Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Dec 2006

performance bike coupon question

I just got $20 off coupon when you buy $50 more except bikes.
    I am out of town for a week and the coupon was from my local performance bike shop (GA).
    anybody got the $20 off coupon? I can visit performance bike shop in PA area but I don't know they will accept $20 coupon. if anyone got the coupon other than GA area, Please let me know Thanks!

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    never mind. I did not read small print in bottom of the coupon
    they will accept the coupon at all stores nationwide.

it's....
    Went by local perfbikes today, and most sales items were back to full prices, so $20 off is not that good.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    yep, it's warming up so all those tantalizing sales here in NC are gone. Apparently Performance stores nationwide brought down more money on sunday than in any single day ever, even without sales. So said a guy at my local shop.

mtbr member
    Is there a code on it so we can use it online?

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    No. It was an in store coupon. Have to print out the email from Performance and bring it in. That's the one I received.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Strafer
    Went by local perfbikes today, and most sales items were back to full prices, so $20 off is not that good.
    Yeah, I did the same thing when the last 20 off 50 came out. Walked in, looked around and left without using the coupon I had printed out.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Can you upload a picture of this email, I haven't been able to recieve performance emails lately.

FriendlyNeighborhoodMTBer
    Can the store match sale prices from the Performance catalog or Performance website before applying the coupon?

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    I got a spin doctor team tool kit for $80 plus tax today.

I called a performance shop and checked the item is in stock.
    they matched the price of web site then I gave him a $20 coupon. Also I asked him about 10% off ( I visited around 1:30pm so I could get Tuesday Lunchtime Shop & Save 10% off).

banned
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kimguroo
    I got a spin doctor team tool kit for $80 plus tax today.

I called a performance shop and checked the item is in stock.
    they matched the price of web site then I gave him a $20 coupon. Also I asked him about 10% off ( I visited around 1:30pm so I could get Tuesday Lunchtime Shop & Save 10% off).
    Thats a pretty good deal

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by taikuodo
    Can you upload a picture of this email, I haven't been able to recieve performance emails lately.
    email me at gkimitsuka@comcast.net. I'll forward it to you if you still want it.

Mine will say Redwood City but it also says "All Stores".

glenk

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Coupon states clothing & accessory. Anyone know what is categorized as an " accessory." Will it work on components?

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by rconceptsinc
    Coupon states clothing & accessory. Anyone know what is categorized as an " accessory." Will it work on components?
    That's easy. Anything other than a bike according to the website.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    No worries if products are back to normal prices. Just pick up their catalog at the front desk and have them price match their own catalog. Did this at my local shop a few days ago with no problems.

I happened to be in also Tuesday during their 10% lunch special thing, but they said I couldn't combine this 10% with the $20 off $50 coupon. Probably could've pressed them a little but didn't. YMMV.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Accessory vs. Component

Performance in San Francisco put up a big fight the last time I tried to use a similar coupon for a cassette and chain. According to the guy behind the register an accessory was something like a pump or bike light. They eventually relented.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    What are these big rebates for the 2007 bikes? I have yet to call up my performance and ask them, ( no time).

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by lml1x
    Performance in San Francisco put up a big fight the last time I tried to use a similar coupon for a cassette and chain. According to the guy behind the register an accessory was something like a pump or bike light. They eventually relented.
    My local store (Naperville, IL) defined this as anything that ISN'T a bike.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    The Richmond VA store applied the coupon to anything but a bike-tires and parts in my case,and will price match the Performance website or catalogs.If you dig around the store you can end up with a real bargain if you spend just over $50.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

You can actually use two $20 coupons this week

Some of us have gotten both the postcard version and the email version of the $20 off on a purchase of $50 or more.
    If you read the wording on each you will see that it does not exclude each being used.
    In other words, the way I read it, you could buy $51 on one and get a 20 dollar discount and then turn right around 5 minutes later and use the other one to do the same thing again.

Read the fine print and you'll see what I mean.
    I used my postcard today, but really couldn't find more stuff to purchase so I did not use the email version for a second purchase.
    Got a chain, some der cables, some socks, and some lube.
    A good deal, but I only went in because I actually needed the stuff now.

Oh, if you need some cleats for your Eggbeaters, you can instead go in, use the catalog in the store to see that the C-Eggs are on sale for $49.99......add 1 Powerbar......then use the $20 coupon.. So you essentially get the pedals for $30.... Hey, the cleats are worth $20, so you get the pedals for about $10....
    I'd have purchased another pair, but I just got a extra pair for $25 during the Grand Opening of my store about 2 months ago.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007

lost order

I placed an order with them online last week, and used a coupon that worked. Got a great deal, had about $200 worth of things ordered including a trainer. Well 5 days after I placed the order, had received an email of my order, and had a pending charge on my credit card for the amount, the order wasnt found on the website. So I called last night, and "customer service" claimed the order was lost, and they couldnt do anything but replace the entire order. Kicker is the trainer I ordered is now out of stock. She told me I should never place orders on the website, only on the phone. She also told me that the trainer wouldnt be in stock until end of March, but the website claimed mid March. She told me the website is never right and not updated. So I wouldnt have my trainer untli mid-April if I was lucky b/c all backorders go out 7-10 day mail no matter what. When I asked for some form of compensation for their error, hence causing a huge delay in my order and me getting further out of shape, she said she was doing all she could. Well that was nothing, that's when I asked for a customer service # and she told me she was. Ugh!!! So I cancelled the whole order. Some service! I had never had a problem with Performance, shopping there stores and online many many times. So now i'm back to square one trying to find a good trainer at a good price, and not a Performance brand now.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    another 10% off 6001747 until march 26. I just got another $20 off coupon in the mail too. My last one got me a pair of Crank bros 5050 pedals and some nice Pearl Izumi gloves for a total of $36 bucks (the pedals were in the outlet as well).

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Expired now but here is a tip. Be sure and use the coupon. Everyone has routine stuff they need and just keep it in inventory. But, always do the price beat first search on-line.
    Of course, once you have used the coupon. You can always return something later on for any reason at performance, 100% satisfaction. They are absolutely tops and that is why they have grown like they have. Watch out for some store personnel that don't get what Performance is all about.
    But, here in Atlanta at perimeter store they are awesome.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Agreed! This coupon was a no brainer. Use it even it you don't need anything. Online, they have a 10 pack of tubes for $19.90. I got 20 tubes and a case of clifbars for $32 after the $20 off coupon. I needed the Clifbars (on sale for $10.98) so if you figure the math out for just the tubes.....thats like a $1/tube. Thats cheaper than dealer cost. I only wished that the coupon was reuseable.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by crazylax42
    another 10% off 6001747 until march 26. I just got another $20 off coupon in the mail too. My last one got me a pair of Crank bros 5050 pedals and some nice Pearl Izumi gloves for a total of $36 bucks (the pedals were in the outlet as well).
    Is 6001747 a 10% off "Promotional Code" found on their website? I didn't execute the purchase but it doesn't look like it's going to take.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast