favor, and itll be like pulling teeth from a frog to get it straightened.