mtbr member

Performance Bike "Everything" Sale: 6/20 - 6/24

Find Bikes, Cycling Clothing, Bike Parts & Bike Shoes Or Your Local Bike Store at Performance.

So, yep, bikes, components, wheels, tires, gloves, shorts, shoes, helmets, hydration ... everything. If you like to see and feel the goods before buying and you have a nearby Performance location, then it's probably worth a visit.

Ow!
    Yes, good time to purchase items that are similarly regular priced anywhere you go. But, of course, watch out for Performance's (and others for that matter) "kick the price higher for the sale". There are a few items at Performance I watch that were less expensive a week or two ago than the current 25% off price.

mtbr member
    Yep, would agree that their everyday prices aren't always the best but ... this thread is about their sale prices. I think it'd be hard to find a better price on a Recon Silver, Sidi Dominators, Shimano M785 disc brakes or Zoic Ether shorts than you can find, right now, at Performance.

I thought sharing best deals was the point of this forum. Is there something I'm missing?

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    You can find a better price for M785 brakes, in silver is the issue. I ordered a pair over two weeks ago, but still waiting for them.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Icey101 View Post
    You can find a better price for M785 brakes, in silver is the issue. I ordered a pair over two weeks ago, but still waiting for them.
    Oh, please share details. This is about getting the best deal ... period.

Sorry about the delayed delivery. Hate when that happens--can't wait to get the new stuff on the bike ASAP and hitting the trails.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Bluesky cycling has M785 for $109-120 but they are the silver ones, but they do come with adapters(these are another $10-15 each). I ended up going to one of the local PerfomanceBike shops and using their red phone to place order. Front + Rear M785 delieverd to store (which is free) minus my military discount (10%) ended up being $255. I could not find them in black any cheaper anyplace else, there were a few on Ebay but they brake lines were going to be to short.

The wait is not a huge deal for me, these brakes are going on my Alititude 29er, and its brakes are getting handed down to a Inbred SS I am building.

mtbr member
    Yeah, the everyday deals from BlueSky (and PricePoint) are definitely strong. I'll definitely circle back with them when I opt for new tires--dying to try some Maxxis XC compounds.

I'm looking for shorts, now, and will be checking out the Pearl Izumi Canyons and Louis Garneau Liberty 2's at my nearby Performance. Both are on sale for $50-something and, well, there's only way to figure out which ones to go with--gotta' try 'em on.

Thanks for sharing!

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    The Performance store I go to on a regular basis has always treated me well, great customer service. The prices have not been so great any more recently, though. When I go shopping these days, I often put the UPC in my phone and when I see online competitor's prices, it often makes me walk out of the store without buying anything, especially when it's stuff that's over $50 or so in the store and then $20 online.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Twice this month Performance had 30% off Shimano so I snagged a bunch. Often their sales or coupons exclude Shimano. Plus with my Team points and free shipping to store it works out nicely. And we got a 29er carbon HT on their 30% points back weekend which helped pay for $600 worth of XTR stuff (on sale of course). It's a vicious cycle of spending and "saving".

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by likesbikes View Post
    The Performance store I go to on a regular basis has always treated me well, great customer service. The prices have not been so great any more recently, though. When I go shopping these days, I often put the UPC in my phone and when I see online competitor's prices, it often makes me walk out of the store without buying anything, especially when it's stuff that's over $50 or so in the store and then $20 online.
    You realize that they price match, right?

My MO is to hit up Performance, while I'm there, look up the item at Universal Cycles or Tree Fort bikes on the phone and have them price match.

-Tom

Ow!
    joeinchi, No, letting people know of good deals is the point of this forum. My post was just a caution regarding Performance practices. For example, I seem to remember that the XT crankset was less expensive not too long ago as compared with their current price -25%. Performance does this quite often.

But, as I said, good deals are to be had, especially those items that no one seems to put on sale. I am looking at a CK BB for that reason. I don't think I ever see it on sale, and used on ebay isn't generally that good. That, and a bunch of other items that I have in my basket right now (other things that do not seem to go on sale or not very often on sale).

And remember, as you compare prices, consider Performance's return policy. Don't like it, doesn't work, breaks down, return for full refund/replacement.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Indeed. Their current prices are waaaaaay higher than a week or two ago. Even with their 25% sale it's much higher than what I paid. Twice.

A Performance employee told me it's almost laughable how they jack some "normally regular price is....." just so their sale prices seem great. It gets many uninformed buyers to fork over $$$$. Their normal sales are often within 5% of retail.

[QUOTE=clydecrash;9434729]joeinchi, No, letting people know of good deals is the point of this forum. My post was just a caution regarding Performance practices. For example, I seem to remember that the XT crankset was less expensive not too long ago as compared with their current price -25%. Performance does this quite often.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by clydecrash View Post
    joeinchi, No, letting people know of good deals is the point of this forum. My post was just a caution regarding Performance practices.
    Understood. Cool.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    The only deal I found is EA90 stem in 0 deg, Might be the lowest for online retailers.
    but other stuff is way to high ...

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    F Performance.

I called them today to see if they had a bike in stock in a certain size and they said yes.
    I drove the 15 miles over there to buy it, and lo and behold, they did not have it.
    So I wasted an hour of time and 30 miles of driving with gas at $4/gal (in California).

They did this to me a long time ago over a helmet at another location, and I had vowed never to shop there again.

Decided to give them another shot today and they pull the same sh*t.

Who cares if they have good prices? they will lie to you over the phone.

MTBR Member
    Quote Originally Posted by trhoppe View Post
    You realize that they price match, right?

My MO is to hit up Performance, while I'm there, look up the item at Universal Cycles or Tree Fort bikes on the phone and have them price match.

-Tom
    Not the case at my local Performance. I went in to grab a tire yesterday and the guy I spoke with said they will only pricematch shops with a physical location in the area.