Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    12

    Upset performance is backwards with shipping/billing

    At performance bike Website
    You order a product! Then they charge you and tell you and they don't even have it in stock and there is no E.T.A on when they will have it in stock.

    Isn't that a little backwards? Most bike sites won't charge you until the product has shipped!
    Last edited by MTBYKN; 09-30-2009 at 04:37 PM.

  2. #2
    AZ
    AZ is offline
    banned
    Reputation: AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    19,998
    Another thread about why I dont like so and so . Did you know that every time someone starts one of these threads kittens die ?

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    460
    Here we go again

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    111
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ.MTNS
    Another thread about why I dont like so and so . Did you know that every time someone starts one of these threads kittens die ?
    I thought everytime you masturbate a kitten die?

  5. #5
    Black Dragon
    Guest
    I wonder how many responses it will take until this thread gets into the inevitable, boring politically-based theme of "made in Taiwan/yes or no/buy American." Hey, come to think of it, I think it just did with this post. DOH!!!

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: syl3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    876
    What i don't like about performance is that for internatinal orders they request a kind of credit card verification that european banks are forced to refuse BY LAW. So unless you want to mail them a check, they won't ship to Europe

  7. #7
    Just Ride.
    Reputation: Joel.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    729
    Quote Originally Posted by Committee-X
    I thought everytime you masturbate a kitten die?
    Whats bad about that?

  8. #8
    Birdman aka JMJ
    Reputation: Birdman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    973
    Quote Originally Posted by syl3
    What i don't like about performance is that for internatinal orders they request a kind of credit card verification that european banks are forced to refuse BY LAW. So unless you want to mail them a check, they won't ship to Europe
    Why order from Performance if you've got Chain Reaction in the UK? I'd imagine their shipping and pricing would be more competitive.

    JMJ

  9. #9
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,141
    Quote Originally Posted by MTBYKN
    At performance bike Website
    You order a product! Then they charge you and tell you and they don't even have it in stock and there is no E.T.A on when they will have it in stock.



    Isn't that a little backwards? Most bike sites won't charge you until the product has shipped!
    Seems like once a week we get one of these threads

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,496
    Quote Originally Posted by MTBYKN
    At performance bike Website
    You order a product! Then they charge you and tell you and they don't even have it in stock and there is no E.T.A on when they will have it in stock.

    Isn't that a little backwards? Most bike sites won't charge you until the product has shipped!
    I order from Performance a lot, mainly because I have stores close to me and I love the free ship to store. When something is not in stock it is listed as such. It says you can still order it and they will ship it when it arrives. Additionally there is an estimated arrival time. I suppose there may be an occasional mistake, but what you are describing is not standard practice at Performance.
    2012 On One Whippet 650b
    2012 Santa Cruz TRc 650b
    2014 On One Dirty Disco
    2010 Soma Groove
    1987 Haro RS1

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: syl3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    876
    Quote Originally Posted by Birdman
    Why order from Performance if you've got Chain Reaction in the UK? I'd imagine their shipping and pricing would be more competitive.

    JMJ
    well it is... now if they had (cheap) 29er frames in stock...

    i see that as soon as brant left, they dropped on one and picked up ragley... the plan would be to get brant to design another 29er frame

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: brant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,821
    I'm working on something(s), honest. Just a bit busy.

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,236
    i just ordered somthing from them last night, they shipped it a few hours ago. i had a question regarding my shipping info, customer service e-mailed me within the hour and told me that it should be fine and to call if it doesn't arrive so they can take care of it. and i do believe they have somthing to tell you wether or not the part is in stock

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •