Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Outside Outfitters?

43K views 147 replies 78 participants last post by  Buc_Nasty 
#1 ·
#4 ·
Follow up

Just a follow-up. I ordered a seatpost from them that was selling at a very good price. The shipping was not the fastest (8 calendars days for standard shipping to DC area) but everything else went smoothly - I would order from them again.

#7 ·
My friend just placed an order with them almost 2 weeks ago and is just now getting his parts. I ordered parts from Jenson a day after him and got my stuff in 2 days. Jenson shipped my order the same day. Outside Outfitters took 3 days to complete the order, then another 2 days to actually ship it and send him a tracking #.

To me, that's unacceptable.

#9 ·
Similar experience. Slow to ship, good prices on some stuff.

The did get my order mixed up with someone elses, sent me another shipping label via email to re-send to the right customer...the only issue I had was that I had to take it down to UPS for them which was a little frustrating. I still haven't got my order though.

#10 ·
Very slow shipping, bad customer service.
When I followed up on my order and requested expedited fulfillment, they said it's 3 days to fill an order, and that's set in stone. I said it was merely a request and if they can't do it, then that's too bad.
They hung up on me.:madman:

#12 ·
The shipping can be slow i agree . It takes about 5 days before anything even leaves the shop BUT they have nearly the best shipping price of any of the US shops to Australia , I have had a 29er frame, bars, stem and seatpost shipped for $90.
As far as the customer service goes, the guys there have been the most helpful of any shop i have ordered from anywhere . I have placed about 4 orders from them in total now and will continue to use them if i cant get what i want from CR and Wiggle in the UK as the shipping there is free :thumbsup:

#14 ·
Outside Outfitters does state handling times are 2-3 days... but is this accurate?

I am wondering if I should cancel my order to Canada, the shipping prices were excellent, almost so low I thought it was a mistake, but now I am paying for it, it has been 5 days (3 business days) since my order and nothing has shipped and status has not changed. I have had to wait a week before for Jenson to get stuff from their warehouse, but they clearly state this on the product's page and Jenson's actual shipping is overnight most of the time.

#15 ·
killjoyken said:
My friend just placed an order with them almost 2 weeks ago and is just now getting his parts. I ordered parts from Jenson a day after him and got my stuff in 2 days. Jenson shipped my order the same day. Outside Outfitters took 3 days to complete the order, then another 2 days to actually ship it and send him a tracking #. http://www.hostpicture.info/pics/trackpixel

To me, that's unacceptable.
Auch, 3 days to complete an order plus 2 to ship the item? That's a full week! I guess I'll just use them as a last resource option then.

#18 ·
Yea, just I guess I should have read before ordering, I needed a centerlock adapter for my bike and the shipping was super cheap...but now I am stuck with one brake until I get this order. I phoned every bike store near me and noone has one so I thought I would order online, the tire shipping charges are cheap too so I got some of those as well. Gonna be a month before I get the damn things, to me this is slow given the amount of competition out there... there's always a catch it seems. :/

#19 ·
Alana said:
I am wondering if I should cancel my order to Canada
Alana said:
It has been 5 days (3 business days) since my order and nothing has shipped and status has not changed.
Alana said:
Gonna be a month before I get the damn things, to me this is slow given the amount of competition out there... there's always a catch it seems. :/
If you look at the shipping page its says "weekdays for shipping"

http://www.outsideoutfitters.com/t-shipping.aspx

Canada to me looks like 4-7 WEEKDAYS depending where you are.

Seems the only problem was you not reading their shipping times/policy.

#20 ·
I've ordered from them subsequently to my initial post and the story is always the same.

1. Good prices, cheap standard shipping.
2. Really SLOW delivery from order to arrival. They always seem to use the 2-3 days "processing" noted on their website. My stuff seems to ship 3-4 business days after my order is placed.

I've never had to contact them about an issue so I have no idea of their service level in that area.

As noted by many in this thread, I use them but not if I need something in the next week or less. I imagine to Canada they are even slower.

#21 ·
ctbarron said:
I've ordered from them subsequently to my initial post and the story is always the same.

1. Good prices, cheap standard shipping.
2. Really SLOW delivery from order to arrival. They always seem to use the 2-3 days "processing" noted on their website. My stuff seems to ship 3-4 business days after my order is placed.

I've never had to contact them about an issue so I have no idea of their service level in that area.

As noted by many in this thread, I use them but not if I need something in the next week or less. I imagine to Canada they are even slower.
Im from oz and order stuff with them on their cheap shipping and awesome customer service , if you send an email to them (usually Jeff) you get a personal reply , not a computer copy and paste, they are really helpful and will order stuff in for you .

YES it takes about 14-18 days from placed order to delivery from OO's, Jenson/Wiggle/Speedgoad/Chainreaction are about 8-10 days.

Understand their shipping policies and methods then theres no problems.

#22 ·
damn these guys are the WORST SHIPPING EVER!!!! get price match from other places, so you can still enjoi there prices...i mean come on it takes you 3 days to do the same thing other stores do in less then a day...I WILL NOT BE ORDERING FROM THIS HORRIBLE PLACE

#24 ·
like everyone else has said, prices are great, but shipping time is very slow. Im in VA and from the time of my order to the day its on my doorstep is about a week and a half.

great place to buy stuff you dont need now now now now now.

if you do need it now, just cut the crybaby drama and get it someplace else

#26 ·
I know it's a bit of a resurrection, just thought it'd be a good place to add this.

Put in an order for a few misc items to Outside Outfitters; picked the slowest (and obviously cheapest) shipping option to Canada. Will update when I have the items, but I got a tracking number 1 day later directly from the person I was dealing with. Very nice customer service so far (a few items were showing "call us", had to contact them), prices were WAY better than anything I could find anywhere else, and shipping was stupid cheap to Canada.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.